VN Ren'Py Zia [v0.4] [Studio Zia]

4.60 star(s) 5 Votes

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
cover with border 2.jpg

Overview:
Zia is a modern-day witch, hiding in plain sight as a stage magician.

But when the world of magic slowly starts bleeding into the ordinary,
Zia will have to make some pretty tough decisions that will change the course of her life.

Follow her story in this long-spanning saga filled with suspense, magic and wonder.

--IMPORTANT NOTE--
ZIA IS BISEXUAL!!!

The lesbian tag on the thread is in accordance with the site's definition - "Sexual acts between two or more females"

If you want a game that treats its female characters with care, and crafts a sincere "female-female" romance route as much as the "male-female" one - then you may like this VN.

But if your top priority is that the protagonist shouldn't be interested in any men, even in the slightest - then this game is not for you.

Thread Updated: 2024-01-14
Release Date: 2024-01-14
Developer Studio ONS
Censored: No
Version: 0.4
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - - -
Mac: - - - -

1.png 1b.png 1c.png 1d.png 3.png 2.png 4.png

Last edited:

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Zia-0.1
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Need help or have questions? Let us know here, or join us on !
, . Peer issues? Look here.​

Reactions: CoffeeSaint

Lindus

Nov 13, 2020
I'm curious, where this is going ...
But ... BUT ... that witch doesn't seem to be the sharpest tool.
Nick, her loverboy fooled around with his phone while she told him about being a witch and nobody would believe him.
Maybe he recorded the conversation? He even took a selfie with her ... she erased his memory but didn't delete that foto???
oh my ... I smell trouble.

Reactions: Arisushi

Jul 30, 2020
Nice. I'm not sure if you will expand this intro/prologue into a full length episode, but here are some notes. Take them as you wish:

• Music is lovely, so are the sound effects
  • Scene staging, general renders is nice, though you might want to pay more attention to hair clippings.
  • Dialogue and writing are clean and concise.
  • Character models and posing are done well also, even though I find your style to be a bit sterile.
Some critiques on pacing and flow:
  • Pacing seems rather quick, and I think the story could use more normal fade out- fade in transitions. For example the transition from the title screen to the stage had me thinking that the show was just starting, but it was actually towards its end ( a simple black screen with exposition explaining that it was after the show, or a "30 mins later"... would have been good).
  • Again, this scene ended super quickly, and we transition to a date with zack. which ends again rather quickly and into the bedroom.
  • The bedroom scene and part with the goblin is fine. Dream sequence is fine. Meditation, good.
  • Phone call: We did not get an actual reason for what she actually wanted to call about, again, the use of immediate transition into the next scene here is quite jarring. If you simply do not want us to finish the conversation, this would have been a perfect time to use fade out fade in transition. If the idea is that Nina actually warned Zia something fishy about the goblin and that is why it ended as it, then we had no "clue in" that such is the case (for example, show a scene with zia listening to Nina talking on the phone, with a worried look on her face, then do a normal transition to the warehouse scene).
Some typos:
  • During initial meeting with goblin: "causing me inconvience > causing me inconvenience ( I would change the whole sentence to be "resulting in an inconvenience" but do you)
  • Same scene: "i was just being rhetoric" > "I was just being rhetorical".

Good start with an interesting premise, nice art, and good writing. Good luck!

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
Thank you. Really appreciate the feedback. It helps a lot :)

Though the abrupt switches were deliberate, I get how it might come off jarring and uneven in terms of the pacing. (While I won't be throwing them away completely) I had already made up my mind to significantly tone down on those sudden shifts/transitions from the next update. And your feedback helped confirm it was the right decision :)

iodio

Jul 10, 2017
Pacing seems rather quick, and I think the story could use more normal fade out- fade in transitions. For example the transition from the title screen to the stage had me thinking that the show was just starting, but it was actually towards its end ( a simple black screen with exposition explaining that it was after the show, or a "30 mins later"... would have been good).
I do not agree on this. I find the quick passages from one scene to the next quite cinematic and done in the right way. From a storytelling point of view, they are quite effective. In fact, I think the pacing (and the framing choices for renderings) is what I loved the most about this v0.1.
I guess my only regret is... just one choice... not enoughhhhhhh... :p

4.60 star(s) 5 Votes