sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020

I've been working on art and menu/GUI stuff this week.

I'm done with adding music/sound effects. Coding is shaping up too, there's some left to do. I will be spending time working on animations in the upcoming week. I'm not sure how many more I need for this update; it's a story-focused update after all, but posing animations is the big task that remains.

I'm making good progress on the interlude and will start polishing and testing the game soon. After this, the usual beta testing and proofreading cycle will start. Being a smaller episode, it's hopefully a bit faster than usual, but there is some new stuff for testers to try and break.

Patron milestone reward
I'll be speeding up the Patron milestone celebration reward from now until it's done.

So, what I'll be doing is to post the remaining renders per order with each post I make.

There will be four more parts after today.

View attachment 1621316
View attachment 1621317

Enjoy and have a nice weekend!

Dr PinkCake
What a weird cycle this is going through, only one report gave numbers, but it sounds hopeful of ending quickly.
Without having any idea how many animations he wants to do, we could assume he will do a week for animations, a week for polishing and testing, and another week for beta testing?
A lot of speculation on my part, but last week of February or first week of March... although I want it to be sooner, I want to see this interlude as soon as possible.

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
Yes, and I think the side chicks with pet names on mobile phone app were just an early game idea that DPc decided to get away from since so many girls have been entering the story. At this point, official side girl from season 1 no longer has any meaning.
I still think Cathy's opportunity was missed early game. It could have been presented as a choice to pursue either Jade or Cathy. Being involved with Cathy during the photo scandal could have been rather interesting drama. At least when compared with other dramas like Patrick loan issues.
After appearing in the credits of the last chapter, I do believe that Cathe will reappear, at least for a tasteful farewell...
what about Cathy being too important to the story so be wasted in some stupid lewd sex scenes?

somehow later on it will be too important that her character is unasailable so the way she was driven out with no fault of her own is more important then if there was a sex scandal with a student!

there is also her connection to Rusty and she being the DIK main sponsor amongst the board members of the college!

she might be from a secondary burgmeister branch like the granddaughter of a burgmeister daughter

or she might be a bastard daughter or someone important and connected to the MC!

and with the incest patreon rules being so abrasive and all over the place if she was a 3rd degree aunt or 5th degree cousin perhaps DPC decided it was not worth it, that`s why the Madame Rose was created...

Seriously after the Q&A madame Rose is definitely cannon to the story no matter what, her model however might have been created to please a few fans from another game copying a certain Lynda... fan service and stuff!

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Redd23 and dalli_x

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
I'm already eager to MC, Josy and Maya have "the talk" and become official but still have to wait this fucking Zoey Interlude. Damn DPC, why you let this event just for ep 9

Reactions: ename144

Niu6609

Apr 28, 2021

I'm done with adding music/sound effects. Coding is shaping up too, there's some left to do. I will be spending time working on animations in the upcoming week. I'm not sure how many more I need for this update; it's a story-focused update after all, but posing animations is the big task that remains.

I'm making good progress on the interlude and will start polishing and testing the game soon. After this, the usual beta testing and proofreading cycle will start. Being a smaller episode, it's hopefully a bit faster than usual, but there is some new stuff for testers to try and break.

Patron milestone reward
I'll be speeding up the Patron milestone celebration reward from now until it's done.

So, what I'll be doing is to post the remaining renders per order with each post I make.

View attachment 1621316
View attachment 1621317

Dr PinkCake
I came back to check if there were any updates and I was not disappointed. Thanks for the hard work DPC and I'm hoping we get a release soon!

QuixoteTheDon

May 18, 2017
so...

I've played this game from start to finish this week, and I'm like yeah, Jill is the perfect waifu. . .

Then Quinn dumps the MC in the library, and I'm like ... LOAD, LOAD, LOAD!!!

How can this be? Jill is perfect!!! THE PERFECT WAIFU!!!

So why do I want Quinn to end up as the main LI for my MC???

How is that even possible after I rejected her in the beginning?

BADIK truly is the best VN game!!!

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
so what happens if the Interlude is considered to be "crap" by the majority of players? if it does in fact end up as pointless filler content, and its sole purpose is to brute force MC's ex back into the main story in order to stir up drama even though MC literally just had to "make a decision", do DPC and this game face any negative repercussions?

he has been very consistent with his work since AL on many levels, but he has never made an abrupt detour like this before. explicitly pushing the main story and characters aside to tell a literal interlude about a previously unimportant side character. if it is short and it is "crap", people would likely be annoyed that any time was wasted on it in the first place and that DPC should have just kept working on the DIK story (especially if it is going to directly challenge the decision your MC was just forced to make).

sure it could be good, but most players here at least have already expressed their disinterest in this side story and character. it seems like he might be setting himself up for some unnecessary negative feedback for a game that is otherwise nearly universally praised across the board.

just curious what people think if this interlude ends up being shitty

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
so what happens if the Interlude is considered to be "crap" by the majority of players? if it does in fact end up as pointless filler content, and its sole purpose is to brute force MC's ex back into the main story in order to stir up drama even though MC literally just had to "make a decision", do DPC and this game face any negative repercussions?

he has been very consistent with his work since AL on many levels, but he has never made an abrupt detour like this before. explicitly pushing the main story and characters aside to tell a literal interlude about a previously unimportant side character. if it is short and it is "crap", people would likely be annoyed that any time was wasted on it in the first place and that DPC should have just kept working on the DIK story (especially if it is going to directly challenge the decision your MC was just forced to make).

sure it could be good, but most players here at least have already expressed their disinterest in this side story and character. it seems like he might be setting himself up for some unnecessary negative feedback for a game that is otherwise nearly universally praised across the board.

then its shit! the interlude is also the gateway from saves into chapter 3 ep.9 so no way around it, anyway!

if he gets enough backlash i suspect he will add a skip interlude button after when ep.9 comes out!

if he gets overwhelmed with backlash he will react violently and probably fuck up several points in the story to fuck with players!

if he does not get enough backlash everyone will be forced to play the interlude!

there is also the possibility that you can set your MC at the proper beginning of ep.9 since it´s a split product i can only imagine that he must make it available for the 5-10% of people who never played the 1st 2 chapters as his patreon numbers get refreshed with new people who might not be interested in playing the original 1st 2 chapters... yes there are some weirdos out there!

Reactions: Redd23

Casiope

Nov 30, 2017

Patron milestone reward

Dr PinkCake
Okay, I know I may be asking too much for pirated content, but would it be possible to have the renders in Ultra HD too please? Full HD is so 2010's.
Anyway, thank you for sharing them with us.

Last edited:

Heycock

Jun 30, 2020

Personally i wouldn't mind if the guy took 3 months of holidays without delivering any content at all. The guy simple earned it. At some point either you became increasingly frustrated, or you just simple accept the fact that development of this things take their time and you have to wait for more content. If you can't deal with the wait, simple forget this thing exist and put your mind elsewhere. And that you will not always get what you want, the girl you want, the sex scene you want or things to develop the way you want.

Now regarding to players, it doesn't matter what DPC does or not, negative responses are going to grow couse that always happen. The wait make some people exausted, then irritated and eventually they start to attack the game. The only thing that could change anything is a drop in patreons. DrPinkCake, seemed to already get a hit. This last months since ep8 released numbers were droping for the first time in some time. Althought right now a lot of long time pupular devs saw something similar happening. Also maybe some decided to buy it in steam instead of suporting him in patreon?

Anyway he still earns a lot of money so he has the freedom to do what he wants and he seems to like that freedom.

mindern

Jul 7, 2017

Eh… take it or leave it is my opinion.

Im taking this interlude the same way I take Quinn content. Nice for those who want more of that character, not for me personally but I’m not gonna get bent out of shape DPC devoted time to her instead of something else.

The games overarching story has already laid out by DPC. He knows what role she will play. If she’s integral to the story then I’m kinda fine with an interlude… she needs to be fleshed out and id prefer this mini episode dedicated to her over some in game exposition dump.

If she’s just another LI route introduced late then… like I said, doesn’t bother me he devoted time to someone I’m not fussed about. A lotta people on here don’t like my LI choices. Can’t please everyone.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
what about Cathy being too important to the story so be wasted in some stupid lewd sex scenes?

somehow later on it will be too important that her character is unasailable so the way she was driven out with no fault of her own is more important then if there was a sex scandal with a student!

there is also her connection to Rusty and she being the DIK main sponsor amongst the board members of the college!

she might be from a secondary burgmeister branch like the granddaughter of a burgmeister daughter

or she might be a bastard daughter or someone important and connected to the MC!

and with the incest patreon rules being so abrasive and all over the place if she was a 3rd degree aunt or 5th degree cousin perhaps DPC decided it was not worth it, that`s why the Madame Rose was created...

Seriously after the Q&A madame Rose is definitely cannon to the story no matter what, her model however might have been created to please a few fans from another game copying a certain Lynda... fan service and stuff!
I firmly believe that Cathy is too important for this story. Let's look at a few facts. In the credits of EP8, we see that Cathy gets a job. Unfortunately, we don't know yet at which company or institution. It's also strange that the new boss is very similar to Lucas.:rolleyes::unsure:

In the last conversation between Cathy and the MC, there are two striking things. Cathy asks the MC to take care of Rusty. Shouldn't it be the other way around. I mean Rusty is older and the president of the DIK's. Cathy also says to the MC that she knows he will go his way. She doesn't suspect, she knows. That's weird. :unsure:(y)

Cathy's story is not over yet.(y)

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
...just curious what people think if this interlude ends up being shitty
I don't understand your question, if people think it is shitty then they think it is shitty :rolleyes:.
An author throwing in twists and setbacks isn't a bad thing, it's part of being a good author.
Do you really want a overly linear/predictable story?

Reactions: RukiRG and Redd23

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017

I am very optimistic about Interlude. There are so many unanswered questions in the MC's past that could be answered with Interlude. :D

Just imagine that Zoey had other contact with important characters besides the MC. Sage, for example, said that she once had a HOT sister who she didn't like and only accepted. What if that was Zoey?:unsure:

Personally, I'm looking forward to Interlude. To better understand the MC we should know more of his past and Zoey is a part of it.:D(y)

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019

As Pink has already said, he wants to set the tone for the third season with this interlude. Therefore, the Interlude should be interesting at least because it can tell what the third season will be (at least in terms of atmosphere). But the most obvious thing is that he will try to integrate Zoey into the main cast, linking Zoey's story with the story of MС and other girls.

We will probably be provided with more information about the MС itself, It is still a white spot for us. This story will primarily show Dr. Pink's skills as a screenwriter. No matter how connected Zoey is with Tremolo and others, if the script is bad, it won't help.

Reactions: beef-devourer

yepzuk

Aug 2, 2018
Okay, I know I may be asking too much for pirated content, but would it be possible to have the renders in Ultra HD too please? Full HD is so 2010's.
Anyway, thank you for sharing them with us.
Making renders/animations in that type of resolution would take way too long.. Even with insane PC running 24/7 I dont think he could produce the same amount of renders let alone animations in his usual 3-5 months period per update.

4.80 star(s) 1,509 Votes