Crimson Fire

Mar 12, 2022
Yet another developer that makes a QTE that ties the speed to FPS making the quick time impossible for people without peasant hardware. my FPS is well over 100 and the QTE is over before i can do anything. QTE suck because they literally punish people for owning high end systems

hkproduction

HkProduction Official Account
Game Developer
Sep 22, 2021
Yet another developer that makes a QTE that ties the speed to FPS making the quick time impossible for people without peasant hardware. my FPS is well over 100 and the QTE is over before i can do anything. QTE suck because they literally punish people for owning high end systems
May I know which OS are you using (Windows/Mac or Android) :cry:? It does sound like a bug that need to be fixed:unsure:.

I tried the game on Mac M1 and Windows (GTX3060) and seems like the game still run fine. QTE take 0.6-1.5s so that players can still react :unsure:.

If there is anyone having the same issue with the QTE please let me know too:giggle:

Crimson Fire

Mar 12, 2022
May I know which OS are you using (Windows/Mac or Android) :cry:? It does sound like a bug that need to be fixed:unsure:.

I tried the game on Mac M1 and Windows (GTX3060) and seems like the game still run fine. QTE take 0.6-1.5s so that players can still react :unsure:.

If there is anyone having the same issue with the QTE please let me know too:giggle:
I am using a windows 10 machine.

According to my testing....

The timing is 100% tied to FPS. When my FPS is over 100 I don't have a second to respond in fact i can't hit start and move my hand from my mouse to the arrow keys before I have already lost one or two QTE. If i reduce the max frame rate in Nvidia control panel to 30 FPS. I at least have time to do the QTE. I do not however think it is cool to force people to do this. FPS is a common meter for creating timing and it sucks because 10 years ago it wasn't too bad but with todays hardware it isn't good. ren'py isn't a graphics intensive engine so with todays high end CPUs and High end GPUs with high refresh monitors I am getting well over 200 FPS in fact i max out often at 244 fps on still renders which QTE have.

I can finish the game but i have to keep switching back and forth with my frame rates and i shouldn't have to.

i don't mean to sound like an ass but a 3060 is a low end card it isn't a high end card, so testing if a QTE works on a low end 3060 doesn't help for people who own higher end cards.

QTE were fine when monitors and GPUs limited FPS to 30 or 60 fps but now with Freesync/G-sync and high refresh monitors with the GPUs with the power to push fps to the limit these monitors can render QTE are a nightmare. Because now you have to make the QTE playable not over two possible settings but for 100s because it is normal to get a monitor with freesync or G-sync and capping at well over 200 fps. It is one of the reason QTE fell off use in computer games and you only see them on console games or console ports because with a console game you know everyone have the exact same hardware or very limited variations to the same base hardware, so you can refine the QTE to be exact. With PCs you can't do that as they are vast differences between hardware configurations spanning multiple generations of hardware. Even Ram can impact performance with a QTE and given that in most situations you want faster FPS things are optimized for getting higher frames and that again hurts QTE balancing in most engines especially engines who's roots go back more than 5 years.

Reactions: hkproduction

hkproduction

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2021
I am using a windows 10 machine.

According to my testing....

The timing is 100% tied to FPS. When my FPS is over 100 I don't have a second to respond in fact i can't hit start and move my hand from my mouse to the arrow keys before I have already lost one or two QTE. If i reduce the max frame rate in Nvidia control panel to 30 FPS. I at least have time to do the QTE. I do not however think it is cool to force people to do this. FPS is a common meter for creating timing and it sucks because 10 years ago it wasn't too bad but with todays hardware it isn't good. ren'py isn't a graphics intensive engine so with todays high end CPUs and High end GPUs with high refresh monitors I am getting well over 200 FPS in fact i max out often at 244 fps on still renders which QTE have.

I can finish the game but i have to keep switching back and forth with my frame rates and i shouldn't have to.

i don't mean to sound like an ass but a 3060 is a low end card it isn't a high end card, so testing if a QTE works on a low end 3060 doesn't help for people who own higher end cards.

QTE were fine when monitors and GPUs limited FPS to 30 or 60 fps but now with Freesync/G-sync and high refresh monitors with the GPUs with the power to push fps to the limit these monitors can render QTE are a nightmare. Because now you have to make the QTE playable not over two possible settings but for 100s because it is normal to get a monitor with freesync or G-sync and capping at well over 200 fps. It is one of the reason QTE fell off use in computer games and you only see them on console games or console ports because with a console game you know everyone have the exact same hardware or very limited variations to the same base hardware, so you can refine the QTE to be exact. With PCs you can't do that as they are vast differences between hardware configurations spanning multiple generations of hardware. Even Ram can impact performance with a QTE and given that in most situations you want faster FPS things are optimized for getting higher frames and that again hurts QTE balancing in most engines especially engines who's roots go back more than 5 years.
I see, seems like it's a problem with Renpy itself , somebody reports the same issue for other games. The timer for QTE is set as seconds in the code, but internally Renpy will calculate the time based on the framerate :unsure: .

I guess we will try to find a proper way to fix it, or somehow force Renpy to limit the framerate to 60 fps on other devices. (An ugly hack we can think of for now is to detect the user framerate and try to update the timing accordingly).
Thank again for letting us know about this (y).

Crimson Fire

Mar 12, 2022
I see, seems like it's a problem with Renpy itself , somebody reports the same issue for other games. The timer for QTE is set as seconds in the code, but internally Renpy will calculate the time based on the framerate :unsure: .

I guess we will try to find a proper way to fix it, or somehow force Renpy to limit the framerate to 60 fps on other devices. (An ugly hack we can think of for now is to detect the user framerate and try to update the timing accordingly).
Thank again for letting us know about this (y).
FPS timing is very common in game engines especially ones that have their roots over 5 years old. It is an engine issue and it isn't an easy fix. There was a game here with another QTE that had the same problem and even when told their fix didn't work they refused to believe people. part of the problem is that many GPUs (most for gaming GPUs) override software when it comes to rendering. Hardware acceleration is the norm not the exception in gaming so even software coding might not be such an easy fix. It can be done but it might take more effort than FPS = 60 line code.

Detecting framerate and providing timing based on that might be far more difficult than expected. Given freesync/g-sync technology has free FPS to render and display the FPS in non increments of 30 it isn't easy have multiple timings. Before if your GPU was giving you 55 FPS your 60hz monitor wouldn't render that it would render things at 30 FPS because the monitor couldn't render at 55 FPS it could render at either 30 or 60 FPS and that is it so that would only require 2 timings. This is often why you would see tweaks for high end GPUs 10 years ago telling people to lower settings to get a stable FPS over or at 60 FPS. Today freesync/g-sync monitors display whatever the FPS is, up to the max hz of the monitor. Much harder to create variable timings today because of this.

• Hey there
Reactions: hkproduction

hkproduction

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2021
rls.jpg
12 Goddesses v0.3 Public Release

Yay, today we released the v0.3 of 12 Goddesses to the public. You can get the latest version at: .
Thank you for your interest in the game. If you like our game, consider supporting us (for walkthrough/cheat, bonus content, early access), or give us a review on and f95zone .

Changelog
Content

- Total ~2 hours of content
- More main story content. See how Biden becomes an Alchemist and gets revenge on his enemies.
- A new mini for the crafting system.
- 2 H-scenes were added (1 for Nayomi based on the votes of our Patron)

Others
- The difficulty of QTE has been balanced due to feedback.
- Some optimization for the mobile version (smaller images, bigger text)

Reactions: dra4654 and dandoh6

Shenhan

Apr 7, 2018
View attachment 1891067
12 Goddesses v0.3 Public Release

Yay, today we released the v0.3 of 12 Goddesses to the public. You can get the latest version at: .
Thank you for your interest in the game. If you like our game, consider supporting us (for walkthrough/cheat, bonus content, early access), or give us a review on and f95zone .

Changelog
Content

- Total ~2 hours of content
- More main story content. See how Biden becomes an Alchemist and gets revenge on his enemies.
- A new mini for the crafting system.
- 2 H-scenes were added (1 for Nayomi based on the votes of our Patron)

Others
- The difficulty of QTE has been balanced due to feedback.
- Some optimization for the mobile version (smaller images, bigger text)
Will your mini games/QTE's be skip-able?

Shenhan

Apr 7, 2018
we provide cheat for our Patron to skip/win the mini games :LOL:. When the game is completed we will allow normal player to use cheat when they finished the game once :D
So we'll have to finish the game normally and then replay it to be able to skip the mini games?

hkproduction

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2021
So we'll have to finish the game normally and then replay it to be able to skip the mini games?
Yeah, it will help getting all the endings easier when you replay.
Sort of like some other games provide a god mode for players.

For now the game is not completed yet, so you still need to play the minigames, or try figuring out the cheat code yourself :LOL:

Shenhan

Apr 7, 2018
Yeah, it will help getting all the endings easier when you replay.
Sort of like some other games provide a god mode for players.

For now the game is not completed yet, so you still need to play the minigames, or try figuring out the cheat code yourself :LOL:
Eh, I can't be bothered with that. So I'm just not going to play it at all.

Good luck though, hope it goes well.

hkproduction

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2021
Yeah, ok, then i will ignore the game

I am not interested in crappy mini-games
Eh, I can't be bothered with that. So I'm just not going to play it at all.

Good luck though, hope it goes well.
Thank for your feedback. We understand that people have preferences (some don’t like minigame or feel like they’re time-wasting), and we respect that :D.

4.00 star(s) 28 Votes