TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
I know this is specific post is a year old, but I just started playing this game again (I started the first release when it came out but set it aside for a while, a friend suggest I give it another go with this most recent release) and I also hate when bisexuality in forced on the girls and the Mc enjoying it is forced. So, I just saw this. And my god the cognitive dissonance in this post is top tear blind spot and strawman, :ROFLMAO:

Literally, the examples you just used are optional. There is an incest mod, because incest is optional. The red heads and blonds are optional because you can reject the girls. The straight sex is optional, again because you can reject the girls and as you said, just avoid the game.

Lesbian stuff should be optional too, and it should be really optional.

With that response out of the way the rest of this is more for others who read, hopefully including the developer:

I came to the thread because I just got the scene were Vanessa suddenly reveals that she is bisexual, which came out of nowhere, and I told her that what I do with Petra has nothing to do with her, and it seemed like that might close the route with Vanessa (the mod didn't say it did but her words made me think it might have so I came here to find out). (NOTE: I wrote the rest of this section before I found the answer, though I think my statements still speak to how out of place the scene feels) That would suck, and now I'm looking in the thread to see if that was the case, because if it is then I may quite the game now, as such a choice from the developer speaks a lot about the developer's mindset as to how little they actually respect their player's limits. I was already dubious with the Mc making statements about the three daughters potential doing stuff to "make the harem work" which is stupid and unnecessary, and I hoped that if it came to it, I could finally override that teenage boy style mindset the Mc seemed to have (And it seems like a lot of other players feel the same). Vanessa was into the Mc, she flirted with him, and was clearly interested in him. But if the Mc does stuff with Petra suddenly, she is so much more into Petra, someone she doesn't even know and has only seen once from a distance, that if the Mc tells her he isn't interested in a three-way thing he may lose any chance with her? But if Petra isn't involved with the Mc then he gets Vanessa, like a he's a consolation prize? This whole scene feels like it is a real 180 for her character too. She "isn't an easy woman," but she is willing to three-way fuck some random woman she doesn't even know and will even get that woman's number from a third party and text her out of the blue to set up the three-way??? How weird would that text be, "Hi, you don't know me, but I'm your realtor's neighbor, and I saw you from a distance and (borderline illegally) got your number from her, and I'd really like to fuck you and her dad at the same time..." That makes Vanessa seem really trashy to me. She flirts with the Mc but makes it clear she wants to take her time for a lot of reasons, her husband's actions and the fact that his old partner comes around to "check on her"... but then she didn't even know Petra's name and then suddenly wants to fuck her so badly that if the Mc says, "Naw, let's not mix these two relationships," it makes her upset enough to basically tell you to bounce and leave her house? Where did her unease about relationship building go? Where did her not being easy and wanting to take things slower go? Where did her fear of her husband's partner go?

And someone I saw here said that Amanda hints at being lesbian or bisexual too, is that true? The cute, super shy waitress... which would be even more out of established characters and come from nowhere. But since I closed the game until I can figure out if the bisexual stuff is actually avoidable, I haven't heard her say anything about it so idk if that's accurate.

Just saw the answer about the Vanessa thing, you can reject the triangle and still get Vanessa. So, I think I'll dive back in for now. I'll just pretend that conversation never happened if I have to, because it felt so out of place.

I hope it doesn't come up again and I really hope that Amanda isn't a lesbian or bisexual and I really, really, hope that this is an actual harem and not polyamory where the Mc just becomes a living dildo for a bunch of chicks who don't really need him which is what so many so called "harem" games have become, even MNF that this took inspiration from forced that stuff, but that was a different time, and we just took what we could get, but that doesn't cut it anymore. There are more AVNs out there than ever and the old troupes are getting played out and people know now how easy it is to code with Ren'py (especially dialog). Adding two versions for a line of dialog with an if/else statement takes a total of four lines of code.

if bisex == True:
mc "I'll need to talk the girls into loving each other, we can be a full loving family."
else:
mc "It might be hard when they find out I love them all, but they all love me and we have such strong bonds, I'm sure we can work it out."

Create the variable like you do for the blood, pregnancy, or accepting any girl into the harem. That's it, for the code.

Anyway, I ended up rambling a bit, I'll end my little essay for the time being.
Wow...

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
What I have noticed with the incest patch is the patch files don't get updated for the early days so they have a file creation date from when they were created months ago. The game files for those early days did get touched by the game dev and have a later creation date. That means RenPy will not replace the games files with the patch files as it always uses the most recent file creation date.

What I did with my patch files is I opened them in Notepad++, made a change, put it back the way it was and saved the files so they are more recent then the dev's game files.

jI11jaCksjAkk

Jun 26, 2023
I have never had a patch work so inconsistently. I have tried all the modes at different times with different updates, and whenever things seem to be working OK I will still get an occasional 'step-daughter' thrown in, which personally takes me right out of the game. :confused: Not sure why this particular mod is so limited. I'm not a modder and definitely appreciate what they do...but it seems like if you can find-and-replace a term in one text file it wouldn't be all that hard to do a couple other script files while you're at it and have the mod be applicable to the entire game?? No? Sigh.

jonquilnatrix

Feb 27, 2024
The patch wasn't a simple replace X words with Y word patch. Games from a few years ago where all you had to do was replace landlord/roommate were easy patches or where all you had to do was remove step. You could make an simple patch script that autotmatically did this for all instances and it's even future compatible. But since the Patreon crackdown things have gotten less subtle and patching is more than just auto replace.

So this game It was a line by line patch which involves either reading every line in the script, or trying to do manual searches for every single possible "trigger" word or phrase, and things can definitely get missed easily ...

So let me give an example of patching by searching. If I were patching this game from the start I would start by using Notepad++ and doing a directory search for biological, relate, blood, adopt, and raise which were probably going to be easiest terms as long as you remember the terms since they aren't likely to appear a lot in the text. But then you also have to look for denials of relationship... Some games you an search for your basic words like dad, father, and daughter, offspring, kin, etc. But this game uses those words a lot! You also can't just search for words like "real" , "actual" or "not" as these words are incredibly common. So instead you need to try to think of phrases... not my, not real, not actual, not her, not your, aren't my, real dad, real father, real daughter, There's more but you get the idea. And even these are going to bring up a bunch of "false positives" that you need to read through. Even then you're still probably going to miss stuff that's more subtle, such as references to timelines that no longer fit. So yeah the only surefire way is to read everything word by word in the rpy files...

For the heck of it when I did my Barbara patch which involved the aforementioned tedious reading every single dam line of the script... I did note the following lines that could use fixing for the iPatch though which I've been meaning to post...

These definitely need fixed in the patch:

Day 9

"Because of your past, I thought I'm just imagining things... but there is nothing wrong about your relationship, since you aren't related at all."

Day 10
"Believe me we've talked about this countless times with [felicia] but neither of us care. Nor are we in a real father-daughter relationship."

Day 10
"But you're her father... at least that's how she sees you."

-----

This one might be fine...but the father in quotes makes this one a little shaky to me? At the very least I would remove the quotes around the word:
Day 10
"Since I've been back, I can't look at you as my daughters. But you really needed a man who would put your life in order like a 'father'."

Day 12 (This one may be a little trickier, but IMHO this dialogue exchange sequence doesn't make a lot of sense if Felicia/Tegan/Chloe are also biological daughters? This question only makes sense to be asked if the MC is only a pseudo father to the current girls?)
"If she was your daughter, would you still love us?"
"Stop talking nonsense! Even if she were my daughter, my feelings for you would not change."
"I knew you would say that and that's exactly why I love you so much."
-------

------
These one are kind of subtle and nitpicky, but I believe Felicia was around 3 when the MC was arrested so the one year timeline mentioned doesn't really fit when around since birth:

Day 10
"Technically you were [felicia]'s father for less than a year. And all she has left of you are a few hazy memories."

Day 11
"But at the time, I couldn't get over the thought that I had raised her as a little girl for over a year."

------

I lean towards thinking these are fine, and work as just a display of Chloe's rebellious insolence, and non acceptance from his being absent from her life? Your call though, just want to point them our for your consideration :

Script.rpy
"You are not my father! Why don't you get it?"

Day 5
"Really [main]? Why should I have to tell you anything? You're still not my father... Stop bossing me around."

4/25 Edited to remove the fixed ones

Last edited:

pds72

Sep 25, 2019
I just started a few minutes ago, but on a lot of the pictures there is a vertical line at about a third of the screen.
Do I have a wrong version?

View attachment 3454261
Looks like a byproduct of the "greenscreen." The characters are rendered and then superimposed on the backdrop. This cut down on time as you don't have the render the whole room.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2018
Looks like a byproduct of the "greenscreen." The characters are rendered and then superimposed on the backdrop. This cut down on time as you don't have the render the whole room.
Aha, ok. It's strange, because I've never seen this bug on other VNs.

jI11jaCksjAkk

Jun 26, 2023
The patch wasn't a simple replace X words with Y word patch. Games from a few years ago where all you had to do was replace landlord/roommate were easy patches or where all you had to do was remove step. You could make an simple patch script that autotmatically did this for all instances and it's even future compatible. But since the Patreon crackdown things have gotten less subtle and patching is more than just auto replace.

So this game It was a line by line patch which involves either reading every line in the script, or trying to do manual searches for every single possible "trigger" word or phrase, and things can definitely get missed easily ...

So let me give an example of patching by searching. If I were patching this game from the start I would start by using Notepad++ and doing a directory search for biological, relate, blood, adopt, and raise which were probably going to be easiest terms as long as you remember the terms since they aren't likely to appear a lot in the text. But then you also have to look for denials of relationship... Some games you an search for your basic words like dad, father, and daughter, offspring, kin, etc. But this game uses those words a lot! You also can't just search for words like "real" , "actual" or "not" as these words are incredibly common. So instead you need to try to think of phrases... not my, not real, not actual, not her, not your, aren't my, real dad, real father, real daughter, There's more but you get the idea. And even these are going to bring up a bunch of "false positives" that you need to read through. Even then you're still probably going to miss stuff that's more subtle, such as references to timelines that no longer fit. So yeah the only surefire way is to read everything word by word in the rpy files...

For the heck of it when I did my Barbara patch which involved the aforementioned tedious reading every single dam line of the script... I did note the following lines that could use fixing for the iPatch though which I've been meaning to post...

These definitely need fixed in the patch:
Day 5

"{i}Actually we have quite a few things in common, she also makes bad decision after bad decision... Even if we aren't kindred in the biological sense, we definitely are kindred spirits.{/i}"

Day 9
"Because of your past, I thought I'm just imagining things... but there is nothing wrong about your relationship, since you aren't related at all."

Day 10
"Believe me we've talked about this countless times with [felicia] but neither of us care. Nor are we in a real father-daughter relationship."

Day 10
"But you're her father... at least that's how she sees you."

-----

This one might be fine...but the father in quotes makes this one a little shaky to me?:
Day 10
"Since I've been back, I can't look at you as my daughters. But you really needed a man who would put your life in order like a 'father'."

Day 12 (This exchange sequence doesn't make a lot of sense if Felicia/Tegan/Chloe are also biological daughters?)
"If she was your daughter, would you still love us?"
"Stop talking nonsense! Even if she were my daughter, my feelings for you would not change."
"I knew you would say that and that's exactly why I love you so much."
-------

------
These one are kind of subtle and nitpicky, but I believe Felicia was 3 when the MC was arrested so the one year timeline doesn't really fit when around since birth:

Day 10
"Technically you were [felicia]'s father for less than a year. And all she has left of you are a few hazy memories."

Day 11
"But at the time, I couldn't get over the thought that I had raised her as a little girl for over a year."

------

I lean towards thinking these are fine, and work as just a display of rebellious insolence, and non acceptance from his being absent?:

Script.rpy
"You are not my father! Why don't you get it?"

Day 5
"Really [main]? Why should I have to tell you anything? You're still not my father... Stop bossing me around."
Very helpful post. (y) I figured there was more to it than simple Find-and-replace (when in doubt I usually assume I'm an idiot who is missing the obvious), but it makes much more sense to me now. I am glad of the game and the mod when it works for me, so I wasn't going to stop playing or anything dramatic. But now I will probably be more patient if/when something slips though the cracks in the free mod for the sex game I am shamelessly leeching. :)

pds72

Sep 25, 2019
ERRORS with Petra in romancescript.rpy??? Missing points.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The game checks if you have any petralove points. At this point you have -1 in Read Romance mode from saying Tegan is your daughter But in Game Mode, you can make this up, by complimenting her for +2. which you don't get in RRom Mode.

Because of all this, the next scene is you fingering her with no context. Seems like parts where cut out.

In the game mode there is this section.
Python:
else:
        scene sylday4049
        with Dissolve(2.0)
        pe "Well, the thing is, I would benefit from a little help with the renovation. But my fortune is now very depleted with this purchase. I don't think I could pay you too much."
        menu:

Reactions: Aurelius Ambrosius

pds72

Sep 25, 2019
MC's dialog vs thoughts:

These old peepers of mine find it hard to tell the difference other than context. I tried using a few different fonts, but still hard to tell. Came up with a couple of solutions:

1: Quick and Dirty. URM text replacer.
- Have it replace {i} with {i}[p]
- The game already sets up 3 colors [r]ed [g]reen and [p]urple so any of these would work.
- The downside is this also changes narrations as they're in italic as well
- The upside is this method will carry over to the next updates.

*** EDIT: I forgot to check the "Replace parts of words" box

2: P.I.A. Create a new character for MC's thoughts.
- UNREN game
- Open all .rpy files in Notepad ++
- At the bottom of the section of characters in the script.rpy file add:

Python:
define mct = Character ("[main]'s Thoughts",color="#00BFFF", who_outlines=[ (2, "#000000") ], what_outlines=[ (2, "#000000") ], what_color="#e062c5")
- The what_color at the end is changing to the text color. Included pic has others to choose from.
- Using the search Find and Replace mc "{i} with mct "{i}
- Notepad++ has the option to do this in all open documents at once to make it easier.
- Save all and good to go.
- The downside to this method is that it is only good for this update. You would need to repeat each update.
- The upside is that this will not change narrations.

Last edited:

pds72

Sep 25, 2019
Meeting Emily error: When first meeting her, it shows Emma as the speaker. This is the Read: Rude and Read: Romance mods. Game mode is fine.

emi.png

Reactions: TheSidewinder

Vlbc

Jul 23, 2022
I presume this 25 year daughter did worked so hard her whole life that now looks like 35 old?

Stress can really ruin a person :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: groudor

pds72

Sep 25, 2019
Here is my URM save file.....

This was made from a Read Mode: Romance, but a lot should carry over to Game or Rude.

To use
- download and install Universal Ren'Py Mod
- download View attachment 16 years later_.zip and unzip next to URM in /game folder
- may have to click the 'open save file' button in upper right corner

Jul 16, 2018
Is this an error with the VN, or with the WT mod?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
KeyError: 'Felicia'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "day14romancescript.rpyc", line 2043, in script
  File "M:\Games\16 Years Later EP12\renpy\ast.py", line 930, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "M:\Games\16 Years Later EP12\renpy\exports.py", line 1474, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "M:\Games\16 Years Later EP12\renpy\character.py", line 1340, in __call__
    what = self.prefix_suffix("what", self.what_prefix, what, self.what_suffix)
  File "M:\Games\16 Years Later EP12\renpy\character.py", line 1254, in prefix_suffix
    return (sub(prefix) + sub(body) + sub(suffix))
  File "M:\Games\16 Years Later EP12\renpy\character.py", line 1234, in sub
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "M:\Games\16 Years Later EP12\renpy\substitutions.py", line 278, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "/home/tom/ab/nightly-build-fix/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 165, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/nightly-build-fix/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 205, in _vformat
  File "M:\Games\16 Years Later EP12\renpy\substitutions.py", line 168, in get_field
    obj, arg_used = super(Formatter, self).get_field(field_name, args, kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/nightly-build-fix/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 270, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/nightly-build-fix/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 227, in get_value

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.4.24010101+nightly
16 years later! episode12
Thu Apr 18 15:57:48 2024

pds72

Sep 25, 2019
Is this an error with the VN, or with the WT mod?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "day14romancescript.rpyc", line 2043, in script
  File "M:\Games\16 Years Later EP12\renpy\ast.py", line 930, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "M:\Games\16 Years Later EP12\renpy\exports.py", line 1474, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "M:\Games\16 Years Later EP12\renpy\character.py", line 1340, in __call__
    what = self.prefix_suffix("what", self.what_prefix, what, self.what_suffix)
  File "M:\Games\16 Years Later EP12\renpy\character.py", line 1254, in prefix_suffix
    return (sub(prefix) + sub(body) + sub(suffix))
  File "M:\Games\16 Years Later EP12\renpy\character.py", line 1234, in sub
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "M:\Games\16 Years Later EP12\renpy\substitutions.py", line 278, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "/home/tom/ab/nightly-build-fix/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 165, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/nightly-build-fix/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 205, in _vformat
  File "M:\Games\16 Years Later EP12\renpy\substitutions.py", line 168, in get_field
    obj, arg_used = super(Formatter, self).get_field(field_name, args, kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/nightly-build-fix/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 270, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/nightly-build-fix/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 227, in get_value

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.4.24010101+nightly
16 years later! episode12
Thu Apr 18 15:57:48 2024
It is in the VN. day14romancescript.rpy and day14script.rpy
Open those in a text editor and search for the following code:

Python:
mct "{i}I feel that I won't be able to do this for long... but I think [Felicia] wants to finish it now, because at any moment someone could knock and it would be over.{/i}"
Change the [Felicia] to [felicia] same and it will be good.

You can also use the URM to replace the text. I put a link to it in the post above your post.

jonquilnatrix

Feb 27, 2024
Some minor text/grammar bugs in my mod were brought to my attention. I've fixed those and reposted the mod. You can get it here:

https://f95zone.to/threads/16-years-later-ep-12-wetdreamwalker.90568/post-6934456

(But note that these are strictly text/grammar changes. If you have already played past day 5 there's no benefit to download it again unless you really want to.)
I dunno if you missed my post, but there's still a few things you missed that you might want to fix in the next version of the i-patch mod. (skip to the second half of the post. I copy pasted the lines with the day they appear in.)
https://f95zone.to/threads/16-years-later-ep-12-wetdreamwalker.90568/post-13426358

3.70 star(s) 75 Votes