drhotrod

Aug 18, 2019
Is possible in Ren'py to keep track of all the decisions you make and display it aa a data set or graph for each girl?

Last edited:

I'm me

Mar 26, 2019
Did a little modding. Removed all the step-relations, family members are all blood related now, also Reworked some of the point distribution for some actions, (Loosing relationship points for staring without getting caught makes no sense) also fixed and edited some of the conversations to be more realistic/relatable

Installation:
copy the file into your *\sixteenyearslaternb-v0.3.2.public-pc\game* folder
Erm but don't you need those negative points so you can go the bad father route?

dacris69

M, TI
Donor
Nov 20, 2017
Nice women besides the daughters, the game has improved nicely since the first release...with some luck after 2-3 updates could become really good.

• Sad
Reactions: HansDampf788

TokyoR

Aug 30, 2018
have potential , even if people says a part is from other game or something , like well it gonna hapen with so many games out there , ONLY please fix a little the point sistem ,like if we want the hardcore route to go , sometimes it is no meaning any sense ...

dramallama

Dec 26, 2018
I’m going to rework the points system because a lot of people don’t like it.
My only problem with the point system currently is that each 'roommate' has a positve and negative path.. but if you do all 3 negative at the same time, it insta pops a gameover. So it feels weird being 'good' to 1, while 'bad' to the others.

And then on the other hand... it seems like the neighbor doesn't care about your interactions and tells Felicia that she thinks you'll get along great regardless. However, I'm sure this would get flushed out as the updates come... so this one isn't a big deal.

Overall, I'm really interested in seeing what you do with this, especially with you being active in discussions, which is always a good thing.

Reactions: Jarul and desmosome

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
What? You wanna see the shaw shank redemption MC taking it from the ”supremacy girlies”?
the game is super ♥ but please , add some rapey or at least some hard corruption or domination i guess ....
They would not show that shht in the movie,
why are you so dead set on seeing that nightmeare?

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Is there any way to disable game over if you get negative with all 3? This is such a dumb and arbitrary limitation.

To elaborate, this system just doesn't make any sense from all angles. The game acknowledges that there is a good and bad path. Bad path seems to be a strict father who wants obedience and what not to eventually train the daughters to be his sexual relief. So far so good. The daughters seem like they are going along with it without much suspicion. I liked the dream sequences showing the potential future and what you can expect out of the girls. If that was just a delusion on MC's part and the girls really do hate him with a passion, then that dream sequence becomes a pointless one.

The question is why does having all 3 of them on this "obedience" path mean that you are kicked out immediately? It doesn't tie into the plot, you just immediately get a game over. It doesn't make sense for the characters. It doesn't make sense from a gameplay perspective either. If someone wants to do the bad route, they most likely are not interested in being forced to be good to one daughter just to continue the game.

The other issues I see is that the game often gets confused on the pathing. I was very impressed at first, it looked like there was a lot of variations on the scenes and routes you can get. Let Felicia stay for the talk. If you don't tell your story to Tegan and Felicia, the day will end. If you explain yourself, you can do some stuff with Felicia afterwards (she asks you to come see her if you have positive score, or you can ask to see her pajamas if you have negative score). This kind of control over the events is good. However, I was experimenting with different combinations and one run had Felicia acting like MC and her did something "last night" but nothing like that happened.

Still, I was quite impressed with the different combinations of events you could get. That is.... until I realized that getting all 3 girls negative is immediate game over.

As for the writing, there are a lot of illogical aspects to it. Felicia was 3 years old when MC got locked up for 16 years. It's doubtful she even has memories from that time, but if she does, it would essentially be of the MC disappearing from her life. MC might as well be a stranger. Sure, she would have heard stories and maybe seen some pics while growing up, but it kinda makes no sense for her to see him at the front door and be like "Daddy~~!" Tegan could have been old enough, being 9 or so, to have some remaining bonds with him, but not the other girls. It just seems way too easy to get back into their lives. Also, there is too much "woe is me" and forced drama without getting the players invested in the characters - similar to killer7 in this respect I guess lol.

Anyways, writing skill is not something you can fix in a short time. I pointed out some problems, but I mainly read the bad guy routes and it's good enough to continue playing. The points system and routing is something that can be improved by planning things better. For one, just removing the game overs is an easy step. After that, try to plan the script to minimize the bipolar/schizophrenic feeling you get from MCs that shift in and out of the "bad guy" routine. For example, if you maintain an overall negative score and pick a positive choice, the MC might suddenly act out of character. Maybe you could alter the lines in a conditional way based on the overall score you have with the girl.

Personally, I think a single variable system that only cares about +/- value is not problematic in itself. I actually see what you were going for. You could still probably perv on the girls without going negative if you want to be the cliche good guy perv. You could still interact with the girls doing positive score things and keep an overall negative score to determine the route. I wonder if redoing the entire points system and causing everyone's saves to break is necessary.

Edit: Alright, but I'm playing a bit more and running into some issues. The positive and negative paths are not too consistent across characters. The gameplay was hinting at a system where positive points leads to a "loving" relationship and a negative score leads to a more dominant or lustful interaction. It didn't seem like a typical relationship meter where you just need to rack up +rel points to unlock scenes. The new characters kinda throw a wrench in this though. Petra gains positive points for doing pervy stuff which typically would lead to negative scores for others. The neighbor is hinting that the character might close off completely if you go for negative pervy stuff. I understand that characters have different personalities, but the way this translates to the points is not too intuitive because the 3 daughters showed us that negative score is viable route in itself. Plus, there was a choice that put me in a pickle. Felicia tells you about liking older men, and you can say that's disgusting or that you understand. Saying it's disgusting seems dumb for either route, so I picked the "understand" choice. This gave like 10 positive points when I was going for a bag guy run (this put me at +3 score). Maybe I just have a totally wrong understanding of this game... eh..

If this is all too long and you couldn't be bothered changing things too much, just remove the game overs and be done with it lol. I don't think there is anyone who would complain about that.

Edit:
Btw, I found a bootleg way to remove the gameovers. Just do replace all on "jump gameover" with "pass" after unpacking with unren. The game is instantly more playable.

Last edited:

msleomac

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2019
Did a little modding. Removed all the step-relations, family members are all blood related now, also Reworked some of the point distribution for some actions, (Loosing relationship points for staring without getting caught makes no sense) also fixed and edited some of the conversations to be more realistic/relatable

Installation:
copy the file into your *\sixteenyearslaternb-v0.3.2.public-pc\game* folder
patch not compatible with mod. think you can work something out

3.70 star(s) 77 Votes