Tyrranus

May 4, 2017
the only thing sadder than these crybabies posts is the fact they both believe what theyre saying and utterly ignore the fact that the dialogue choices in game still allow you to ack like a totall assbag jock if you choose to keep acting like a tween

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
My opinion is that the dev overshoots a bit when trying to introduce the more esoteric elements of MC's character and add dimension.

His behavior with Mei for example is a bit odd. He claims that she is unique and brave because she is willing to stand up to authority, and then he says that he himself would never do it, when he obviously has no qualms being waaaay too casual with Elara and challenging her all the time, despite having accepted her as his commander, for better or worse.

Another example is that he seems to be affected a bit too much by the horrors of war which contrasts his overall character. Being a good soldier and being horrified by war are not mutually exclusive, but the way it's delivered leaves something to be desired and creates a bit of dissonance between the player's expectations and MC's feelings.

At times he seems way too controlled by his emotions. His reaction to Mei's injury is a bit over the place. He knows first hand that people die in war, he knows that Mei was the best candidate, that sending another Mech wouldn't save her, yet he can't help but blame Elara and the rest who accepted Mei's decision to sacrifice herself. Going to Elara and demanding to know the plan for retaliation is fine and in-character. The discussion with Lydia near Mei's tank however seems inconsistent to me.

On the other hand, I think people completely misjudge him. He may think that women are no good for positions of power and frankly, that's his perogative, but that doesn't really deter him from accepting his role and being fair. The way I see it, he has more trouble dealing with the complete absense of militaristic tradition. No protocol, no uniforms, no identifying insignias, lack of military discipline. This base is as chaotic as it gets and it's obviously frustrating to him.

He is also absolutely correct in thinking that this "utopia" is a facade which clearly evokes feelings of uncertainty and hostility. It's like joining a goddamn cult by mistake. People trying to persuade you that this is the best time to live on Earth while it's obvious that they barely believe it themselves. This world falls into the same patterns, while blaming the old world for it's predicament. There is still abuse of power, depression, classes of people, opportunistic behavior and the like. The difference is that the generation he lived in was more honest about it in comparison.

A small comment on the "femdom" routes and the relationships with the girls:

I think there exists some incosistency in the femdom routes. Getting drugged and raped, or being physically dominated by a mystical alien martial artist are fine. Might makes right. But willingly submitting to Mei and Sari seem way out of character to me. This man is outrageous and domineering in all aspects of his character. Allowing the likes of Mei and Sari to take control is bizarre and even if you play him as mild as possible, it still feels inconsistent. However the femdom content is obviously optional so I don't mind some catering to audiences that like it. I just hope that it won't devolve into a caricature, because despite his flaws, I like this MC and is something that isn't very prominent in the genre.

Similarly I think that the females are a bit too quick to fall for him. Valentina seems a bit repressed and Opal is thirsty as fuck so they are fine, but Lydia proclaming her love, Elara going from hate to love due to circumstance, Drana becoming his best friend despite her ideology and Sari turning from enemy to his little bitch seem off. Not that I mind too much, but the game goes from zero to hundred a bit too abruptly and heavily contrasts the prologue. However if it was to be reworked somehow, I'd prefer a prologue rework rather than a slower burn (duuh). Don't know what the dev is smoking, but I wish he would share with the others, because these girls are fucking bombshells, easily some of the best renders I've seen.

To close this, despite my (mostly mild) objections, I really like this game and eagerly wait to see how it will progress. The story is intriguing and the scope is epic. So the important thing is for the dev to continue following his vision and not be too influenced by ideological/unfair criticism.

Tyrranus

May 4, 2017
My opinion is that the dev overshoots a bit when trying to introduce the more esoteric elements of MC's character and add dimension.
oh yes the writing needs a ton of polish and refinement but Ive set the bar really low for that anymore after playing way too many AVN. And you totally correct the consistency is almost non-existent with the MC.

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
MAN, I really enjoyed this title. I feel it's become a much better polished project...from the last release I played. (Nice work dev)

I also found this title definitely functions so MUCH better with RiamMar's walk through mod. (Multi-Mod [v0.3.9][RiamMar]) …I felt after using the walk through mod, it made following this story so much of a better experience. I feel having a walk through mod, it prevents the concern of making any kind of relationship ending mistakes (or missing out on sex content), due to easily picking the wrong story choice(s)…that could later fubar your desired path(s), noticeable much later in the story. (Then...having go through and try and find what past choices will need to be changed to improve the love interest's path standing.)

(Image below...) Using the 0x52_URM tool to view what's behind story choices...(mod is installed showing the right choice, as well showing the code used for that choice. And, showing details that is not understandable.

A suggestion to the dev...maybe consider providing early access to the wt-mod developer, so your project can be released with the multi mod walk through.

Regards.

screenshot0001.png

Reactions: Nurikabe

Draxo

Sep 20, 2017
The "like me?" lines got me howling lmaooo :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: , and how everyone just seems to break character and say yes hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: IndigoHawk

Ghost''

Mar 17, 2021
Mech Academy [v0.4.0 Steam] Unofficial Android Port + RiamMar's Multi Mod

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

- 376mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

Last edited:

LinkBox88

Feb 22, 2020
Hey dev, nerd here. A few times you have the MC employing ''irony'' that goes over Irina's head.

It would be better to describe what the MC is saying as sarcasm or being sarcastic. A sarcastic statement is ironic since you are saying the opposite of what you are meaning but the reason for using sarcasm rather than irony is that sarcasm is a form of expression whereas irony simply exists or is, and one can use expression to call attention to it.

A situation/outcome is ironic. Sarcasm is an expression that makes use of irony for effect. ''I was being ironic'' shouldnt really ever be said.

snake_27

May 23, 2020
New here!! and I love the game, it's one of my favorite genres (sci-fi vn). Overall the game is pretty well done, I can only praise the technical side. For the story, I think it's difficult for the dev to portray the personality of the MC with so many options, because you can be a straight asshole, or you can be much more accommodating, so I thank the dev for the variety. It's not always well implemented, but for the most part it's good.

Like another user said, I would have liked to see a different naming of the variables to make it easier to use the 0x52 universal mod, but that is 100% a selfish thought.

Soo, congrats to the dev, keep up the good work, and I'll try to subscribe for the next update as it's very tight this month.

By the way, was the first update really in October? If so, the amount of content is insane for less than 3 months.

broho1234

Dec 26, 2021
By the way, was the first update really in October? If so, the amount of content is insane for less than 3 months.
I noticed the same thing: the game appeared only 3 months ago, but the devs already released (a part of) the 3rd chapter out of 6 planned.
There is a lot of content for a game which only 3 months old.

Also, their strategy for financing the game seems very good: they will release the game on Steam on Dec. 15, about 3 months after it was announced.
If they sell one thousand copies (or more) they will have the funding to work full time on the game and finish it during 2024 as announced on Steam.

Other devs spend years on Patreon building a following that allows them to quit their jobs.
These devs will probably achieve that much faster.

Given the amount of content after only 3 months and the well thought business plan for financing the game, I think this dev or team is really professional.
Also I think they will be really successful if they can keep the same pace of deliveries.

Let me hear your thoughts.

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
1702235995940.png
Yeah .. about that ... many so called devs use volonteers, apparently, as a lot of messages on this forum alone atests to it, others brag about investing lots in assets, while others confess you only have one or two houses in the whole of Blender/DAZ repositorum, a couple a corridors and one park - so the fuss about what assets to use or when is a bluff.
There is only so much you can buy until you have to start putting things together and cohesively code things right.
I noticed the same thing: the game appeared only 3 months ago, but the devs already released (a part of) the 3rd chapter out of 6 planned.
There is a lot of content for a game which only 3 months old.

Also, their strategy for financing the game seems very good: they will release the game on Steam on Dec. 15, about 3 months after it was announced.
If they sell one thousand copies (or more) they will have the funding to work full time on the game and finish it during 2024 as announced on Steam.

Other devs spend years on Patreon building a following that allows them to quit their jobs.
These devs will probably achieve that much faster.

Given the amount of content after only 3 months and the well thought business plan for financing the game, I think this dev or team is really professional.
Also I think they will be really successful if they can keep the same pace of deliveries.

Let me hear your thoughts.
They may be actual working devs (coders/testers/designers) in their day jobs or retired managerial staff putting together a novelty project to boost their boring lives or even young students in any kind of arts trying to have a go at their own business with the skills they have, looking for independance and liberation financially and creatively.

There is this game on Steam where the devs literally charge forty bucks for it but they say none of the money goes to them, they are volonteering their time and efforts into developing the project - which managed to put out a year worth of the old bait and switch W0W trailers where full cutscenes of gameplay and GUi were nothing like what the actual game looks now after having just released, with minimalistic features outta what was advertised.

This game, it has the true feeling of a great adventure with scalable story arcs hinging on a plot that could go on for ever ... we shall see where the immagination ends and how fast this game devs paint themselves into a corner too small to escape.

ViperGts151

You don’t like me? Fine. Don’t waste my time then.
Donor
Jan 15, 2018

1702398654642.png
Hi guys!
We have released a new version of "Mech Academy."
In this version, 7000 words, more than 150 new pictures and 5 animations have been added.
Win/Linux=
Mac=

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
there's a bug in the current version... even though I didn't go to the bar and didn't fuck Sari, everyone says I did

Noxen

Sep 25, 2022
Mech Academy [v0.3.13] [Space Samurai Games]

Original Size: ~1.5GB
Compressed Size: ~300MB

Win/Linux:
| |

Mac:
| |

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I like the game a lot but with this recent update, but Elara's reaction to MC seemed...... inconsistent despite the different path taken with her (in her apartment) at the end of the update and left me scratching my head a bit?

If the player took the "Asshole" route; taking advantage of her under influence and fucks her, she gets mad about MC fucking her like a caveman and even cumming in her.
On the other hand, if player chose the "Gentleman" route; not take advantage of her under influence and just put her to sleep, she still gets mad at the MC with the whole "Why don't you love me because I'm half alien, you fuck Sari and not me, so I feel rejected." despite MC trying to explain that she wasn't herself and he didn't want to take advantage of her.

And yes, Irina tries to make it a point saying "Why would Elara wear a dress if she wasn't interested?" Which is a valid point.

But having said that, I do wish Elara had reacted differently with the "Gentleman" route;

For example, she could have just ignored MC since that incident, MC finally decides to talk to her after the lesson and when MC brings up the topic.
She responds more along the lines of "Oh, why should I care who you have sex with (implying she knows about him and Sari bar scene)? It's not like we're in a relationship."
With this, she's trying to play it off as she doesn't feel anything for MC yet would show that she's feeling a bit hurt.

But on top of that, she is appreciating when MC says "I would never take advantage of those I love." and in the end just says to him "let's just stop talking about this"

I think some sort of payoff like that for the Gentleman route would have been a better (yet different) outcome, at least in my eyes, instead of "both routes with her being mad regardless of choice made" lol.

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 49 Votes