Cool'Thulhu

Sep 24, 2017
Remember that, while Comic Book Starfire is indeed hypersexualized and canonically will and does have sex with everything that moves, this is based on the cartoon network show, where Starfire is basically a completely different character.
But she was also enslaved in this version, right?
In this case it was more like a prison then (given that prisoners are not tortured) ?

joe nemo

May 6, 2018
But she was also enslaved in this version, right?
In this case it was more like a prison then (given that prisoners are not tortured) ?
As I remember from the show she is on her way to prison or slavery and escapes from the transport ship when she meets the rest of the titans. She was a hard ass until she mellowed out.

Cool'Thulhu

Sep 24, 2017
As I remember from the show she is on her way to prison or slavery and escapes from the transport ship when she meets the rest of the titans. She was a hard ass until she mellowed out.

If she wasn't effectively slaved that leaves us with the question of HOW she became a "Hard ass", like I've said, in the comics it was through 6 years of emotional, physical and sexual torture.
But if she wasn't actually taken, she was supposed be just a princess (a superpowered, but untrained princess) :unsure:
Maybe cuz she was enraged by her sister's betrayal? Although that would be "weak"... but not that it had never happened before :cautious: :ROFLMAO:

joe nemo

May 6, 2018
If she wasn't effectively slaved that leaves us with the question of HOW she became a "Hard ass", like I've said, in the comics it was through 6 years of emotional, physical and sexual torture.
But if she wasn't actually taken, she was supposed be just a princess (a superpowered, but untrained princess) :unsure:
Maybe cuz she was enraged by her sister's betrayal? Although that would be "weak"... but not that it had never happened before :cautious: :ROFLMAO:
Her home planet is harsh by earth standards and her people are kind of barbaric. She has also been having to deal with palace politics and the asshole that is blackfire.

Reactions: Cool'Thulhu

Cool'Thulhu

Sep 24, 2017
Her home planet is harsh by earth standards and her people are kind of barbaric. She has also been having to deal with palace politics and the asshole that is blackfire.

I must say that i prefer this version of Starfire :ROFLMAO:, her comics version's backstory is to "edgy" and seems to be made just to justify her wanting to fuck everyone (cuz even though she says she also learn to HATE, she wasn't even that aggressive) :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Ghostload

Shark_inA-chiar

Sep 22, 2020
I must say that i prefer this version of Starfire :ROFLMAO:, her comics version's backstory is to "edgy" and seems to be made just to justify her wanting to fuck everyone (cuz even though she says she also learn to HATE, she wasn't even that aggressive) :ROFLMAO:
honorable mention love that Something Unlimited starfire she basically believes in being a slave

joe nemo

May 6, 2018
I just checked, the official backstory is in episode 62 entitled "Go". Starfire was locked away on on a Gordanian transport to be taken to the citadel as a prize when she escaped and made her way to earth. She hadn't been raped or made into a slave.

Mar 18, 2018
This episode is a prequel episode from season 5, where we've had plenty of time to get used to the adorkable starfire. It's meant to be a shock to the audience to see her acting so violently and out-of-character. I'll also point out that they did keep starfire's sexuality in the show, in a sense; It's just a kids show so they toned it down and gave a fluffy lore excuse (They can learn alien languages by 'kissing').
detmo0q-2e406835-ba90-4939-92b4-6ea384236801.gif

To be clear, this was done purely to justify adding in a bit of sex to a kids show, through her building relationship with robin. And her edgy backstory is really just there to provide contrast and add to the drama with blackfire. It's really not different from the comics at all, just directed at a younger audience.

Cool'Thulhu

Sep 24, 2017
It's really not different from the comics at all, just directed at a younger audience.
I mean, it kinda is :unsure:

I REALLY doubt THIS Starfire was being raped for 6 years, and that was a pretty "core" concept on her personality and backstory, she would be far more fucked up in the head if that was the case, and if she wasn't, then is a different version... which is totally OK... comics do that ALL THE TIME.

That background is just the classical version but not the her ONLY comics version, her newest one for example, Tamaran is a "free love" planet, so that's why she is the way she is regarding sex, no rape is mentioned (although not denied :unsure:), just the torture of the experiments she was forced to go through and how she awoke her powers because of it (in contrast of having her natural Tamaran abilities amplified in the classic version), her struggle this time was with addiction, since the guards needed to drug her (a lot) to keep her newly discovered powers in control.
BTW Blackfire isn't even evil in this new version, she was "forced" so give Starfire

There are other versions too (Earth 1), superman style, where she was sent to earth as a baby and kept sedated for 16 years...
You know, comics doing comics stuff :ROFLMAO:
So yeah, every version is a different version and sometimes they don't even have something in common.

From what i read in quick search the closest thing to rape in the show was Slade "abusing" Raven:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But even I think that a little exaggerated :ROFLMAO:

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
If you play Lego DC's Super Villains, while walking around town you'll occasionally hear a passer-by talking about having wanted to join the Teen Titans, but didn't have the required 'tragic backstory', powers, oh and a moral compass. :D

Cool'Thulhu

Sep 24, 2017
If you play Lego DC's Super Villains, while walking around town you'll occasionally hear a passer-by talking about having wanted to join the Teen Titans, but didn't have the required 'tragic backstory', powers, oh and a moral compass. :D
Now that i thought about it , they are all fucked up :ROFLMAO:

• Robin saw his family die to a crime lord and was raised to be a 'hero" by a borderline sociopath
  • Raven was a byproduct of rape, was forced "contain" all her feelings since birth and is tempted by her father influence all time
  • Cyborg lost most of his humanity on a accident and is bound to a machine forever
  • Terra (this one varies a lot) was branded a witch and got lynched and almost burned alive when as a kid, and she was raised by a literal sociopath
  • BeastBoy (this one too), coming from abusive parents, contracted a rare illness that got cured by a special serum and gave him powers, then he was kidnapped and forced to help criminals

HOLY SHIT, whose idea was to turn this guys into a kid's show!? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
Now that i thought about it , they are all fucked up :ROFLMAO:

• Robin saw his family die to a crime lord and was raised to be a 'hero" by a borderline sociopath
  • Raven was a byproduct of rape, was forced "contain" all her feelings since birth and is tempted by her father influence all time
  • Cyborg lost most of his humanity on a accident and is bound to a machine forever
  • Terra (this one varies a lot) was branded a witch and got lynched and almost burned alive when as a kid, and she was raised by a literal sociopath
  • BeastBoy (this one too), coming from abusive parents, contracted a rare illness that got cured by a special serum and gave him powers, then he was kidnapped and forced to help criminals

HOLY SHIT, whose idea was to turn this guys into a kid's show!?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Idk man, they sound like typical teenagers to me :HideThePain:

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes