Ren'Py 2019 in These Good Ol' Mountains [v0.8 Prototype] [Black Arts Theatre]

aether16

Dec 7, 2021
HOLY SHIT......
That update is from October last year, This piracy forum just got it yesterday.. How do you not get that? This website isn't the website where every update gets shared first.. Not only that the update is not even publicly available.
Your proof is when it was update on THIS FORUM NOT WHEN THE UPDATED OFFICIAL RELEASE. That was in October you can check the Dev Patreon.
Its just a very old update that didn't get shared.

Here this is how the Dates work:
"Thread updated" - is when we updated the thread with the release
"Release date" - THE DATE WHEN THE UPDATE ACTUALLY RELEASED ON THE DEVS PATREN (etc)
need +1 Brain

Troqu

Aug 6, 2017
Ok so this is just a reboot of the other one? It has the same plot and most of the same mechanics from what I can tell. Just a different name, probably because the dev got annoyed with all the "um actshuallly" shit going on in that other thread, and cleaner graphics which is a plus. I haven't played to the end of current content but seems like a decent reboot and if you're going to do it, right at the start of development to fix problems is the time.

aquaregia99

Jul 2, 2019
Ah yes, the curse of western/patreon developers. Release half-baked demos/builds and then transition to a new project before completed to never again visit the older project. Repeat cycle until money no longer comes in then rebrand as new company to start cycle over again.

Maybe we should keep a list rolling on the forums for developers that do this. Although, I feel it might be easier to keep the opposite list of just developers who keep general schedules, don't pussy foot updates, and complete projects (regardless if they are "perfect").

• Red Heart
Reactions: Blue3252

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
So this is a remake of the last game with the option to change the visuals of the sister?
Seems like a lot of effort (or even worse performance) for something that rarely makes or breaks the experience. I wish the dev all the luck and endurance, but I shall not bet on it.

Shipfan66

Mar 24, 2019
Looking at the previews this is clearly just a reboot of Alabama. Which, ofc, is now tagged OnHold. Like Brave New Isekai before it, likewise OnHold. Kinda startin to see a pattern here. Maybe I'll just wait a year or two to see if this one goes anywhere before I bother with it. Got too many H-games already downloaded that I haven't had time to try yet anyway.

Reactions: LDV

Obsidion69

Jun 16, 2018
So ya this is clearly a reboot of Welcome to Alabama. I mean he's reusing assets, based on the description the story is effectively the same only with covid removed from the equation, based on the preview pics the MC and "sister" have the same names, etc... What other changes are made we'll have to wait and see but I think the change to eliminate covid from the story at least makes sense. I mean besides the fact it eliminates an unnecessary plot element that under normal circumstances could limit the story options the setting is also in Alabama which did fuck all in terms of covid prevention hence why they had one of the highest death tolls in the country from it so why bother including it in the first place.

Ah yes, the curse of western/patreon developers. Release half-baked demos/builds and then transition to a new project before completed to never again visit the older project. Repeat cycle until money no longer comes in then rebrand as new company to start cycle over again.

Maybe we should keep a list rolling on the forums for developers that do this. Although, I feel it might be easier to keep the opposite list of just developers who keep general schedules, don't pussy foot updates, and complete projects (regardless if they are "perfect").
A list of devs that actually have finished a project would be a good idea. Would help keep those who aren't paying attention from getting scammed while cutting down on the destined to be abandoned clutter.

• Red Heart

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Anyone know why the word sister is in quotations? I had first assumed the dev rebooted it in case Patreon was cutting them off for incest and noncon, but the screenshots and description imply otherwise.

Troqu

Aug 6, 2017
Anyone know why the word sister is in quotations? I had first assumed the dev rebooted it in case Patreon was cutting them off for incest and noncon, but the screenshots and description imply otherwise.
Probably because the player is a spirit possessing someone so it's the body's sister, not the players.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Nah pretty sure the dev rebooted because the first game was ass and the visuals sucked.
If I remember right it was originally going to get a visual overhaul, mostly because the animations looked like shit which ended up snowballing into an all out reboot.
What's wild to me is that from the screenshots it somehow looks even worse than the original :whistle::whistle::HideThePain:

Reactions: Chris2041

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
This isn't a Reboot of Alabama.

This IS Alabama. Same plot, same Sister, same animations, same models, same freaking backgrounds.

I normally get on people when they say patreon games are a scam, because most of the time they're just salty people are paying for a shitty product. But in this case I'm pretty sure this literally is a scam of some kind, because they have not modified a DAMN thing!

• Angry