Troll

Apr 22, 2017
onionbros Just for your info : Remy it's a french name but only used for male...
I'm french and if I see someone who look like a girl being called Remy I can assure you that I'll think he's a transsexual !!!

You can call her Romy it works for a girl and it's really close...
Don't mind him, he's French :D We in Europe learned to ignore them for the most part :D

Cur8t0r

May 26, 2018
No events are firing for me. Was supposed to go to a party on Friday at Remy's but it never happened.

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
Just chiming in on the whole Remy name thing. For context, it would be like meeting a Mexican woman named Pablo, or an American woman named Michael. Wanna know how weird that is? Pick a random episode of Kurtz Trek: Discovery and see if you can make through an hour without cringing.

I'm sorry. That's a cruel suggestion on my part. Make it 10 minutes. Nobody should ever have to endure an hour of Kurtz Trek.

Reactions: filochard

onionbros

Rodion Raskolnikov
Game Developer
Feb 1, 2019
No events are firing for me. Was supposed to go to a party on Friday at Remy's but it never happened.
Remy's party is on Friday evening at the school yard not at her place. There is an app in your phone that helps.

I have no clue what i'm supposed to do at the start??
The main story starts in the bathroom anyday during afternoon. Remy's events start after her party, if you're not sure also check your messages from her once you unlock her number. There is an app in your phone that helps with next steps. I'll try to improve this in the future.

onionbros

Rodion Raskolnikov
Game Developer
Feb 1, 2019
Don't mind him, he's French :D We in Europe learned to ignore them for the most part :D
Just chiming in on the whole Remy name thing. For context, it would be like meeting a Mexican woman named Pablo, or an American woman named Michael. Wanna know how weird that is? Pick a random episode of Kurtz Trek: Discovery and see if you can make through an hour without cringing.

I'm sorry. That's a cruel suggestion on my part. Make it 10 minutes. Nobody should ever have to endure an hour of Kurtz Trek.
It would be pretty funny to keep it this way, seeing how people react to her (his?!) name :ROFLMAO:

Gweg

Apr 22, 2020
onionbros Just for your info : Remy it's a french name but only used for male...
I'm french and if I see someone who look like a girl being called Remy I can assure you that I'll think he's a transsexual !!!

You can call her Romy it works for a girl and it's really close...
I am French too, and I confirm that remy is an exclusively masculine first name in France, so the first name of the character in the photo deosn't match with her country
It would be pretty funny to keep it this way, seeing how people react to her (his?!) name :ROFLMAO:

I also am one of those annoying Europeans who tend to get ignored by the others for the most part, and I second my fellow countrymen: Rémy is definitely a dude's name in this weird country of ours! :D

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: filochard

Carlo Rossi

Apr 4, 2018
I think this game has a good foundation to build on. In the intro, the storytelling is very well written and not too long. I also love the choice of actresses. The game still feels quite empty and I think it would be nice to have an alternative way to advance time than repeatedly clicking on the hourglass (those useless options like "take a nap" or "play a game"). Of course, it would be better to have more meaningful things to do while waiting for the next event, but I hope that future updates will help in this respect. Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: onionbros

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
In America, Remy (and alternate spellings of Remy) gets used for women a lot. It's like how Sasha is mostly a man's name in Europe, but mostly a woman's name in America.

Who knows why the names get switched here?
Mainly ignorance and indifference. Americans (and possibly other English speakers) probably pick names based on how they sound, rather than what they mean. Parents, especially immigrants, might choose names that sound familiar or are easy to pronounce, even if the names don't match up to traditional genders. Trashy or otherwise unwise parents might decide that they want their child to sound unique or exotic and choose names they heard once, not bothering to check what it means or who it's for, hoping others are just as clueless as them. Sometimes a name just gets trendy enough that it's normalized as the opposite gender. For example, Ashley used to be a boy's name a long, long time ago.

Last edited:

onionbros

Rodion Raskolnikov
Game Developer
Feb 1, 2019
I think this game has a good foundation to build on. In the intro, the storytelling is very well written and not too long. I also love the choice of actresses. The game still feels quite empty and I think it would be nice to have an alternative way to advance time than repeatedly clicking on the hourglass (those useless options like "take a nap" or "play a game"). Of course, it would be better to have more meaningful things to do while waiting for the next event, but I hope that future updates will help in this respect. Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work!
Thank you, I will definitely try to add more meaningful things to do each day (work out, work, learn, etc.), that should reduce the skipping needed at the moment. I need to think about this, I don't just want it to be grindy like having to eat and shower everyday...

kevinhnl

Mar 23, 2019
In America, Remy (and alternate spellings of Remy) gets used for women a lot. It's like how Sasha is mostly a man's name in Europe, but mostly a woman's name in America.

Here in holland so europe sacha is also mostly used as name for a woman. remy for man and rene both men and woman

KenneX

Apr 21, 2019
"Have you helped her record dances?"
And how do I do that, hints say "You have finished all current content." Obviously that's incorrect? There's also "label Remy_Beach"...
EDIT: Nvm, I've just used the phone to start a scene when there apparently are none left and picked her up at her home when she was still at the park, no problem.

Last edited:

onionbros

Rodion Raskolnikov
Game Developer
Feb 1, 2019
"Have you helped her record dances?"
And how do I do that, hints say "You have finished all current content." Obviously that's incorrect? There's also "label Remy_Beach"...
EDIT: Nvm, I've just used the phone to start a scene when there apparently are none left and picked her up at her home when she was still at the park, no problem.
Hi, yes when you need to read a message there is a brief window where not events are active. I already fixed this for the next version, so there will always be a hint on what to do.

varage

Jun 26, 2019

Because sasha's a shit girl name? And Remy kinda seems like it's multi gender. It's feminane enough to be female and manly enough to be male. But Sasha... yea if your names sasha and you a dude. I'm very sorry for your lose =(
note: I'm pretty sure you're pulling my leg though ima go look up Vagena in Europe's white pages and see if it's a male name.

Troll

Apr 22, 2017
Because sasha's a shit girl name? And Remy kinda seems like it's multi gender. It's feminane enough to be female and manly enough to be male. But Sasha... yea if your names sasha and you a dude. I'm very sorry for your lose =(
note: I'm pretty sure you're pulling my leg though ima go look up Vagena in Europe's white pages and see if it's a male name.
pretty sure a bunch of Russians are now looking for your home address to correct your thinking :)

onionbros

Rodion Raskolnikov
Game Developer
Feb 1, 2019
Hello friends, small update:

Week 1

I am working towards v0.15 with the main goal of adding more girls. However doing so without implementing further game mechanics is currently still difficult and not entirely meaningful. For this reason I have also tweaked and added a few more features.

Here's the progress I made this week:
- 2 New Events (one of which is the first half of a very long event, that will finish the full introduction of the game). This will also include the introduction to the player's main attributes. These will be needed to unlock or progress most stories in the future.
- 2 New Girls have been added, which will feature in these events.
- It is now possible to leave the city (further navigation layer added).
- Several new locations have been added.
- Several new outfits have been prepared.
- Improved the current Hint system. If you need to read a message to progress, you will also see a hint for this, and if you have a new message an icon will show on the message App in your phone.
- Almost finished coding and implementing an inventory system.
If you want more frequent updates, please join my discord server:
Best,
Onion

3.70 star(s) 11 Votes