3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

acusrola

May 30, 2020
Cute character, love freckles.

Those freckles are L.I.E.'s (Layer Image.... someone else knows what the E stands for) which is basically a texture that is applied OVER the current texture. Now this isn't a diffuse overlay, or metal flakes or something similar. L.I.E. files will apply directly on the diffuse map. When you applied the freckles, you probably noticed that DAZ became unresponsive, that's DAZ applying the freckle texture over the original diffuse map. This is the same as you using photoshop or gimp or whatever to apply a freckle texture over a diffuse map yourself, but DAZ does it automatically.

If you go to (in your case) shaders and face (and maybe lips), you'll find the diffuse map has a name like Temp27.png or something like that. Change that back to the original diffuse map and the freckles are gone.

Yuuki4

Jun 30, 2018

Those freckles are L.I.E.'s (Layer Image.... someone else knows what the E stands for) which is basically a texture that is applied OVER the current texture. Now this isn't a diffuse overlay, or metal flakes or something similar. L.I.E. files will apply directly on the diffuse map. When you applied the freckles, you probably noticed that DAZ became unresponsive, that's DAZ applying the freckle texture over the original diffuse map. This is the same as you using photoshop or gimp or whatever to apply a freckle texture over a diffuse map yourself, but DAZ does it automatically.

If you go to (in your case) shaders and face (and maybe lips), you'll find the diffuse map has a name like Temp27.png or something like that. Change that back to the original diffuse map and the freckles are gone.
Awesome! I'd never find that on my own, thank you!

Thanks, her scene file is literally saved as just "Cute" so I guess we have similar taste lol

Yuuki4

Jun 30, 2018
Okay, so I have 2 questions about this render:

1655547973394.png

1: How do I get rid of the white see-through effect of her hair? When I view it in full screen (or the rendering window) it seems as if it is just grainy noise, but I can't seem to get rid of it.

2: How do I make her skin a bit more glossy, so she doesn't look completely dead? As a reference, I'm looking for something kinda like that, in terms of glossy-ness:

1655548197020.png

Apr 18, 2021
Okay, so I have 2 questions about this render:

View attachment 1877661

1: How do I get rid of the white see-through effect of her hair? When I view it in full screen (or the rendering window) it seems as if it is just grainy noise, but I can't seem to get rid of it.

2: How do I make her skin a bit more glossy, so she doesn't look completely dead? As a reference, I'm looking for something kinda like that, in terms of glossy-ness:

View attachment 1877667
You need to play around with the "Surfaces" tab for each figure; the hair and the skin of the model. This works differently between G8 and G8.1
This video covers the topic pretty well.

Reactions: osanaiko

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
I think I know what the answer will be, but asking anyway... I am using DAZ V 4.15 and not going to update for a while I think. I have read a lot about how 4.20 is full of various bugs. I don't think that when I downloaded DAZ last year that I actually got or had the install file. I have a complete backup of the Libraries, but not the actual DAZ program itself. Is there a place/location that I can get/download the install file in case I have to actually do a rebuild ( Which I hope never happens, but to be safe ) Does any one know for sure if it is even available???

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
tripod70 There's no "official" way to access old release versions, for some reason Daz has that policy (probably so they don't have to support issues across different versions).

I've seen it written in the Daz forums that if you ask nicely (and are a paying customer i.e. have a history of paying for content) then their support team will give you old installers.

Otherwise, you need to get a installer from somewhere on the interwebs (Ahoy there matey).

For future reference:
1. always get/keep a backup of the installer so you don't have the same issue in the future
2. using Daz Install Manager, you can have an "official" and a "beta" install in parallel. I generally keep "official" on the known relatively stable version (4.15 at the moment) and just do "beta" installs of the newer versions until I find one that seems to have a good reputation and a compelling reason to upgrade.

Reactions: tripod70

Yuuki4

Jun 30, 2018
I don't understand how to get texture-presets working on dicktator.

I've gotten the dictator shell to load, and the dick changes color when I apply on or the other. I can't, however get dick veins to work. I'm selecting the displacement as in this picture:

1655746473752.png

I'm not getting any weird messages, and ^ that's what it looks like. I've got the Dicktator Shell selected in Scene as well.
To me that looks like it did nothing. So naturally I try to increase the effect by bumping it up, as shown in picture the second picture. I get a message that seems to me like it worked like intended, except that literally nothing happened. No matter how much I crank up that parameter.

1655746667181.png

What am I missing?

acusrola

May 30, 2020
Check the shaders (surface) tab for the dicktator shell, find one of the dicktator texture sets - should be called dicktator part i.e. glans, scrotum. Find the shaft texture set and at the very bottom see if there's a displacement map even applied.

Yuuki4

Jun 30, 2018
Check the shaders (surface) tab for the dicktator shell, find one of the dicktator texture sets - should be called dicktator part i.e. glans, scrotum. Find the shaft texture set and at the very bottom see if there's a displacement map even applied.
Thank you so much!! That was it! :D

EquiIibrium

Jan 18, 2021
Hello! I have a problem with Daz Studio 4.20 and specifically with Golden Palace and soft buttocks/dforce Hip and Breast V2 for genesis 3/8/8.1 plugins compatibility. When I try to use them together I have strange issue like on screenshot below (its not texture shaded preview bug, it also happens in Iray preview and renders). Is there any fix for this? I tried applying GP first and then soft buttocks or dforce hip and vice versa, nothing changes. 1656010214010.png 1656010289158.png

theKimb

Jun 4, 2019
Can someone tell me how to place your scene on a higher position when using an HDRI or lower the HDRI?

I'm building a classroom that's on a higher floor (like 10th or something) so the only things visible when looking through the window should be other big buildings, their rooftops or just the sky.

I tried it with this one here:
Activated the "Draw Ground" option, used the domes with Grounds, and lowered the position for the ground.

It works well for like the first max. 10m but when I go higher the distortion becomes rly bad (no matter if sphere or box mode).
Either the rotation is completely off or the HDRI is too close.
Sometimes I can make the dome look good but then the ground part is distorted af.

Any ideas how to do this properly?

I've just made some renders and used one of these HDRIs (one without clouds as ground)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Can someone tell me how to place your scene on a higher position when using an HDRI or lower the HDRI?

I'm building a classroom that's on a higher floor (like 10th or something) so the only things visible when looking through the window should be other big buildings, their rooftops or just the sky.

I tried it with this one here:
Activated the "Draw Ground" option, used the domes with Grounds, and lowered the position for the ground.

It works well for like the first max. 10m but when I go higher the distortion becomes rly bad (no matter if sphere or box mode).
Either the rotation is completely off or the HDRI is too close.
Sometimes I can make the dome look good but then the ground part is distorted af.

Any ideas how to do this properly?

I've just made some renders and used one of these HDRIs (one without clouds as ground)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It is not possible do move an HDRI. For a small displacement (<1m), you can play with the ground position, but at 30m high, the vision of the town is completely different. You can see the roof of some buildings, the top of trees, etc. Obviously a lot of information that is not recorded in the original image.
If you absolutely want to use an hrdi, you should create your own. I havent found any hdri in any site that where suitable for a rooftop or high floor scene.
It is not very difficult to create an hdri. Look at this thread or this one

Yuuki4

Jun 30, 2018
Hi, I have this issue with Golden Palace on G8F. It's a completely new scene, and and T-posing G8F.

I'm literally just following the vag-setup, but it doesn't delete the old "non fun" stuff and clips together like in the picture. If I do the next step, 3, it shades the vag as it should but it doesn't remove the old stuff either. Shell-fix doesn't do it either (full disclosure, I have no idea what shell fix does).

How do I fix this?

1656113962812.png

EvasionYT

Jan 6, 2021
Daz slapped me in the face when I found out they don't support AMD cards. So here I am! Calling all EXPERIENCED devs to give me an opinion. Should I go with an RX card but import everything from daz including characters placed and environments to blender for rendering and animation, or should I buy a 3060 (huge downgrade from the RX 6750XT) and use their tools?

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Daz slapped me in the face when I found out they don't support AMD cards. So here I am! Calling all EXPERIENCED devs to give me an opinion. Should I go with an RX card but import everything from daz including characters placed and environments to blender for rendering and animation, or should I buy a 3060 (huge downgrade from the RX 6750XT) and use their tools?
I guess the biggest question is, what do you want to accomplish? Are you making a VN? Just making a few one-offs for fun?

Even if you did go the Nvidia route, a 3060 wouldn't be the way to go. a 3070 or 3070ti would be the absolute bottom I'd recommend, unless you're able to afford two 3060s. Which is still barely worth it, imo. Even then, can you afford it? Is it worth it to you to downgrade your GPU just for Daz? As far as I'm aware, AMD doesn't fare too much better in Blender, but it's still better than Daz. Do you have the time to invest into learning Blender? It'll take a solid month just to learn the UI. Transferring from Daz also comes with its own set of issues. Diffeomorphic (probably spelled wrong) is better than the official transferring plugin, though.

All that being said, attempt using Blender with your RX card and Daz before you go out and spend a fairly large some on another GPU. If you still feel like moving to Nvidia and using Daz after that, then start thinking about it.

EvasionYT

Jan 6, 2021
I guess the biggest question is, what do you want to accomplish? Are you making a VN? Just making a few one-offs for fun?

Even if you did go the Nvidia route, a 3060 wouldn't be the way to go. a 3070 or 3070ti would be the absolute bottom I'd recommend, unless you're able to afford two 3060s. Which is still barely worth it, imo. Even then, can you afford it? Is it worth it to you to downgrade your GPU just for Daz? As far as I'm aware, AMD doesn't fare too much better in Blender, but it's still better than Daz. Do you have the time to invest into learning Blender? It'll take a solid month just to learn the UI. Transferring from Daz also comes with its own set of issues. Diffeomorphic (probably spelled wrong) is better than the official transferring plugin, though.

All that being said, attempt using Blender with your RX card and Daz before you go out and spend a fairly large some on another GPU. If you still feel like moving to Nvidia and using Daz after that, then start thinking about it.
Wow very inspirational. In all seriousness I don't think gaming is life. I think that using our money to make more money is very valuable. So even if it sacrifices a couple frames in games I love, there is nothing more meaningful to me than learning. I will pick up a 3070, only downside I've heard is the VRAM. Surely someone here has suggestions regarding that

acusrola

May 30, 2020
Uninstall GP and reinstall it. If you didn't install it through DIM (don't remember if GP DIM support), reload the archive and see where the files are and delete them. Then reinstall fresh. Technically, you might be able to just reinstall it on top, but it might be safer to remove first.

iirc GP had some updates to it, and there are like three version of it here at the forums, so just install the oldest (G8) version, install the second on top of that, and then the latest that introduced 8.1 support.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote