3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

SaturnSky69

Aug 12, 2021
Hello sorry if this has been asked, I tried searching maybe I used the wrong terminology.
I keep getting these pixelated edges or rough edges not sure how to explain it.

Attached image around her thigh leg area
Pixel rough edge 01.jpg Pixel rough edge 02.jpg

Daz 4.15

Pixel rough edge 03.jpg

Thanks

MidnightArrow

Aug 22, 2021
Hello sorry if this has been asked, I tried searching maybe I used the wrong terminology.
I keep getting these pixelated edges or rough edges not sure how to explain it.

Attached image around her thigh leg area

Thanks
Are you compositing her onto the image? Her right foot is in a bizarre position.

You can try turning the the pixel filter radius up but the alpha channel on Iray canvases sucks so it may not do much for jaggies.

Reactions: SaturnSky69

SaturnSky69

Aug 12, 2021
Are you compositing her onto the image? Her right foot is in a bizarre position.

You can try turning the the pixel filter radius up but the alpha channel on Iray canvases sucks so it may not do much for jaggies.
Thanks for the reply, I just did a quick pose with a G8F character
ok I will increase the pixel filter radius.

Feb 22, 2021
Hi everyone

Can someone guide me where I get get Genesis2 male base figure?

I tried searching on DAZ site but I found created characters but not the base figure.

I assume you need to base figure in order to create the character? Right.

Do those character has built-in base figure so when I download the character the base figure will be installed automatically

Thank you

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Hi everyone

Can someone guide me where I get get Genesis2 male base figure?

I tried searching on DAZ site but I found created characters but not the base figure.

I assume you need to base figure in order to create the character? Right.

Do those character has built-in base figure so when I download the character the base figure will be installed automatically

Thank you
I got Genesis 2 via "Daz Install Manager" aka "DIM". It's a standalone program that you can get from Daz website, it's an external downloader/installer. The specific packages are called "Genesis 2 Start Essentials Male/Female".

It's kind of old and busted however - nowhere near as nice for posing as even G3.

I think I've mainly used it for transferring a few specific clothing items to G3/G8

Feb 22, 2021
I got Genesis 2 via "Daz Install Manager" aka "DIM". It's a standalone program that you can get from Daz website, it's an external downloader/installer. The specific packages are called "Genesis 2 Start Essentials Male/Female".

It's kind of old and busted however - nowhere near as nice for posing as even G3.

I think I've mainly used it for transferring a few specific clothing items to G3/G8
Hi and thank you for you reply,
That is the basic idea why I need. I want to use it for creating cloths for VAM.

Reactions: osanaiko

Wagdy75

Dec 26, 2021
Hi, I hope someone here can help me. First, you must know that I have no knowledge about 3d at all so far. So, I have been interested in games like University of problems, Fashion Business and sisterly lust. They all have great graphics in my opinion. So, how are these images made? The background, the objects, the characters, facial expression and body posture. Also, the camera angel. And how are scenes made? I really hope someone would give me a detailed answer.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Hi, I hope someone here can help me. First, you must know that I have no knowledge about 3d at all so far. So, I have been interested in games like University of problems, Fashion Business and sisterly lust. They all have great graphics in my opinion. So, how are these images made? The background, the objects, the characters, facial expression and body posture. Also, the camera angel. And how are scenes made? I really hope someone would give me a detailed answer.
There are 3D applications that allow to create the volume of 3D models (meshes), to add color to them (textures), to deform them (posing), to add light, to perform animations, etc. The most popular for game creation is daz studio. It is free, reasonably simple to learn and has a large library of assets, including models of human figures that can be associated with poses, expressions, etc. Another popular program is blender. It is free and open source, somehow more powerful than daz studio (as it can also be used to create new 3D models), but more difficult to master and with a smaller asset library. And there are many other commercial programs, like Maya, 3DS Max, Cinema4D, iClone, etc, that are oriented towards professional application; The software and the assets are generally very expensive.

Difficult to explain in detail how to create the images (renders) as you can see in the games. But generally, people start from an environment (and you can purchase houses, cars, landscapes, etc). They add the props that are needed for a given scene, the characters and their outfit. They make the characters interact (posing, expressions), they select the best point of view (camera, focal distance, etc) and they do the scene lighting. And finally they do the render of the scene. All this steps imply different methods and it is difficult to be more precise. If you are interested, I would suggest you to try with daz studio or blender; There are many tutorials available on the web.

Yuuki4

Jun 30, 2018
Hi!

Does anyone know how to make Genesis 8 expression-sliders/morphs work for Genesis 8.1?

I'm trying to use Donut Smiles:
https://f95zone.to/threads/donut-smile-for-g8f-and-gf8-1.106289/
It is supposed to work for Genesis 8.1, however it doesn't. It works fine for Genesis 8, but it doesn't even show up for G8.1

This is from the tutorial,
1667497586794.png

And this is hat t looks ikfo me, where it doesn't show up for G8.1, and only works for G8. I've followed he instruction for installing it, but it doesn't show up for G8.1

1667497550165.png

How do I fix that?

MidnightArrow

Aug 22, 2021
The face rigging for Gen8.1 was totally redone, so they disabled the Gen8 expressions on purpose to prevent conflicts with the new system.

I never bothered with Gen8.1 all that much, so I never needed to fix it.

Here's a thread about it:

Edit: I looked at the Renderotica page again. The Gen8.1 support looks very tacked-on. It keeps mentioning only G8F (or Victoria 7 for some reason), very rarely does it mention 8.1 support. Ignoring the expressions, do you at least see the morphs show up?

Last edited:

Yuuki4

Jun 30, 2018
The face rigging for Gen8.1 was totally redone, so they disabled the Gen8 expressions on purpose to prevent conflicts with the new system.

I never bothered with Gen8.1 all that much, so I never needed to fix it.

Here's a thread about it:

Edit: I looked at the Renderotica page again. The Gen8.1 support looks very tacked-on. It keeps mentioning only G8F (or Victoria 7 for some reason), very rarely does it mention 8.1 support. Ignoring the expressions, do you at least see the morphs show up?
Nope, no morphs or expressions show up at all for Genesis 8.1, in the way it works for Genesis 8 were everything shows up from the start as expression-sliders. That said, I accidentally found a work-around that is kinda annoying but works well enough.

If I select the G8.1 female in the Scene tab and then select any of the Donut Smile expression morphs from the library, that specific expression morph DOES show up when I select "Used" in the Paramaters tab and filter on "DSM" (no need for the filter, it's just easier to find it).

So basically if I just click on everything I think I'll need, I can get the sliders for those to work. Annoying, but that means I can actually use it on G8.1 which I couldn't yesterday, so I'll take it lol.

MidnightArrow

Aug 22, 2021
If I select the G8.1 female in the Scene tab and then select any of the Donut Smile expression morphs from the library, that specific expression morph DOES show up when I select "Used" in the Paramaters tab and filter on "DSM" (no need for the filter, it's just easier to find it).
Did you try opening the properties menu and looking at the settings? Sounds like it might be hidden.

TacoSlut

Apr 1, 2019
New to Daz 3D just did my first render with lighting. Can someone link me to a tutorial of how to add a penis onto a male Yt seems to bann this stuff.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
New to Daz 3D just did my first render with lighting. Can someone link me to a tutorial of how to add a penis onto a male Yt seems to bann this stuff.
The "daz official" genitals are called "anatomical elements" and are generally included in the Pro pack editions of the models (e. g. Michael 8 Pro / Victoria 8 Pro etc). Some of the Daz official HD "named" characters also include them.
There are also 3rd party genitals. For male parts, Dicktator is one, TAB (twig and berries) is another. These generally add options and more extreme variations. They come with readme documentation included in the archives. For female genitals there are "NGV " (new genitals for Victoria) and "Golden Palace". I think I saw a thread recently here somewhere about the preferred female genitals: the consensus was that one looks good for close up renders, but the other is easier to pose how you want for penetration scenes. Can't remember which is which though!
All of these are available for "try before you buy wink wink" download via the Asset Releases section of this site.

Reactions: TacoSlut and drowsy

drowsy

Nov 23, 2017
I'm a bit dense, so I have a complete noob question about that "try before you buy" thing:

Can you get away with not spending much/anything on models while using Daz to render images for a visual novel, using the assets made available on this site? The game, if it is eventually made, would be supported through Patreon and similar, maybe not sold directly on Steam/anywhere else (if necessary for legal reasons, which is what I'm asking). I mean, can the assets be used directly without getting into legal trouble, or, alternatively, can they be edited/morphed in such a way that they would be okay to use?

Or is it truly the case that one can effectively try out free assets but have to buy them if they are to actually be used for something public? It might be faux pas to ask so directly, sorry about that.

MidnightArrow

Aug 22, 2021
I'm a bit dense, so I have a complete noob question about that "try before you buy" thing:

Can you get away with not spending much/anything on models while using Daz to render images for a visual novel, using the assets made available on this site? The game, if it is eventually made, would be supported through Patreon and similar, maybe not sold directly on Steam/anywhere else (if necessary for legal reasons, which is what I'm asking). I mean, can the assets be used directly without getting into legal trouble, or, alternatively, can they be edited/morphed in such a way that they would be okay to use?

Or is it truly the case that one can effectively try out free assets but have to buy them if they are to actually be used for something public? It might be faux pas to ask so directly, sorry about that.
"Try before you buy" means a person wants to inspect the asset to ensure the person who made it isn't incompetent and they're not wasting money on a bad product. It has not, and never will be, legal to use since it's obtained by piracy/theft. You would need to purchase it before using it (from a legal standpoint). Daz3d have a fairly lenient refund policy, so the legal way is to "buy and then try". It's the same thing, just you put a downpayment first and get your money back if the product turns out to be shit.

acusrola

May 30, 2020

Strictly speaking - this is not legal advice and you cannot use these words as such in any way, I'm not responsible if you get into any kind of trouble, legal, physical, mental, paranormal, or otherwise.

You can't really get into trouble for not paying, since you are creating images. If you use for example Ren'py, then there really is no way to "track" them down back to you. Of course, if you use a Patreon, someone might ask you to show some receipts or some such that you actually have bought this stuff, and if you refuse you'll look mighty sus.

Making a simple VN is most likely safe, when you include money in it, in that somebody is paying you to develop a product and you pirate the stuff, you are stealing and in breach of the TOS. The fines will be hefty. But what are the odds they are actually going to manage to track you down? You don't have to provide a username to the dazstore (or renderosity, etc.)

Of course, everything I described above is grossly illegal, that is a fact. Pirating this stuff is illegal, period. But whether or not you will ever be fined or be in any trouble over it, is doubtful.

If you want to make a VN and get others to pay you for it, you should probably use that money to buy the 3D assets to support the "economy." If not for the support, then at the very least, because you shield yourself from any fallout that might occur if anyone would find out (and manage to prove) that you do not own / have not purchased the products (3D assets) seen in your product (the images in VN or some such).

Using the 3D assets in an interactive game, i.e. a character moves dynamically and responds to the player's commands (moves forward with W or whatever), will require you to purchase the interactive license. It is probably easier to track down the misuse of Genesis models, and DAZ could probably enforce you to show proof of purchasing. If you refuse or fail to show proof, they probably can ban you from Patreon (as what you are doing in this scenario is a breach of the contract).

This is all hypothetical and not advice or assistance regardless of what the thread title says.

Reactions: drowsy

drowsy

Nov 23, 2017
Thanks! Yeah I'm not planning on actually making a Daz game or anything, purely curious about how/why so many people use Daz to make games and what the process of them getting into it is like, considering they're so limited (by money, lol) in what assets can be used in the first place. I get good results from being freely experimental/iterative when creative, so I prefer platforms/applications/etc. where everything is freely available and there is no barrier of entry. People differ though.

acusrola

May 30, 2020
Thanks! Yeah I'm not planning on actually making a Daz game or anything, purely curious about how/why so many people use Daz to make games and what the process of them getting into it is like, considering they're so limited (by money, lol) in what assets can be used in the first place. I get good results from being freely experimental/iterative when creative, so I prefer platforms/applications/etc. where everything is freely available and there is no barrier of entry. People differ though.
DAZ is an interesting beast. On a quick glance it looks powerful and it certainly is, but it is also stuck to past most likely due to monetary constraints on development. Supposedly (source: rumors) there will be a new update soon(tm) DAZ 5 or something that should bring some very necessary UI and UX improvements.

The software is quite frankly terrible to use if you compare it to most other 3D software. But, there is no other software set with the amount of 3D content that is easy to *install* (using is different). Plus, it is all standardized. You have the base models G3, 8, and 9 (and the older ones), clothes, animations (terrible to use but they are there), poses, lighting, scenes, and they all pretty much work together mix and match.

Blender as a free example, does not have an asset browser (it actually does nowadays, but it is empty and in a "beta" stage) with hundreds and thousands of assets that (mostly) just work. Installing a new character look into DAZ is super easy (it also helps that I know the pipeline), and getting it into a scene is easy, posing it, etc. it's all easy. It could be a whole lot easier. But it is what it is.

So why do people use it? Because it is (mostly) easy to use. Instead of having to start from modeling, rigging, texturing, posing, and then rendering - you can instead just buy a model (model is free, it's the genesis stuff, shapes are different), put it in a scene and render. Of course, it is a completely different question on whether or not the result is a good image - but the pipeline to buying stuff and rendering an image is quite straightforward once you know it. Much easier than starting from scratch with something like Blender or Maya or 3DSMAX.

I would not be surprised at all if I learned that some of the most popular 3DX games use pirated content. It is easy to download, it is easy to use, and there is no way to detect it traditionally. You can't see if a clothing item is pirated just from a PNG as it is just an image (DAZ does embed some creator metadata (author name - your name set in the software - or something) I think into PNGs, but just "wash" it through a photo editor and it's gone).

Theoretically you could put some kinda payload onto a pirated item, like a small difference into a texture or something, which then would be noticeable (to the asset author) on a shirt or whatever - but that would require the author to set up a honey trap asset and hope that no one shares the legit one from the store. Too much work.

Reactions: drowsy
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote