3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Mengal

Sep 11, 2018
Hey guys, I'm working on a character and somehow the changes I made to her morph are now embedded into the animation timeline?

I have no clue what's going on or how to remove it, I made a little (sorry for the wack website) to show what I mean.

Help would be much appreciated!

lukin13

Apr 13, 2019
Apologies if this isn't the right forum, but has anyone ever had a CUDA Illegal Address issue with a GeForce GPU?

Mine was working fine up until yesterday, and suddenly Iray previews and renders in Daz aren't working. I tried Blender as well which is where I get the error message about "illegal address".

Tried everything with updating/removing/reinstalling drivers and even did a complete Windows reinstall, still getting the same issue. It's a new machine (only 6 months old) with an RTX 3060.

From looking on Google it seems to be an issue a lot of people have had but can't find a way to fix it, and a lot of other people have issues with the development side of GPU stuff (which as far as I know is what CUDA is mainly used for), difficult to find any information about how/why it affects basic rendering.

I've also run GPUMemTest to see if there's any problems with the card but everything looks ok.

artistx

Aug 13, 2020
I'm working on a game... I was using HS2 to do the art but I found it was too buggy and limited... I want to restart the project with DAZ3D. Does anyone know any good tutorials? especially on the adult game aspects... such as proper anatomy and things like half-removed clothes? more volumptious bodies? its a bit overwhelming and I'm not sure where to start.

jimmydiddly

Nov 5, 2017
Does anyone have any recommendations for cleavage in Daz? I know there is a cleavage morph but it doesn't push the breasts up, only together. I was wondering if there are any morphs or recommendations similar to things like push-up in koikatsu.

Aug 28, 2021
I'm working on a game... I was using HS2 to do the art but I found it was too buggy and limited... I want to restart the project with DAZ3D. Does anyone know any good tutorials? especially on the adult game aspects... such as proper anatomy and things like half-removed clothes? more volumptious bodies? its a bit overwhelming and I'm not sure where to start.
For general purposes, WpGuru, on youtube, have many good tutorials.

About half removed clothes, you could watch SickleYield video on morph creation. You need to use Blender for this.

To get bigger bodies https://f95zone.to/threads/genesis-8-male-female-body-morphs-unofficial-bundle.9169/ With only those morph you can create "any" body type.

Precox

Mar 13, 2019
What are some tips you all have for placing figures in rooms and in open areas? Is there some feature that lets you put a new figure at the spot you want?

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
What are some tips you all have for placing figures in rooms and in open areas? Is there some feature that lets you put a new figure at the spot you want?
Instead of double clicking an object, if you hold down alt key, an icon will appear to let you position the object where you want (in your field of view).

Also, for distant displacements in a large environment, I use free scripts by mcasual
  • mcjump lets you put an object at the position of another. When I work with a big scene (for instance a house with many rooms), I put a null in every room and I use this script to transport any object to the location of the null. It is so useful that I associated a hot key with the script.
(and to create the null )​
  • mcjcomehere is also very handy. You select an object in the scene tab and it is put in front of your cam.
Spending a couple of hours exploring the hundreds of scripts by mcasual can be a real time saver IMHO.

Reactions: Precox

Precox

Mar 13, 2019
Instead of double clicking an object, if you hold down alt key, an icon will appear to let you position the object where you want (in your field of view).

Also, for distant displacements in a large environment, I use free scripts by mcasual
  • mcjump lets you put an object at the position of another. When I work with a big scene (for instance a house with many rooms), I put a null in every room and I use this script to transport any object to the location of the null. It is so useful that I associated a hot key with the script.
(and to create the null )​
  • mcjcomehere is also very handy. You select an object in the scene tab and it is put in front of your cam.
Spending a couple of hours exploring the hundreds of scripts by mcasual can be a real time saver IMHO.
Wow thanks for the tip!

RA15

Sep 15, 2022
Hello everyone, i am preety new to dazstudio and i have some issues with importing my character to blender. I use the addon provided, but i get shadding errors on the mesh fron the parts that are morphs. Does anyone know a fix to that problem ? Thank you very much in advance.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Apologies if this isn't the right forum, but has anyone ever had a CUDA Illegal Address issue with a GeForce GPU?

Mine was working fine up until yesterday, and suddenly Iray previews and renders in Daz aren't working. I tried Blender as well which is where I get the error message about "illegal address".

Tried everything with updating/removing/reinstalling drivers and even did a complete Windows reinstall, still getting the same issue. It's a new machine (only 6 months old) with an RTX 3060.

From looking on Google it seems to be an issue a lot of people have had but can't find a way to fix it, and a lot of other people have issues with the development side of GPU stuff (which as far as I know is what CUDA is mainly used for), difficult to find any information about how/why it affects basic rendering.

I've also run GPUMemTest to see if there's any problems with the card but everything looks ok.
Okay. If you've played with drivers and currently have the newest one installed, what version of Daz do you have installed? Newest drivers = Newest version of Daz, usually.

So, the issue here is that it can be any number of things from your VRAM going bad (for lack of better word), to simply running out of VRAM, to overheating, or even bad drivers (a DDU + Clean Windows install might do the job.). It's really hard to say with the information you're giving. What do you mean by "not working"? Are you getting gray screen on Iray Previews and black screens on renders? Is Daz/Windows crashing? Do you have all three of the CPU fallback boxes unchecked?

Easiest way to solve this might be to try a render and upload the log file after the render doesn't happen. You can find that by going to Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File. Scroll all the way down, copy the bottom quarter or so of the log, and paste it here (preferably in a spoiler/quote so there isn't a massive list of text spamming the rest of the page.).

Feb 10, 2022
Yes a completely standard daz feature. Daz has many features like that, but no documentation, so they remain hidden or are transmitted by word of mouth.
Are you sure it's Left Alt + LMB.. ? And with which tool? Holding down Left Alt with the Universal Tool and clicking around after selecting a figure/object doesn't do anything for me - except for orbiting the scene, but I removed that keybind and it still doesn't do anything.

Edit: Ah, I seem to have misunderstood - this is for loading new figures into the scene from the Content Library, not moving ones already present in the scene.
I thought I could use this instead of having to find the small little triangle on the gizmo every time I want to move an object.
Still though, pretty good tip! Thank you.

Last edited:

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Are you sure it's Left Alt + LMB.. ? And with which tool? Holding down Left Alt with the Universal Tool and clicking around after selecting a figure/object doesn't do anything for me - except for orbiting the scene, but I removed that keybind and it still doesn't do anything.
Press and hold ALT. Then left-click and drag the object into the viewport. Translate Tool should be fine.

Reactions: 10xRecoil

DerKER

Jul 14, 2017
Hello everyone, I've been trying to Port an Ellie (from TLOU2) Model from Sfm to Blender using SourceIO for a while now, there's just a problem, the pubic hair from the model looks like this when ported, any tips or help on how to fix this?

In sfm (it should look like this)In Blender (its broken)
1638749194064.png 1663906010538.png

There's a download in sfmlab for just the pubes model if anyone wants to give it a go.

MidnightArrow

Aug 22, 2021
Yes a completely standard daz feature. Daz has many features like that, but no documentation, so they remain hidden or are transmitted by word of mouth.
Actually not true. It's buried in the instruction manual for Daz 4.6. That was from 2013. I guess it took them a little while after going freemium before they stopped giving a shit.

Hello everyone, I've been trying to Port an Ellie (from TLOU2) Model from Sfm to Blender using SourceIO for a while now, there's just a problem, the pubic hair from the model looks like this when ported, any tips or help on how to fix this?
It looks like the pubes are just a bunch of 2d planes with images on them. Have you tried looking at it in rendered mode?

DerKER

Jul 14, 2017
It looks like the pubes are just a bunch of 2d planes with images on them. Have you tried looking at it in rendered mode?
Yup, I'm thinking it might be something like the textures of this specific part corrupt when porting it to blender, which is weird since its the only part of the model to do this.
1664246784975.png

Last edited:

SvenVlad

Modder
Aug 11, 2017
Does anyone have Daz 4.16 Public Build that can upload it for me?

I've found a few on the interwebz, but none of them seem to be signed. I'm a little cautious to install them.

And I can't find it on Daz website, only the 4.20.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote