3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
You might get more accomplished by telling people what you're looking to do with the geoshell
I have Genesis 8.1 Female in the scene.
She has Futalicious.
Genesis 8.1 uses PBR material; but it has no cutout opacity.
Futalicious overlay-transparent geoshell is forced to use IRAY uber shader; because it needs cutout opacity.

PBR handles subsurface scattering differently VS IRAY uber shader. When overlaying IRAY Uber shader over PBR, it looks off, doesn't match the rest of the skin. Most people can't tell, but subconsciously they won't be as impressed with the render. It will look off to them, but they won't understand why.

If this were true, you wouldn't be using Daz. You can get some amazing results from Daz, especially if you have a comprehensive understanding of lighting (see PhillyGames, lighting is basically at a cinematic level.), but it's a poor man's Blender for those too lazy to learn it. It can do a lot of things well-to-good, but if you're after a 'very high standard' of quality, you might want to take a look at Blender or SFM.
I know how to use 3d studio max quite well, but bridging daz models to Blender or 3D studio max results in a long tedious process. It's actually faster to use DAZ Iray.

I have to save my brain power for coding. So trying to do advanced coding, then switching to advanced rendering in 3d studio max or blender would be overload.

Long story short. If PBR had cutout opacity, that would be best.

Yea, I thought about moving to Blender, but I don't think it's time efficient yet. Using a more managed environment like DAZ will let me do what I need faster, but still I'm open to the idea.

Can you export daz models to Blender, then pump out renders fast? Do you find yourself dicking around too much in Blender, or is it a smooth process for you?

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
I have Genesis 8.1 Female in the scene.
She has Futalicious.
Genesis 8.1 uses PBR material; but it has no cutout opacity.
Futalicious overlay-transparent geoshell is forced to use IRAY uber shader; because it needs cutout opacity.

PBR handles subsurface scattering differently VS IRAY uber shader. When overlaying IRAY Uber shader over PBR, it looks off, doesn't match the rest of the skin. Most people can't tell, but subconsciously they won't be as impressed with the render. It will look off to them, but they won't understand why.
You can work on something hybrid.
Note you will lost Specular Occlusion layer from PBRSkin.

Download & Install : Breast Utilities 2 for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females

Open Daz, load a model using PBRSskin.
Go to Surface pane, select everything execpt Cornea & Eye moisture.
Content Library>Shader Presets>Soto>Iray>Iray Uber Detail>Apply BU2 02 Iray Uber Detail

Turn off Glossy Layered Weight & Metallic Flakes Weight to 0.
You will have to rework a bit some layers. It's 3 min job don't bully :

DAZStudio_kmGHT9ifDt.png

You should have now UberShader with micro-tiles, full SSS options and cutout opacity from UberShader.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
If this were true, you wouldn't be using Daz. You can get some amazing results from Daz, especially if you have a comprehensive understanding of lighting (see PhillyGames, lighting is basically at a cinematic level.), but it's a poor man's Blender for those too lazy to learn it. It can do a lot of things well-to-good, but if you're after a 'very high standard' of quality, you might want to take a look at Blender or SFM.
Haha. Oh lol and it's only wednesday.
God bless PhillyGames and it's understanding of lighting (whoever it is).
I agree, for very high standart you should go full SFM tho, full stop.

• Haha
Reactions: osanaiko

MallowSpark

Nov 2, 2021
DAZ: Having trouble using some morphs I installed. I tried installing Big Breasts Morphs and Small Breasts Morphs (both by Anagord). They show up in my library, but when I double-click one of them with the character selected, I can't find any new sliders in the Parameters or Shaping tabs.

It's probably a very simple solution, but I'm stuck and I haven't been able to find an answer online. I'll appreciate any pointers. Thank you!

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
DAZ: Having trouble using some morphs I installed. I tried installing Big Breasts Morphs and Small Breasts Morphs (both by Anagord). They show up in my library, but when I double-click one of them with the character selected, I can't find any new sliders in the Parameters or Shaping tabs.

It's probably a very simple solution, but I'm stuck and I haven't been able to find an answer online. I'll appreciate any pointers. Thank you!
You must restart DS before using the morphs.
Open the zip file containing the asset and look in .../data/DAZ 3D/Genesis8/Female/Morphs/<ARTIST_NAME>/<ASSET_NAME>
There are several *.dsf file. The name of the files will indicate the name of the morphs as they will appear in the parameter tab. This way, you can filter this name in the search entry at the top of the parameter tab. You also have the same information by looking in the product "readme".
If no morph with this name appear in the parameter tab after you have restarted DS, there was a problem with your installation. Check if the files are properly present in the data directory of your "my daz3D library".

Last edited:

Lewd4D

Jun 28, 2019
Does someone know if it is possible to use Futalicious morphs on Dicktator or vice versa?

Yuuki4

Jun 30, 2018
Has anyone used "dforce-condom" and gotten that to work well?
https://f95zone.to/threads/dforce-condom.25852/

I've never used dForce before, and after simulating the condom it looks like this. I'd prefer it if the condom conformed tighter around the dick, so there aren't any of those weird gaps as if the condom is stretched super-taut. I can't find a setting where I can adjust that.

1659869794330.png 1659870145663.png

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Has anyone used "dforce-condom" and gotten that to work well?
https://f95zone.to/threads/dforce-condom.25852/

I've never used dForce before, and after simulating the condom it looks like this. I'd prefer it if the condom conformed tighter around the dick, so there aren't any of those weird gaps as if the condom is stretched super-taut. I can't find a setting where I can adjust that.

View attachment 1970256 View attachment 1970266
Did you try what they recommended in the linked thread? Which gen asset are you using? Does it look like that when you try to check in Iray Preview or render?

Yuuki4

Jun 30, 2018
Did you try what they recommended in the linked thread? Which gen asset are you using? Does it look like that when you try to check in Iray Preview or render?
Yes, I did. I'm using Dicktator genitalia.

Go to Edit -> Figure -> Add smoothing modifier. Then in the parameters pane, click on general and bump the smoothing and collision iterations sliders until it goes away. You'll want the smallest number possible to fix poke-through
I can't do this part "Edit -> Figure -> Add smoothing modifier.", because those options don't show up for me when I click Edit. I do however have the options in the parameters pane. They do fix the issue of poke-through, but not my issue where the condom doesn't conform completely around the shape of the genital.

1659878511471.png

It also helps if you choose the collision item.
That is the Dickator shell is you use that.
I just tried it and had poke through when I used it on Dicktator. I only had that because the penis had veins on it. So I did as the instructions said and increased the thickness of the condom from low to medium and it was fixed. Yes, the condom doesn't look the way I wanted it but I will survive this devastating outcome :d
I've chosen the collision item as well, I've tried both the Dictator Genitalia and the Dictator Shell. The result is the same, where the condom conforms but not completely.

1659878691161.png

This is what it looks like in the Iray-preview:
1659878880068.png
If I render that the image is just more high-res but the condom follow the same un-conformed pattern around the dick as in the preview.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Yes, I did. I'm using Dicktator genitalia.

I can't do this part "Edit -> Figure -> Add smoothing modifier.", because those options don't show up for me when I click Edit. I do however have the options in the parameters pane. They do fix the issue of poke-through, but not my issue where the condom doesn't conform completely around the shape of the genital.

View attachment 1970491

I've chosen the collision item as well, I've tried both the Dictator Genitalia and the Dictator Shell. The result is the same, where the condom conforms but not completely.

View attachment 1970503

This is what it looks like in the Iray-preview:
View attachment 1970506
If I render that the image is just more high-res but the condom follow the same un-conformed pattern around the dick as in the preview.
As a completely different way of approaching the problem, have you considered using a geoshell instead?

Just selected Dicktator, apply geoshell and then hide those portions of the shell you don't want to appear (Hide all except shaft 2 to 7). Then it's just a matter of applying a latex shader to the geoshell. If you want the roll portion of the condom just add a torus and place it under the appropriate bone of the shaft.

Advantage is that it's free and you don't have to mess around with dforce.

tkoj

Apr 7, 2022
Hello. I would to know what software is used in games like this, this, this or this. They all showcase similar "3D anime" style of characters with similar pose, animation, etc. so I was thinking they were all using the same presets? Thanks

Yuuki4

Jun 30, 2018
As a completely different way of approaching the problem, have you considered using a geoshell instead?

Just selected Dicktator, apply geoshell and then hide those portions of the shell you don't want to appear (Hide all except shaft 2 to 7). Then it's just a matter of applying a latex shader to the geoshell. If you want the roll portion of the condom just add a torus and place it under the appropriate bone of the shaft.

Advantage is that it's free and you don't have to mess around with dforce.
That's actually a really good idea!!
The issue with that tho is that I kinda like the other "perks" of the condom-asset. You get the tip thing and you get some options for the general shape like stripes or rugged dots:

1660214815538.png 1660214883866.png

I managed to play around with it and got it SOMEWHAT how I wanted but jfc dForce is killing me with it's inconsistencies and how the general work-flow is just annoying. I don't understand why the simulated object sometimes chooses to collide properly, and sometimes decides not to and just phase through stuff. I've ran the exact same simulation, without changing anything, only for it to break on the second run. I don't get it. I spent more than a while just trying to make a pretty face plastered with cum using "Cum PRO Pack". It was just painful positioning it perfectly, only to just watch it instantly explode or not go where I wanted it all :/

TL:DR I'm bad at Daz3D :D

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
Yea I noticed that too lol. How did you find it so fast, or did you "just" recognize it?
LOL, I knew it had to be Renderosity-it just looks like one of their kind of products. Searched for lace, found a similar product

Checked his store.
(I thought for sure it would be Rhiannon though )

• Red Heart
Reactions: Yuuki4
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote