3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

NyqueIgrol

Nov 1, 2018
I tried to reinstall it now, didn't help

tbh i have no idea, came probably from something else as a package that i installed
I have some HD packs. Most of the time there are multiple morphs in the packs. The HD morphs are containing only the details, and they have more morphs for the rest. Look after Catherine Head for example or Catherine Basic or something like that. Hope this helps.

jscash

Feb 16, 2020
can any one help....... when i put any object or Character on the ground it look like not realist plz help me with this

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
can any one help....... when i put any object or Character on the ground it look like not realist plz help me with this
You really are going to have to provide some additional details for someone on this forum to be able to assist.
- Post the resultant image you are getting.
- What type of lighting (eg HDRI)?
- Are you using a prop in the scene for the ground or are you just using a HDRI?
Really posting an image will answer the later 2 questions.

Incogni

Mar 19, 2020
Hello guys!
Total daz noob here as well, never worked with this kind of tool, starting now.

I do have a few questions that I hope someone can help with:

1 - Is there any link for good total beginner guides, that can help me to understand how to do basic scenes (environment + models + clothes/objects + poses + lightning + anything else that I don't know), specially how to tweak each stuff?

2 - If I create a character, putting a model, clothes, changing hair and all that, is there a way for me to "save" it so I can add it into other scenes easily?

3 - How hard is it to use different 'sources' into the same scene, like a G8 model, G3 clothes, G2 pose... They tend to bug for me, and I read somewhere that they should be easy to do. I will give some bugging examples:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4 - If I wanted, say, write a word in a shirt that I have, how hard is it? Can I do it directly from Daz or do I need a 3d editor?

5 - I changed the render settings 'dimension preset' to FullHD, but the images still don't feel so "High Definition". Is there some place who can explain how to set it up to make high quality images?

I guess this is enough questions for now :)

Thanks everyone!

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
1 - Have you worked through the built in tutorials in Daz? They will get you through most of the items you requested.

2 - You can save your character with all the adjustments, clothing, hair, etc as a Scene Subset. If you later create an environment, such as a bedroom, you can just load the scene subset of your character directly into the scene.

3 - Most assets for different generations will require modification, sometimes quite a bit. There are also readily available converters that can be helpful, although they are not always a sure thing.

4 - You could use photoshop to modify the textures of a shirt. There is also a product in the Daz store called Message Shirt Magic.

5 - Someone else willl have to jump in on this one. I haven't really bothered with HD.

Reactions: Incogni

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
3 - How hard is it to use different 'sources' into the same scene, like a G8 model, G3 clothes, G2 pose... They tend to bug for me, and I read somewhere that they should be easy to do. I will give some bugging examples:
no 1 is easily fixed by adding a smoothing modifier to the outfit (select the outfit, go to: edit: object (or figure, doesn't matter) -> geometry -> add smoothing modifier. That should fix most of the problems unless it's a really complex outfit (which it doesn't look like).
no 2 select the arm and in the parameters tab move the "bend" slider until it looks like in the wanted pose.
poses from gen2 usually don't work well on gen3 or 8, since they have a different skeleton, seems like you got lucky with that one.

5 - I changed the render settings 'dimension preset' to FullHD, but the images still don't feel so "High Definition". Is there some place who can explain how to set it up to make high quality images?
You'll have to play with the render settings like tone mapping, environment settings, filtering, etc., camera settings also play a role here (DOF for example). I can't recommend any tutorial out of the top of my head, I'm sure there are some, but stuff like that also comes with experience.

Reactions: Incogni

Incogni

Mar 19, 2020
1 - Have you worked through the built in tutorials in Daz? They will get you through most of the items you requested.
I did some of the YT channel ones, but they were pretty simple.

3 - Most assets for different generations will require modification, sometimes quite a bit. There are also readily available converters that can be helpful, although they are not always a sure thing.
Which converter are you talking about?

amster22

Nov 13, 2019

BubaJ

Jun 9, 2017
My problem is:

a) short story:
while using Paper Tiger's Precision & Revolution HDRI Lighting, my viewport is almost entirely dark (can't differ character on screen from a chair) when I'm using DrawStyle>Texture Shaded

b) long story:
That scene I'm talking about is something I was working on with different lights and camera (now I use Paper's Tiger...+ X-Ray camera) that was: no HDRI, only scene lights in environment mode, on scene only distant/spot lights. My main light was distant light, now all those old lights are set to be off (visible in render; thought I didn't deleted them completely from the scene). When I for example set distant light to be on, I can see my scene in viewport with texture shaded clearly.
When I make new scene, load my saved Paper's Tiger... rendering setting, use X-Ray camera, all is ok, I can see texture shaded normally. As for rendering (or when I use DrawStyle>NVIDIA Iray), viewport area of aspect ratio isn't black screen.

What can I do to be able to see what I have in viewport with texture shaded in my old scene while using Paper's Tiger... (so it wouldn't be black screen as in attached image)?

Here's how my viewport look like when I have no distant light on:
1.jpg

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
My problem is:

a) short story:
while using Paper Tiger's Precision & Revolution HDRI Lighting, my viewport is almost entirely dark (can't differ character on screen from a chair) when I'm using DrawStyle>Texture Shaded

b) long story:
That scene I'm talking about is something I was working on with different lights and camera (now I use Paper's Tiger...+ X-Ray camera) that was: no HDRI, only scene lights in environment mode, on scene only distant/spot lights. My main light was distant light, now all those old lights are set to be off (visible in render; thought I didn't deleted them completely from the scene). When I for example set distant light to be on, I can see my scene in viewport with texture shaded clearly.
When I make new scene, load my saved Paper's Tiger... rendering setting, use X-Ray camera, all is ok, I can see texture shaded normally. As for rendering (or when I use DrawStyle>NVIDIA Iray), viewport area of aspect ratio isn't black screen.

What can I do to be able to see what I have in viewport with texture shaded in my old scene while using Paper's Tiger... (so it wouldn't be black screen as in attached image)?

Here's how my viewport look like when I have no distant light on:
View attachment 764924
ctrl + L

Reactions: BubaJ

Feb 3, 2020
I hope this is OK here as I am sure asking at Daz3D.com will likely result in banned.

How do I turn Bullwarg into a low resource consuming pepe the frog for g8m similar to this

Edit: That is, using only free or commercially available resources. I don't know how to create new mesh or textures from scratch.

Edit2: The deviantart creator has made the obj available but I would prefer to morph dial it in g8m...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Cul

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
I hope this is OK here as I am sure asking at Daz3D.com will likely result in banned.

How do I turn Bullwarg into a low resource consuming pepe the frog for g8m similar to this

Edit: That is, using only free or commercially available resources. I don't know how to create new mesh or textures from scratch.

Edit2: The deviantart creator has made the obj available but I would prefer to morph dial it in g8m...

This is the only asset I am aware of that can reduce the number of polygons:

Feb 3, 2020
Does anyone know how Meipe's Patreon work? Do you have to become a patron to get all those new micro-contents or there is a time frame when they will be included in updates? Also it looks like Meipei sometimes packages updates into separate products so is it cheaper to become a patron than buying it on Renderotica?

Vaioretto

Feb 24, 2018
When i was trying out lightning in scene daz3d crushed and i lost all progress, is there a way to bring progress back?

Powerline75

Nov 7, 2019
When i was trying out lightning in scene daz3d crushed and i lost all progress, is there a way to bring progress back?
Unfortunately, for more of us than you'd think, no.
The only thing you can do, is to save often. Practically, every time you're going to load a prop that you feel may turn everything too complex, or too resource heavy... save before you load it. Every time you wanna run a test render in an already complicated scene setup... save before. Every time you want to run a dforce simulation, regardless how easy and lightweight it is? Save before. It's the only way you can bring back the work, close enough to where DAZ crashed.

3dbrah

Jun 20, 2020
Sometimes my renders quit rendering at about 40% of the render. Its happened 3 times. I dont render with GPU because I dont have one. Could it be that it was just too much for my CPU and it quit rendering? I as browsing internet at the same time during the render.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Sometimes my renders quit rendering at about 40% of the render. Its happened 3 times. I dont render with GPU because I dont have one. Could it be that it was just too much for my CPU and it quit rendering? I as browsing internet at the same time during the render.

Look at the log file.
(Help>troubleshooting>View log file)

Reactions: 3dbrah

Powerline75

Nov 7, 2019
I can think of a suspect. Low RAM at the moment the render quits. The fact that you browse while rendering (I assume on the same computer) means that at least some of the system RAM will be used for it. And, if you watch youtube vids at that time, then that system RAM usage will be a bit more. Now, if you have 16 Gigabytes, or more, of fast ram, then you "should" be fine, although, even on that, a single hiccup can ruin the progress and kill the render.

Reactions: 3dbrah
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote