3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

NyqueIgrol

Nov 1, 2018
I downloaded some character from here to try Dazstudio. i create another folder for downloded content, and pointed it in content manager. I unzip and try to replicate folder structure from original Library. It seems im not doing it well since im having missing files which i have to locate. Others dont have the option to do so, like eyelashes.

I think im gonna have to copy each folder from the zips inside corresponding folder in default library. ¿Am i right or im i too noob?
Well, there is a Download manager for DAZ. There are two types of compressed files. The ones looks like IM000123456-01_AndSomeName.zip those ones can be installed via the manager. You have to put the zip files in a specific folder to let the manager discover them. I am not at my PC right now, so I can not show examples, but I will maybe later this day or tomorrow. Or maybe someone else would be faster :D

Sesinho

Jan 3, 2020
Well, there is a Download manager for DAZ. There are two types of compressed files. The ones looks like IM000123456-01_AndSomeName.zip those ones can be installed via the manager. You have to put the zip files in a specific folder to let the manager discover them. I am not at my PC right now, so I can not show examples, but I will maybe later this day or tomorrow. Or maybe someone else would be faster :D
i looked into it, but couldnt find the right folder, eventually i broke stuff so i will resintall from sractch cause i have Daz folders everywhere.

SciGuy

May 8, 2018
Just installed DAZ for the 1st time. Trying the first tut - placing a dancing F and dressing her.
It SEEMS to be working (loading popups, etc) but nothing ever shows up in the window.
Is there something I need to activate or select to get things going?
I can usually figure this stuff out - not this time tho!
Plenty of puter to handle this - GTX 1660, Z390 Motherboard, 225 GB RAID SSD drive, 2X 1G HDD, Intel Core i9-9900 CPU

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Just installed DAZ for the 1st time. Trying the first tut - placing a dancing F and dressing her.
It SEEMS to be working (loading popups, etc) but nothing ever shows up in the window.
Is there something I need to activate or select to get things going?
I can usually figure this stuff out - not this time tho!
Plenty of puter to handle this - GTX 1660, Z390 Motherboard, 225 GB RAID SSD drive, 2X 1G HDD, Intel Core i9-9900 CPU
"Nothing ever shows upin the window".... in which window? the render output window?

Did you put a camera in the scene, and if so, where is it pointed?

perhaps give us a screenshot of your whole daz interface at the moment when you choose the render option.

SciGuy

May 8, 2018
Worked through the 'Adding a Figure' tutorial
Nothing changes as I progress through the steps. I'm expecting to see (at this point in the tut) an unposed, bald, G8F on a gridded work area.
All I see is solid gray.
Continuing through the tut makes no difference. I can't build a scene if I can't see anything.
Gotta be something simple!
Thanks for the help. Dealing with us noobs can be trying on the best of days!
01.png 02.png 03.png 04.png

Last edited:

NyqueIgrol

Nov 1, 2018
Worked through the 'Adding a Figure' tutorial
Nothing changes as I progress through the steps. I'm expecting to see (at this point in the tut) an unposed, bald, G8F on a gridded work area.
All I see is solid gray.
Continuing through the tut makes no difference. I can't build a scene if I can't see anything.
Gotta be something simple!
Thanks for the help. Dealing with us noobs can be trying on the best of days!
View attachment 736807 View attachment 736809 View attachment 736811 View attachment 736813
It's just a mere guessing, but it seems like you don't have a viewport at all. You can reset the layout somewhere, or open a viewport from the menu.

SciGuy

May 8, 2018
Mmmk. Sounds like I chose the wrong tutorial to start with. Will go back and learn more about the GUI. There's a LOT going on here lol ---
Thanks!

galora

Cute as a button
Donor
Oct 15, 2019
Hello, I've been looking around for ways to use hdris from google street view and found a couple tutorials, my question would be whether there are any steps one can take to make them look better (ie more 3DCGy).

I'm not hell bent on using city hdris from street view, but it would be an occasion to work more with posing chars and props in hdris, so anything that comes to your mind would be useful for my experimentations.

[edit] of course I fucking forgot the video
He manages to get a 13300x6600 image, with watermarks and all that but I like the idea

I'm working on a game and am getting used to RenPy and DAZ, my problem is that my measly GTX 970 has trouble working with more than 2 or 3 chars (still working on that) and have a specific location in mind for the intro.

NyqueIgrol

Nov 1, 2018
Hello, I've been looking around for ways to use hdris from google street view and found a couple tutorials, my question would be whether there are any steps one can take to make them look better (ie more 3DCGy).

I'm not hell bent on using city hdris from street view, but it would be an occasion to work more with posing chars and props in hdris, so anything that comes to your mind would be useful for my experimentations.

[edit] of course I fucking forgot the video
He manages to get a 13300x6600 image, with watermarks and all that but I like the idea

I'm working on a game and am getting used to RenPy and DAZ, my problem is that my measly GTX 970 has trouble working with more than 2 or 3 chars (still working on that) and have a specific location in mind for the intro.

If you want to build the environment, and use it as HDRI later, this can be also helpful:

Reactions: galora

david449

Jan 3, 2019
Hi everyone, I am new to Daz Studio and this is my first render, but i got problem here. my render has too much noises, do you guys know how to fix this?

Thank you..

david449

Jan 3, 2019
Im trying to fix this all day, but still didn't got into solution..
I hope everyone can share something on how to fix this noises-rendering.. d.jpg

NyqueIgrol

Nov 1, 2018
You can fine tune tremendous things about rendering, but the most base to know: The longer time you let your render run, the less noisy you picture will be.
SickleYield's post is a good start, but you will need to read a lot about rendering.

So, I think in your case you have to untick "Rendering Quality" under Render - Progressive render settings. And after that set render time to 0 - zero is infinite. You can cancel and resume rendering until you are happy with the picture you see.

Last edited:
Reactions: redraw

david449

Jan 3, 2019
You can fine tune tremendous things about rendering, but the most base to know: The longer time you let your render run, the less noiser you picture will be.
SickleYield's post is a good start, but you will need to read a lot about rendering.

So, I think in your case you have to untick "Rendering Quality" under Render - Progressive render settings. And after that set render time to 0 - zero is infinite. You can cancel and resume rendering until you are happy with the picture you see.
Well, i went into the same conclusion after reading the article you shared. So, for that I thank you.

I also figured out that all the rendering processes depend on Nvidia graphic card. In this case, I am using AMD, so I'll need more time to do the rendering. This picture below is the better quality than the previous, and it took 2 hours of rendering.

Im still learning to find the best setting for rendering using AMD Card. To everyone having this similar issue with me, it will be sso helpful if you share the settings you used as well as the solution to this problem. better.jpg

Powerline75

Nov 7, 2019
Well, i went into the same conclusion after reading the article you shared. So, for that I thank you.

I also figured out that all the rendering processes depend on Nvidia graphic card. In this case, I am using AMD, so I'll need more time to do the rendering. This picture below is the better quality than the previous, and it took 2 hours of rendering.

Im still learning to find the best setting for rendering using AMD Card. To everyone having this similar issue with me, it will be sso helpful if you share the settings you used as well as the solution to this problem. View attachment 746224
A couple of things to bare in mind.
1) Iray rendering only has two options for the rendering processing. Nvidia (Cuda core) GPU, or CPU. The CPU rendering WILL take long, very long hours to finish.
2) Unless your CPU is an 8-core powerhouse unit or better, I'd strongly suggest to minimize the complicated environments, to save lots of time, or consider 3Delight as an alternative. It will probably look not as visually impressive as Iray can be, but it WILL deliver good renders, and it WILL be faster than a CPU-only Iray of similar clarity.
3) Since you have an AMD card, you may want to consider investing time to learn how the cycles render engine works, the material modifications you'd need, and the lighting you'd have to use, and utilize the "DAZ to Blender" bridge to move your scene from DAZ, into Blender. That will utilize the AMD card, and speed your renders up, while maintaining the PBR quality.

david449

Jan 3, 2019
1) Iray rendering only has two options for the rendering processing. Nvidia (Cuda core) GPU, or CPU. The CPU rendering WILL take long, very long hours to finish.
2) Unless your CPU is an 8-core powerhouse unit or better, I'd strongly suggest to minimize the complicated environments, to save lots of time, or consider 3Delight as an alternative. It will probably look not as visually impressive as Iray can be, but it WILL deliver good renders, and it WILL be faster than a CPU-only Iray of similar clarity.
3) Since you have an AMD card, you may want to consider investing time to learn how the cycles render engine works, the material modifications you'd need, and the lighting you'd have to use, and utilize the "DAZ to Blender" bridge to move your scene from DAZ, into Blender. That will utilize the AMD card, and speed your renders up, while maintaining the PBR quality.
Thank you for the advise, I'll try to look and learn for these methods you mention. Perhaps, I'll come with couple of questions in later.

david449

Jan 3, 2019
It
I found a possible answer to this issue, Im trying to use 3Delight render engine with IBL Master for Daz Studio. But, again, I got some problems:

1. I followed all the instructions in IBL Master Manual, but I failed to create a good renders. failed.jpg

2. I try another setting, adding additional lights, but i can't render the environment using 3Delight. failed 2.jpg

3. I can't follow the settings as it is in IBL manual..
1.jpg

as you can see, at light tab, there are many options like, intensity multiplier, color, etc.
Meanwhile, I only just have intensity option.
2.jpg

If you guys know how to fix this please let me know.. I need to know how to render environment using 3Delight engine.

Thank you all.

Powerline75

Nov 7, 2019
It

I found a possible answer to this issue, Im trying to use 3Delight render engine with IBL Master for Daz Studio. But, again, I got some problems:

1. I followed all the instructions in IBL Master Manual, but I failed to create a good renders. View attachment 746563

2. I try another setting, adding additional lights, but i can't render the environment using 3Delight. View attachment 746596

3. I can't follow the settings as it is in IBL manual..
View attachment 747512

as you can see, at light tab, there are many options like, intensity multiplier, color, etc.
Meanwhile, I only just have intensity option.
View attachment 747519

If you guys know how to fix this please let me know.. I need to know how to render environment using 3Delight engine.

Thank you all.
The lights you mention in the screenshots are Iray optimized lights. They may, or may not, work well with 3Delight, if at all. You'd need 3Delight optimized lights, as well as the 3Delight specific materials for character, clothes, environment etcetera. Trying to use shaders for 3Delight, with Iray optimized lights and environmental settings, will probably not work at all, or, if it does, it will deliver bad results.
What you can do, now... in DAZ, there are some uber lights, that you can use, or you can create lights from the suite, after you have set your objects and figures in the scene with 3Delight shaders. Alternatively, you can grab one of the various 3Delight including scenery bundles, from DM, or some of the Stonemason's pre-Iray bundles, to spare yourself with the headache of preparing a scene lighting.
I know it's not the by-the-hand answer you'd want. If we'd be talking about Poser's firefly engine (the engine Poser used, before GPU based rendering became a thing), I'd have tons of tips and walkthroughs to offer, but, I only moved from Poser to DAZ, when Iray was introduced.

CherryPopKelo

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2020
In blander I followed a few tutorials for basic character meshs, Even after I got a few good models going I struggled to add boobs and ass without the mesh looking like a lumpy potato.

Does anyone have a plain female mesh that would be easy to morph into many models? My game uses body all body types from skinny to curvy and boob size verys.

The simpler the better.

Powerline75

Nov 7, 2019
In blander I followed a few tutorials for basic character meshs, Even after I got a few good models going I struggled to add boobs and ass without the mesh looking like a lumpy potato.

Does anyone have a plain female mesh that would be easy to morph into many models? My game uses body all body types from skinny to curvy and boob size verys.

The simpler the better.
Just a question, since you mentioned "game". Are you lowering the figure polygon count, and THEN try to edit the shape, in-game? If that's the case, you should consider to first work on a high polygon model, on blender, or maya, or whatever software you're most comfortable with, and then lower poly-count, otherwise the low polygons won't be enough for a smooth geometry. And, if the details are subtle enough, you can bake normal maps from the high geometry, and use them to add that extra bit of detail.
Apart from that, the base DAZ figures, from Victoria 3 and onward would be a decent mannequin to work with. And, if you do the morphing within DAZ, or Poser, you'll have the geometry pre-made for exactly what you'd want, from said character archetype. Rigging may be an issue, depending on the engine you are using, and, that's beyond my league I'm afraid.

galora

Cute as a button
Donor
Oct 15, 2019
Anyone have any clue how to fix this

I checked the settings and can't seem to make this work.
Using DAZ iray rendering, 2000 iterations but for all my efforts I can't seem to fix the hair.

This is the iray drawstyle preview I get.
1595945371950.png
and here the actual render 1595945038442.png

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote