3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Opal Games

Mar 25, 2020
Getting clothes to work with relatively "extreme" bends is very difficult in daz, even with dforce. The morphs etc that come with clothes rarely include stuff like "hike the skirt up to the waist, held bunched up in hands and squat down"

If you can choose camera angle well, and use a bit of Mesh Grabber to move the skirt parts around if there is visible clipping, you might be able to get away with a decent render without going to too much effort.

However, if you just can't get it to look how you want, your best chance to succeed may be thus:

1. export the figure in the desired pose,

2. and then separately export the clothing item already in place on the figure. (Export to OBJ file.)

3. Then import both objects ONE AT A TIME into blender into a scene (else they will be combined into one object.)

4. Then (insert 80's movie training montage) learn enough about blender to move the skirt vertexes into the approximate positions you want, but with some separation from the figure's legs. Getting "realistic" bunches and folds will be time consuming, but time and persistence pays off.

Note that even if you have to make the modified shape very "zig zag" in blender due to low number of faces, you can apply sub-d in daz AFTER applying the morph, and it will smooth out the sharp fold edges.

5. Once you have it in mostly the correct place, export JUST the skirt object from blender to OBJ again.

!!! NOTE YOU CANNOT ADD OR REMOVE (OR MERGE) vertexes in blender, because then Daz will not recognise it as the same object when you bring it back. !!!

6. You should be able to apply the new modified mesh as a morph on the original skirt. Use the "Morph Loader Pro" which is already built into Daz.

7. Finally, you can use dforce on the morphed skirt to get it to sit more naturally.

8. If you find there is not enough "geometry" (faces) in the skirt to get the shape/folds you want, you might be able to apply subD modifier to the the clothing item first in Daz before the export. I'm not sure it works properly with morph loader however.
Many thanks for the detailed reply! Looks like I'm adding more to my list of 'to learn' :) Thanks again for your time

Reactions: osanaiko

RatPitGames

Game Developer
Jul 19, 2019
Maybe it is stupid question, but how to make spanking marks in daz 3d? Maybe someone can share textures ( or whatever i need for this)

hencuka

Jul 16, 2019
Can anyone help me with this problem?
I used Teen Raven 8 HD as base with Dani for Teen Raven 8 head morph and materials (skin and makeup).
Then added golden palace gens, shell and material copy and this is the result:
02.JPG
It looks like the gens dont have the correct skin, but the Base color picture and UV maps are correct.
Any suggestion?

EDIT: Nevermind, the lipstick shell visibility was turned on for the whole body. :rolleyes:

Black Ram oss

Black Ram
Game Developer
May 10, 2018
hi i am currently converting a g3 model to g8, the result is coming along well, but the nipple is off-center. is there a way to central (easily)?
Annotazione 2020-06-12 174629.png

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
Hi, I guess this has been answered before, but I cannot find it, so here I go:

I have this problem in one of my models. For some reason, the material of "New Genitalia for Victoria 8" doesn't copy the skin material properly. It only happens with this particular figure. Any idea about how to solve it? I would rather prefer to don't change the skin material.

View attachment 677768
Thats a issue in the surface tab when the skin applies something that goes over the preset limits or it is that thin walled is active. If it is thin walled you can turn it off and the problem is solved, if not you either deactivate all limits of the gens in the surface tab or you try everything one by one.

Honey Tales

Donor
Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
Thats a issue in the surface tab when the skin applies something that goes over the preset limits or it is that thin walled is active. If it is thin walled you can turn it off and the problem is solved, if not you either deactivate all limits of the gens in the surface tab or you try everything one by one.
I'll give it a try. Thanks!

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
I'm trying to model a women squatting down to pee while wearing clothing, but am having a nightmare with getting the clothes to fit. I have assets that include clothing morphs for the position of the clothing I want to be in, but as soon as I move the figure of the women into the pose, it all goes wrong. I'm trying to play around with dforce clothing to see if that works, but I'm not having much luck there either. Anyone have any ideas?
This probably doesn't work very often, but I actually on occasion have had success with an easier time to adjust clothes by just taking off the clothes before a weird pose and putting them on again after the pose is done rather than having the clothes on first then posing with them still on, etc.

Reactions: Opal Games

CONEBONE69

Dec 23, 2019
yesterday i was doing a character in daz3d, fit some clothes and then saved it,today i opened it and this hapenned
Captura de pantalla (17).png
can anyone help me?

CONEBONE69

Dec 23, 2019
( )
did you use a g2 suit with a g3 or g8 character?
No, i everything i used was G8

3dbrah

Jun 20, 2020
daz.png

I am new to Daz Studio and 3d stuff in general. I have managed to install some assets as you can see. I also have used the vagina stuff from golden palace. I have however no idea how to make the assets interact with each other to make an awesome dildo sex animation.

I can however make the model be animated without the dildo. Can someone help me making this sex animation a reality thanks!

lancelotdulak

Nov 7, 2018
I am new to Daz Studio and 3d stuff in general. I have managed to install some assets as you can see. I also have used the vagina stuff from golden palace. I have however no idea how to make the assets interact with each other to make an awesome dildo sex animation.

I can however make the model be animated without the dildo. Can someone help me making this sex animation a reality thanks!
Um... that's what DAZ is for.. You can download poses and animations. But Click on a model in the SCENE tab.. on the right (probably) below that you should see the posing tab. Explore that. You pick up posing in daz pretty quick. Er though.. ive been doing it a lot for about 2 years now..... IF 3d were simple or quick they wouldnt pay 3d artists 6 figures to work at the studios.

3dbrah

Jun 20, 2020
You can download poses and animations. But Click on a model in the SCENE tab.. on the right (probably) below that you should see the posing tab.
Okay, I understand. To clear up all misunderstandings. If I want a dildo to penetrate a golden palace vagina on my character,

- I put the dildo and the character in the scene
- select an animation that I have installed
- go into posing tab, play with the sliders to open the vagina
- make the dildo go in with the animation
- do the necessary keyframes

then I have a dildo sex animation ready?

I mean, this is the most efficient way to go about it (do it manually), there is no magic button to click to have the golden palace vagina accomodate the dildo shape so there are no weird looking clippings in the animation?

Opal Games

Mar 25, 2020
This probably doesn't work very often, but I actually on occasion have had success with an easier time to adjust clothes by just taking off the clothes before a weird pose and putting them on again after the pose is done rather than having the clothes on first then posing with them still on, etc.
I've not had much luck trying this method before, but will give it another go :)

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Okay, I understand. To clear up all misunderstandings. If I want a dildo to penetrate a golden palace vagina on my character,

- I put the dildo and the character in the scene
- select an animation that I have installed
- go into posing tab, play with the sliders to open the vagina
- make the dildo go in with the animation
- do the necessary keyframes

then I have a dildo sex animation ready?

I mean, this is the most efficient way to go about it (do it manually), there is no magic button to click to have the golden palace vagina accomodate the dildo shape so there are no weird looking clippings in the animation?
If you are asking if there is some sort of "inter-object collision" that would cause the vagina geometry to morph to accommodate the dildo, then the answer is sadly no. Any sort of soft body collision needs to be manually created using existing morphs sliders or something like mesh grabber (or even d-formers if you are a masochist).

I don't know if mesh grabber results can be animated directly, but you might be able to save a series of "mesh grabbed body" geometry as obj files and then reload them via Morph Loader Pro, so you then get sliders to play with in the animation frames...

D-former's *are* animate-able, as the various parameters can be changed and interpolated over the course of the frames. They are just hard to use to get the sort of effects you likely want.

Reactions: 3dbrah

deanec64

Jul 27, 2019
I've been trying to do renders that will be useful for my game and possibly an Adult Graphics novel using OpenGL intermediate render since thats the only 1 really that takes shortest time to see what its going to look like. I'd like to know if I can get better then what I have in this render. OR conversely can I Post Process the result to look more like the 2nd picture (from Terrible Textures for Weak Computers for skyrim, closest example) ready for sex.png

1593089961389.png

Last edited:

NyqueIgrol

Nov 1, 2018
Hello forumers!

I know it's not strictly fits in this thread, please suggest some other threads if there's any!
So, I would like to transfer my Futalicious and Roasty models ( https://f95zone.to/threads/g8f-futalicious-and-roasty-bundle.19022/ )into Unreal Engine 4, and I was able to do... "something"... it appears, I can move around with my character, but the Futalicious and Roasty morphs (blendshapes? is it called that way in UE4?) are not transferring. I have tried with Futalicious only too, yet no success. The other morphs of the character (for example visemes, breast control, monster ears) are working fine, but not Futalicious.

Do you know how to transfer Futalicious G8F chars with morphs from DAZ to UE4?

I am using UE4 build 4.25.1, I have DAZ to Unreal plugin ( ), I have DAZ to Maya plugin ( ) (but I am not so familiar with Maya), and I have used simply exporting FBX from Daz earlier...

Can you please point me a right direction?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote