3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

KazuhiraP

Sep 2, 2020
20200902191302.png
i started using Daz yesterday,and i used the futalicious for G8F,but it turns out like this.
a black area on the crotch,i reinstalled Daz and the futalicious and G8f essentials couple of times,but didn’t work.
i followed the hints,so the steps should be correct..how to solve this plz?

KissKissStudio

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2016
Hello i am trying to add clothes to my body but it add cubes and give me error that they dont find item needed. PLS HELP

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Hello i am trying to add clothes to my body but it add cubes and give me error that they dont find item needed. PLS HELP
The clothing asset you are attempting to use is not correct installed within your 'My Daz3D Library'. Whilst you are able to located the duf file for the asset from within Daz (people\genesis 8 female\clothing), you do not have the additional information to correctly display the item.

Clothing assets have files located in 3 locations within your Daz Library:
- People \ Genesis 8 Female \ Clothing \ 'Asset Name'
- Data \ 'Asset Creator' \ 'Asset Name'
- Runtime \ Textures \ 'Asset Creator' \ 'Asset Name'

You need to reinstall the asset and ensure that all 3 portions of the asset as above are installed correctly in your Library.

BillyGames

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2020
What's the best software/resampling method to downscale an image from 4k to 1080p to reduce noise and maintain quality?

acusrola

May 30, 2020
Two questions, what is the in a nutshell difference between a morph and a character? From what I have understood morphs can be applied to any character of the same family. A character is a model whose mesh has been specifically created. Does this then mean that some shaping options are disabled for a specific model?

Or am I doing it wrong, and I should find which character belongs to which family. Then load the base model for example G8, and apply morphs that are specific for the character?

I'm a bit confused because I loaded a character from the library and then noticed that the shaping area only had sliders for characters that I had installed. If someone can ELI5 this for me, I would appreciate it.

acusrola

May 30, 2020
What's the best software/resampling method to downscale an image from 4k to 1080p to reduce noise and maintain quality?
I haven't tested this software yet (https://f95zone.to/threads/nvidia-ai-denoiser-2-4.35677/) but you might find it useful for denoising, if you're downscaling for noise improvement in picture. If you're downscaling for space saving, I would use GIMP and Cubic filter.

Edit: how bout I add a link to the software?

Reactions: BillyGames

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
I would recommend FastStone if all you want to do is to reduce the image size. Free, fast and easy to use.

Two questions, what is the in a nutshell difference between a morph and a character? From what I have understood morphs can be applied to any character of the same family. A character is a model whose mesh has been specifically created. Does this then mean that some shaping options are disabled for a specific model?

Or am I doing it wrong, and I should find which character belongs to which family. Then load the base model for example G8, and apply morphs that are specific for the character?

I'm a bit confused because I loaded a character from the library and then noticed that the shaping area only had sliders for characters that I had installed. If someone can ELI5 this for me, I would appreciate it.
A character is really just a combination of a morph and a set of textures. As such if you have a G8F character it makes no difference if you load the character first, or load the G8F figure and then apply the morph and the skin. Note that the character morph can be applied through a range (100% = character / 0% = base G8F figure).

The fastest way to create a unique character is to blend a couple of characters together. Some nice alternatives can be achieved by adding say 60% of character A and 40% of character B. In addition to having a bit of a range of characters to blend from, you should also get the standard G8F body and head morphs.

Reactions: acusrola

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
'm a bit confused because I loaded a character from the library and then noticed that the shaping area only had sliders for characters that I had installed. If someone can ELI5 this for me, I would appreciate it.
A base character family (genesis 8F, for instance) defines a skeleton (bones) and a set of control points (morphs) to define the precise shape of a char.
You can define a new char, by setting this morphs to some value with the sliders to define nose length, eye shape, glute size, etc.

But you are somehow limited in what you can do with these basic morphs. For instance if you want a very large glute, or a flater nose, etc, you may not have the adapted morphs (or the present morphs do not give a satisfactory result).

Hence, is is possible to define new morphs (sliders) to achieve what you want, and this is what do new chars (olympia 8, charlotte 8, etc).

It is important to note that once these new morphs are defined, and the char loaded in daz, they can be used to reshape any char. Hence if, for instance, you have charlotte 8 in daz, the charlotte 8 extra morphs will appear in the shape or parameter tab for all char (at 0% if you do not load charlotte or a char based on her).

This is somehow a good thing, as it allows a finer tuning of char shapes.
But it tend to bloat DS memory and whenever any char is loaded, these morphs are added to it. If you have a large number of chars with new morphs (say 20), you will notice a *very significant* slowdown in the loading of all chars. So double think before downloading tons of chars or morph assets.

Reactions: acusrola

acusrola

May 30, 2020
A character is really just a combination of a morph and a set of textures. As such if you have a G8F character it makes no difference if you load the character first, or load the G8F figure and then apply the morph and the skin. Note that the character morph can be applied through a range (100% = character / 0% = base G8F figure).

The fastest way to create a unique character is to blend a couple of characters together. Some nice alternatives can be achieved by adding say 60% of character A and 40% of character B. In addition to having a bit of a range of characters to blend from, you should also get the standard G8F body and head morphs.

A base character family (genesis 8F, for instance) defines a skeleton (bones) and a set of control points (morphs) to define the precise shape of a char.
You can define a new char, by setting this morphs to some value with the sliders to define nose length, eye shape, glute size, etc.

But you are somehow limited in what you can do with these basic morphs. For instance if you want a very large glute, or a flater nose, etc, you may not have the adapted morphs (or the present morphs do not give a satisfactory result).

Hence, is is possible to define new morphs (sliders) to achieve what you want, and this is what do new chars (olympia 8, charlotte 8, etc).

It is important to note that once these new morphs are defined, and the char loaded in daz, they can be used to reshape any char. Hence if, for instance, you have charlotte 8 in daz, the charlotte 8 extra morphs will appear in the shape or parameter tab for all char (at 0% if you do not load charlotte or a char based on her).

This is somehow a good thing, as it allows a finer tuning of char shapes.
But it tend to bloat DS memory and whenever any char is loaded, these morphs are added to it. If you have a large number of chars with new morphs (say 20), you will notice a *very significant* slowdown in the loading of all chars. So double think before downloading tons of chars or morph assets.
That makes sense, thank you.

Just to make sure that I've understood this right; the difference then between, say this character (correct?) (https://f95zone.to/threads/nr-android-47-for-g3f.24300/) and G3F is that, G3F is the "base" which is the skeleton and control points, UV maps, etc. And then the character(?) I linked (for example) is actually a set of materials (for the skin, SSS, eyes, etc.) and shape data to modify the G3F base shape into the character's shape?

But then there are other files such as Victoria 8 (https://f95zone.to/threads/victoria-8-pro-bundle-g8f.6043/) which is a requirement for certain characters. But V8 also requires G8?
Is G8F, in this case, the base, over which V8 morphs are loaded over (or can be used over); and then a character, which has V8 as a requirement, uses sliders (or morphs) from G8 and V8 in addition to adding one or two very specific morphs to create the character?

Is it safe to say as a rule of thumb that something like *character* 4/5/6/7/8 adds many morphs whilst a character only adds (usually) two, face and body morphs?

I think my confusion stems from the fact that I loaded a character, which however, did not have the rest of the body and face morphs associated with the base body model which was a requirement for the character in question. Maybe I got confused with the base...

Ghuman

Sep 2, 2020
Hello, people, could you guys give me a hand? I am using diffeomorphic to import characters from Daz3D to Blender. The problem is, everytime I try to import Morphs I receive this error here:
InkedERROR.png

And it ends importing just 1 or 2 shapekeys (generally eyebrow related). Besides this everything looks fine. But importing face units would really help. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Just to make sure that I've understood this right; the difference then between, say this character (correct?) (https://f95zone.to/threads/nr-android-47-for-g3f.24300/) and G3F is that, G3F is the "base" which is the skeleton and control points, UV maps, etc. And then the character(?) I linked (for example) is actually a set of materials (for the skin, SSS, eyes, etc.) and shape data to modify the G3F base shape into the character's shape?
The G3F / G8F is a skeletal structure (bones), with an associated mesh over the top and textures for that mesh. A character typically contains a morph to tweak the mesh and alternative textures.

But then there are other files such as Victoria 8 (https://f95zone.to/threads/victoria-8-pro-bundle-g8f.6043/) which is a requirement for certain characters. But V8 also requires G8?
Is G8F, in this case, the base, over which V8 morphs are loaded over (or can be used over); and then a character, which has V8 as a requirement, uses sliders (or morphs) from G8 and V8 in addition to adding one or two very specific morphs to create the character?
Not sure about this, however I believe that Victoria 8 provides an alternative base model. The V8 model is actually very tall, hence I suspect that the bone geometry has been changed slightly. When applying a character it is important to have the associated base model. Without the correct base model the starting point for the morph is different and as such you will end up with a different final shape.

Is it safe to say as a rule of thumb that something like *character* 4/5/6/7/8 adds many morphs whilst a character only adds (usually) two, face and body morphs?
A character should contain the morph from the base character to final shape of the figure. A character morph is really a group of morphs to all parts of the figure to get the desired result. The other morphs I listed above focus on changes to certain body parts. Also as mentioned above, you can blend morphs from multiple characters, to get the desired effect. Hence like a base model, but you want it to look a little older, then mix in a older character and perhaps ass a portion of their associated HD morph.

PS: If you haven't already checked out the tutorials I have created, they may be of benefit. There is a link in my sig.

Powerline75

Nov 7, 2019
That makes sense, thank you.

Yes, as a base of things. Since G3f and G3M, there are UV variations for each "character" archetype. G3F has a set of UV coordinates, V7 has a slightly different one, Olympia 7 has her own variant, and so on. Still, they ALL require the G3F base to be already installed into your runtime/library, for each of them to properly load. Characters made for each of the character archetypes, require both the G3F base AND the character archetype, for their morphing to show properly.

Everything that applies above, for G3F and character archetypes, is exactly the same for G8F and her character archetypes, for morphing bases, and UV variants, etcetera. You can't have Victoria 8, if you don't have Genesis 8 Female in your library beforehand, it will simply not load without the model/rigging base to derive from.

That is a tricky one, and there's no direct and perfect answer to it. The reason for that, is that, characters may rely on G3f dialed morphs, combined with V8, or Stephanie 8, or whatever other character archetype's dialed morphs, or a combination of a couple, or more, character archetype morphes dialed in in various percentages, or, more often than you'd think, in custom, sculpted onto the mesh, morphs (think ZBrush, or 3DsMax, or Maya, or Blender sculpting brushes here), combined with dialed morphs. There's a way to tell when a character has only dialed morphs, or a combination of dialed and sculpted morphs with a small experiment. If you load the base mesh (G3F, or G8F, or even G2F or Genesis, for this matter), and then the character, you will see the final result as the creator intended.
However, if the morphs are sculpted in, and not just dialed in, if you load the base figure, and then an archetype, for example G8F and then Victoria 8, and THEN the character, then you'll get a completely different body and head structure. Sometimes subtle, and more appealling, sometimes outright weird, or even ugly a.f., depending on how drastic the custom sculpting was.
On only dialed characters, pre-dialed archetypes would often be nulled down, during the loading process

Styxed

Aug 25, 2020
Hello,
i just started a bit with daz and I want to create my own environment does somebody know which software can help with it and is easy to use and maybe free I want do something like that:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
just a bit smother not so rough and with sandstone and some plants maybe around

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Hello,
i just started a bit with daz and I want to create my own environment does somebody know which software can help with it and is easy to use and maybe free I want do something like that:
just a bit smother not so rough and with sandstone and some plants maybe around
Creating a custom environment is more challenging that it would initially seem. To do this you are really starting to delve into the territory that the asset creators work in. This requires both a good knowledge of 3D meshes and texture creation / manipulation. If you are somewhat flexible about the final result you can get something relatively close using existing Daz assets.

From Scratch (Difficultly - hard):
- You will need a 3D mesh editor with Blender being a good option.
- Image editor to tweak the surface textures to react the way you need them to.
Massive learning curve that will require expansion of skills well beyond Daz3D.

Using Existing Assets (Difficulty - Moderate):
To create something similar to the above, you need to blend a few Daz assets. You need to have a source that has relatively similar geometry that uses tiled meshes (Surfaces can be re-meshed, however requires use of something like Blender). Also you need access to seamless texture maps to get the look you require.

Geometry:
If you were looking for more of a landscape rather than a cave I would recommend Terradome. Even Terradome is not a particularly good solution by itself, as the contained textures aren't particularly good. There are a few other assets for Daz that have cave settings that may be suitable. You can tweak these cave assets via the use of d-formers, however this has limitations.

Textures:
You will require seamless texture maps in order to the cover the resultant geometry mesh. The quality of these varies greatly from one artist to another. Stonemason generally has the highest quality texture maps within his assets, however you may not find something within his assets that matches your requirements. This is more of a trial an error than anything else.

Water Surface:
This is actually one of the easiest items to resolve, as it can be done using a plane primitive and the updating of the surface for this primitive. Just find an asset with surface settings similar to what you require. The waterfall is more challenging and you need to find a suitable asset to borrow from. Jolab or SickleYield are likely your best sources.

To achieve the result it is going to take a large amount of trial and error and sampling a number of Daz assets. Additionally, even if you get the perfect environment, you need to light the scene correctly to get the desired result in the image created. This work is fairly advanced Daz and don't be surprised if you earlier attempts are less than successful.

Styxed

Aug 25, 2020
Creating a custom environment is more challenging that it would initially seem. To do this you are really starting to delve into the territory that the asset creators work in. This requires both a good knowledge of 3D meshes and texture creation / manipulation. If you are somewhat flexible about the final result you can get something relatively close using existing Daz assets.

From Scratch (Difficultly - hard):
- You will need a 3D mesh editor with Blender being a good option.
- Image editor to tweak the surface textures to react the way you need them to.
Massive learning curve that will require expansion of skills well beyond Daz3D.

Using Existing Assets (Difficulty - Moderate):
To create something similar to the above, you need to blend a few Daz assets. You need to have a source that has relatively similar geometry that uses tiled meshes (Surfaces can be re-meshed, however requires use of something like Blender). Also you need access to seamless texture maps to get the look you require.

Geometry:
If you were looking for more of a landscape rather than a cave I would recommend Terradome. Even Terradome is not a particularly good solution by itself, as the contained textures aren't particularly good. There are a few other assets for Daz that have cave settings that may be suitable. You can tweak these cave assets via the use of d-formers, however this has limitations.

Textures:
You will require seamless texture maps in order to the cover the resultant geometry mesh. The quality of these varies greatly from one artist to another. Stonemason generally has the highest quality texture maps within his assets, however you may not find something within his assets that matches your requirements. This is more of a trial an error than anything else.

Water Surface:
This is actually one of the easiest items to resolve, as it can be done using a plane primitive and the updating of the surface for this primitive. Just find an asset with surface settings similar to what you require. The waterfall is more challenging and you need to find a suitable asset to borrow from. Jolab or SickleYield are likely your best sources.

To achieve the result it is going to take a large amount of trial and error and sampling a number of Daz assets. Additionally, even if you get the perfect environment, you need to light the scene correctly to get the desired result in the image created. This work is fairly advanced Daz and don't be surprised if you earlier attempts are less than successful.
Thanks then I guess the best way is to search for assets i thought maybe there is a tool that can help with it, i thought I could do just a dome pull bit on it to get some shapes into the cave and then add some sandstone texture to it and of course the water and so but i guess it's not that easy ty

VincentBlack

Aug 11, 2018
Clean install of Daz on the win10 laptop and first attempt at the install of MM pops the same error, this is a bloody joke, anyway, gonna try the regedit stuff now see if that works.

Update: regedit let the program install, que airpunching and yelling, now to hit the serial key in and move the fucker to my main PC, lets hope it works

Final update: It bloody worked, no__name , you're a fucking genius.

I'm considering posting the files mentioned to the asset release page so others don't have this problem in the future.
Hi, I followed your instructions and used the files you posted on the measure metrics thread (https://f95zone.to/threads/measure-metrics-for-daz-studio.6465/page-2) but neither was I asked for the serial number nor does MM show up on any of my menus (Create, Windows, etc.). The weird part is my DAZ install 4.12 is on the default location of the C Drive. Only my Library is elsewhere (G: Drive). So when I use the 64bit installer it didn't give me an option to change the directory but it installed to the same locations as your manual installation.

So manual or 64bit installer both seem to be working as I validated the files are in the right locations. But it is invisible in Daz other than a broken short cut under Lost and Found and I did find a link to Install under products, but when I right click to install nothing happens.

Is there are another step to get the serial number inputted?

Details
Windows 10 64bit
Daz 4.12.1.118
Install path: C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4

Files confirmed:
C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\dzmeasuremetrics.dll
C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\docs\Plugins\MeasureMetrics\MeasureMetrics.dsx
C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\docs\Plugins\MeasureMetrics\MeasureMetricsInlineHelp.dsx

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
Hi, I followed your instructions and used the files you posted on the measure metrics thread (https://f95zone.to/threads/measure-metrics-for-daz-studio.6465/page-2) but neither was I asked for the serial number nor does MM show up on any of my menus (Create, Windows, etc.). The weird part is my DAZ install 4.12 is on the default location of the C Drive. Only my Library is elsewhere (G: Drive). So when I use the 64bit installer it didn't give me an option to change the directory but it installed to the same locations as your manual installation.

So manual or 64bit installer both seem to be working as I validated the files are in the right locations. But it is invisible in Daz other than a broken short cut under Lost and Found and I did find a link to Install under products, but when I right click to install nothing happens.

Is there are another step to get the serial number inputted?

Details
Windows 10 64bit
Daz 4.12.1.118
Install path: C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4

Files confirmed:
C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\dzmeasuremetrics.dll
C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\docs\Plugins\MeasureMetrics\MeasureMetrics.dsx
C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\docs\Plugins\MeasureMetrics\MeasureMetricsInlineHelp.dsx
Interesting, you say that the plugin doesn't show up at all in daz, have you checked the plugin list where you'd need to put in the serial number?

VincentBlack

Aug 11, 2018
Interesting, you say that the plugin doesn't show up at all in daz, have you checked the plugin list where you'd need to put in the serial number?
That's what I needed. I never had to put a serial number in before and had no clue there was a Plugin List under Help. Thanks! (y)

Reactions: Volta

Styxed

Aug 25, 2020
Does somebody know why this happens with this render in Daz:
Basic Genesis 8
for skin i used Skinbuilder 8
and for gen Goldenpalace 2

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote