3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Mord87

Game Developer
Jun 3, 2019
I hope somebody can help me to fix this problem. I moved Genesis3Female character from Daz to Unreal. It is worked perfectly with all the animations. Then I made a new Genesis3Female character with Futaliciousv3 and with the animations, the head of the penis stay in the same place but the shaft working with the animation fine. The skin texture is also stay in the same place. Does anybody know how to fix this?
Thank You.
Screenshot 2020-09-14 134505.jpg

Fateful

Aug 3, 2017
Does somebody know why this happens with this render in Daz
Looks like the UV map is incorrect. Alternatively if this is the first time it's done this while working before, it's possible you're having the same issue I was earlier, and you need to default your render settings.

Vaioretto

Feb 24, 2018
Hello! When i add spotlight to scene i have no light from it, even if i change Lumen to over 1mil. What could be the problem?

Baka_Energy_studios

Formerly 'Baka plays'
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2017
Hello! When i add spotlight to scene i have no light from it, even if i change Lumen to over 1mil. What could be the problem?
AFAIK if you´re using a HDRI spotlights don´t work but primitives set to 0.0001 opacity or a Ghost Light will do the trick.

villlana

Nov 8, 2019
AFAIK if you´re using a HDRI spotlights don´t work but primitives set to 0.0001 opacity or a Ghost Light will do the trick.
DAZ 3d will not render regular lights if you have "Sun Sky Only" or "Scene Only" turned on under Render->Environment->Environment Mode.

Reactions: Fateful

Fateful

Aug 3, 2017
Edit: Villana beat me to it. :LOL:

I think you may be mistaken, it's only if you have the environment mode switched to exclude scene.
Otherwise the result should be this:
Spotlight.JPG

It's possible you may be having this error too, check that your Environment Mode in 'Render Settings' includes Scene.

Reactions: Vaioretto

Baka_Energy_studios

Formerly 'Baka plays'
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2017
Edit: Villana beat me to it. :LOL:

I think you may be mistaken, it's only if you have the environment mode switched to exclude scene.
Otherwise the result should be this:
View attachment 818391

It's possible you may be having this error too, check that your Environment Mode in 'Render Settings' includes Scene.
I never bothered with the environment mode but that´s good to know.

VincentBlack

Aug 11, 2018
While trying to diagnose my slow figure load times for Genesis 8 figures, I found something I wasn't expecting. I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

PROBLEM
  • Genesis 8 Males load faster
  • Genesis 8 Females take forever, DAZ becomes unresponsive. A several minutes the figure eventually loads.
  • From my research my assumption was that I had some broken morphs that was causing the slowdown.

DAZ version: 4.12.1.118 Pro Edition 64bit
Windows 10 64bit

ACTIONS TAKEN
  1. I loaded a Genesis 8 Female and then immediately opened Help > Troubleshooting > Log File
  2. I then started identifying the morphs that were causing the issue. I started uninstalling them.
  3. I did find few that were fixed by installing other packages they referenced that I did not have installed.
  4. Now, I have about 160+ for G8F and 26 for G8M that I simply cannot figure out what is the package that is causing the problem because it seems in both cases it is something(s) that is calling elements of the various Daz characters like Michael 8, etc. How can ID what is doing this?
Example
WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6681): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Male:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Male/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Expressions/eCTRLTriumph_HD.dsf#eCTRLTriumph?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Male/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Michael%208/eJCMMichael8Triumph_HDLv2.dsf
The weird part is if I navigate to the target above the file is there.

G:\My DAZ 3D Library\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\My DAZ 3D Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male\Morphs\DAZ 3D\Michael 8

Capture.JPG

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
How many G8F do you have installed?
After, say ~20, the load time of a figure is rapidly increasing. It is not due to incorrect morphs, but it is caused by the fact that DS has to load ALL the morphs of ALL assets of the same family.
There are regularly threads on this problem on the DS forums and people signal load times of 1hour+ (see for instance or ).
AFAIK, the only solution is to remove some assets. There is a thread here that describes how to set up a dual DS, one with all the assets, one with a limited number of assets https://f95zone.to/threads/3d-software-help-and-assistance-ask-away.11702/page-80#post-3527204

Eric30500

Apr 10, 2019
Hello,
I am French and my English is very rudimentary.
I'm starting with Daz Studio version 4.12 and to be more exact I'm starting in 3D and graphics. I've downloaded 2 files (F95Zone) to have some characters, clothes etc.. Victoria 4.2 3D Model Pro Suite' and 'the Girl 4 Pro Bundle' because by DAZ I got some free products compatible with these characters.
https://f95zone.to/threads/victoria-4-2-3d-model-pro-suite.5882/
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-girl-4-pro-bundle-bonus.21936/
Normally I use DIM to install the products and until now I had only downloaded simple files that gave me 1 or 2 IMXXXXXXX that I put in the DIM download directory and DIM took care of installing it by itself.

But what exactly do I need to install for these?
For Victoria, I end up with
IM00004783-01_Victoria42Base.zip
IM00004783-03_Victoria42BasePwrLoader
IM00004783-02_Victoria42BaseStudioCF
if I understood well the product sheet on DAZ ( ), one of the installation would be for POSER, 1 other for DAZ (I think Victoria42BaseStudioCF but I'm not sure) as for BasePwrLoader I don't see what it is and what it can possibly be used for me

Do I have to install all ZIPs?

In the same Bundle, I have the same problem with
IM00003922-01_Victoria4SkinMapsStdRes et IM00003922-02_Victoria4SkinMapsStdResStudioCF
IM00004787-01_Victoria42Morphs, IM00004787-02_Victoria42MorphsStudioCF et IM00004787-03_Victoria42MorphsPwrLoader
IM00004794-01_AmarsedaHairPs and IM00004794-02_AmarsedaHairDS
Do I have to install all ZIPs every time?

For the Girl 4 I have a bunch of EXE files. But the F95Zone file indicating POSER and DAZ compatible, do I have to run all the exe or only some? Will the EXE file know how to sort and will the EXE file find the path to my libraries that are not placed where it was intended by default.

Thank you

Translated with (free version)

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Victoria 4 and the girl 4 are very old products (>10 years), and even their installation is not standard. You will find them in the "poser" directory, probably under the "figure" subdir. Some very old assets even have an exe file, that will hopefully install the chars there.
In general, you just have to install the daz studio version, but I do not know exactly what is the "loader" supposed to do.

Sincerely, I would not advise you to use such old assets. Most poses, clothing, hair, etc are for G3 or G8 presently. There is a feature in DS (autofit) that allows to use old clothing (v4, genesis, etc) on new chars, but AFAIK, the opposite is not true. The lighting has completely changed and these chars do not have iray features. Their installation is not standard and you cannot use the "smart content" feature of daz studio, etc. The file structure is less logical and instead of having an item (say an outfit) and its shaders, accessories, potentials poses, at the same place, they are spread in different locations of the poser dir and you have to search to find them.

IMHO, to have a simple start with DS, I would suggest you to either use the base genesis 8 char that comes with daz studio or to download victoria 8 or another g8 char. If you want to use only free items, go to sharecg.com or most-digital-creations.com/ and you find plenty of free assets (clothing, chars, hair, etc) for g8 chars. Consult this thread https://f95zone.to/threads/free-stuff-for-daz-3d.22194/ or the daz forums to get additional addresses for free content.

Reactions: Eric30500

Tokoy

Jul 5, 2017
I'm confused.
I see people rendering beautiful images inside/outside buildings and their images got almost no noise.
If I tried to render a similar image there're always too much noise.
I'm curious...why my renders after ~400 iterations don't seem to have any noise reduction(no changes in noise after that)?
I'm currently doing a(still running) render that is about 1500 iterations, and it does look like the same as when it was only ~400 iterations.

>I've got a Rtx 2060. I7 9 gen processor. 16gb ram
>Post denoiser ON (start at 900).
>Environment blur ON
>render quality 1.5
> convergence 99%. Not that matters....I've never seen the convergence goes higher than 45%, unless it's a stupid render.
>Resolution 7680x4320, so I can use the resolution reduction trick after end.
>Using hdri environment and scene lights,so the scene is really bright, almost no shadows

So if my problem is waiting 2k more iterations please, tell. I saw people doing 5k iterations, but dk...
Or if I'm missing something...please explain. Any comment it's success.
Thanks!

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
I'm confused.
I see people rendering beautiful images inside/outside buildings and their images got almost no noise.
If I tried to render a similar image there're always too much noise.
I'm curious...why my renders after ~400 iterations don't seem to have any noise reduction(no changes in noise after that)?
I'm currently doing a(still running) render that is about 1500 iterations, and it does look like the same as when it was only ~400 iterations.

>I've got a Rtx 2060. I7 9 gen processor. 16gb ram
>Post denoiser ON (start at 900).
>Environment blur ON
>render quality 1.5
> convergence 99%. Not that matters....I've never seen the convergence goes higher than 45%, unless it's a stupid render.
>Resolution 7680x4320, so I can use the resolution reduction trick after end.
>Using hdri environment and scene lights,so the scene is really bright, almost no shadows

So if my problem is waiting 2k more iterations please, tell. I saw people doing 5k iterations, but dk...
Or if I'm missing something...please explain. Any comment it's success.
Thanks!
The issues you are having are predominately related to the scene lighting. If done well you should be able to produce a reasonable quality images in 500 iterations with no down sampling. If you are down sampling you should be able to do this is ~100 iterations. For final game renders I use 2:1 down sampling with 500 iterations an don't need any denoising at all. I used to run lower iterations with denoiser when I had GTX1060, rather than the RTX2060 I have now.

First thing to know about lighting, is less lights are generally better for convergence. If you are trying to get quick convergence, each surface in the scene should be predominately lit from one lighting source. This doesn't have to be the same source for each surface. If you consider 3 point lighting, front is lit from main source, side for secondary light and back from back-light. What I predominately do within the game I am developing is to use a HDRI with additional emissive sources used as localised highlights. You can use the to get HDRI's to work with indoor scenes. Note that there are HDRI's specifically for portrait / interior lighting.

As far as your settings:
  • Remove Post Denoiser - the one is Daz is just a blur (it's crap). Use nVidia Denoiser after the images is rendered.
  • Resolution - for down sampling 2:1 should be sufficient. If you are aiming for 4k final result your current resolution is fine.
  • Remainder of settings make little difference and don't event attempt to chase what Daz3D thinks is convergence.

Note: The lighting in most Daz assets is typically terrible for convergence. I pretty much rework the lighting on every single one I use.

• Love
Reactions: Tokoy

Tokoy

Jul 5, 2017
The issues you are having are predominately related to the scene lighting. If done well you should be able to produce a reasonable quality images in 500 iterations with no down sampling. If you are down sampling you should be able to do this is ~100 iterations. For final game renders I use 2:1 down sampling with 500 iterations an don't need any denoising at all. I used to run lower iterations with denoiser when I had GTX1060, rather than the RTX2060 I have now.

First thing to know about lighting, is less lights are generally better for convergence. If you are trying to get quick convergence, each surface in the scene should be predominately lit from one lighting source. This doesn't have to be the same source for each surface. If you consider 3 point lighting, front is lit from main source, side for secondary light and back from back-light. What I predominately do within the game I am developing is to use a HDRI with additional emissive sources used as localised highlights. You can use the to get HDRI's to work with indoor scenes. Note that there are HDRI's specifically for portrait / interior lighting.

As far as your settings:
  • Remove Post Denoiser - the one is Daz is just a blur (it's crap). Use nVidia Denoiser after the images is rendered.
  • Resolution - for down sampling 2:1 should be sufficient. If you are aiming for 4k final result your current resolution is fine.
  • Remainder of settings make little difference and don't event attempt to chase what Daz3D thinks is convergence.

Note: The lighting in most Daz assets is typically terrible for convergence. I pretty much rework the lighting on every single one I use.
Thank you very much. Your answer was very enlightening :love:

Reactions: Xavster

cnwolf

Jan 1, 2018
Can someone help me why my scenes doesn't render? Theres always something grey blocking the render. It's not only with this specific environment. I have the newest Daz Version, tried new starting daz and the scene & putting the render settings to default
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Can someone help me why my scenes doesn't render? Theres always something grey blocking the render. It's not only with this specific environment. I have the newest Daz Version, tried new starting daz and the scene & putting the render settings to default
It's the iRay Interior Camera. It doesn't play well with other cameras. Either use the iRay Interior Camera to render or delete it.

Reactions: Hamfist and cnwolf
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote