3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
Scene Optimizer?
A script that you can run that can lower the resolution of texture files. You can use this on things that won't be visable in the render, or even on models if they're not up close to the camera. I usually have 3 aspects of my characters. Full textures (for up close scenes), 1/2 reduction in textures (for regular distance from camera) and 1times reduction in textures (for greater distance) I do this because it makes the renders quicker, and you don't need all that crisp detail when the distance isn't going to show it anyways.

Reactions: Xavster

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Scene Optimizer?
Asset -

Scene Optimizer is actually a some what unusual title for a Daz Asset when you understand what it actually does. The creators behind Daz have done their best to recreate true human characteristics with their Genesis models. To do this they have employed high resolution texture maps on multiple layers (base, bump, normal, sub-surface scattering etc). Unfortunately to do this the hardware requirements are somewhat severe. Hence 'Scene Optimizer' serves to reduce the resolution of these texture maps and also to remove them from a scene, such that your hardware can handle them to do GPU rendering.

Whilst the resultant image from using Scene Optimizer is actually worse than not employing it, unless you are in an extreme close-up the difference is not perceivable. It does however allow you to render the scene using your GPU hardware rather than your CPU hardware which is usually 10+ times as fast.

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
Asset -

Scene Optimizer is actually a some what unusual title for a Daz Asset when you understand what it actually does. The creators behind Daz have done their best to recreate true human characteristics with their Genesis models. To do this they have employed high resolution texture maps on multiple layers (base, bump, normal, sub-surface scattering etc). Unfortunately to do this the hardware requirements are somewhat severe. Hence 'Scene Optimizer' serves to reduce the resolution of these texture maps and also to remove them from a scene, such that your hardware can handle them to do GPU rendering.

Whilst the resultant image from using Scene Optimizer is actually worse than not employing it, unless you are in an extreme close-up the difference is not perceivable. It does however allow you to render the scene using your GPU hardware rather than your CPU hardware which is usually 10+ times as fast.
Interesting, have added it to wishlist but for the most part right now, am personally fine with rendering, although took a lot of testing and playing around to get there, faster render times still appealing though.

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
Scene Optimizer?
Asset -

At least give him a link to F95zone's shared copy, ffs! :cautious:

https://f95zone.to/threads/scene-optimizer-mar-2019.9973/

dick bullcock

Aug 11, 2018
Trouble with collisions
Hi!
I am want to make the effect of "one size less" in some 3D art.

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg

I use DAZ. I have seen that some clothing assets have a morph for that. But only works (fits) with the specific assets they were made for (for example, Kitten for G8).

I use the smoothing modifier (edit>object>geometry>add smoothing modifier) but the results are not good.

004.png
the flesh always get over the cloths.

I have tried with two figures, without any trouble, the collision worked so fine. But with figure + cloth I have always the same trouble. Any hint of how can make it work, please?

heretic1

Dec 22, 2019
N00b Problems with creating a custom G8 character by exporting a Head to Blender and importing it back to Daz. I used , but for some reason it does not work for me. I follow all the steps:

- deleted eyelashes
- changed resolution to base
- had only "Head" selected and exported as .obj for Poser
(not sure why for Poser and not for Blender, but did it for Poser like in the video)
- unchecked any groupings on importing to Blender
- did not change any XYZ stuff
- modified only the head and only with sculpting tools
- exported as .obj
- restored figure before applying the morph

but when I get to the sliders to apply the morph all that they are doing is making my character way smaller - it just shrinks to almost invisible dot.

One "different" than on the video thing I can think of me doing is with my Blender (v. 2.81) - I can NOT edit/sculpt the "Scene" (like it's in the video), but instead I must select the imported object directly and then go Object Mode - Sculpt. If I click on "Object Mode" while it's "Scene" selected I don't get any options, like sculpt or whatever. I am not sure also how I should start Blender with a clean canvas - when I open it there's some cube/box in the middle and some triangle-ish thing, which I both delete... Also in my Daz v.4.12 I don't have the right-side menu with Morph Loader Pro (like in the video), but instead I go Edit - Object - Morph Loader Pro. This shouldn't matter I think, but I just can't get it to work - my Head morph only shrinks the whole figure, including the body until it disappears.

Manifold

Jan 14, 2018
Noobie is back...

Trying to find tutorials on Golden Palace, because I'm stuck with this noobie problem as a load the mat script, on a G8 character with a G8 skin texture. The area is darker. I've looked around, but no answers elsewhere. Any help, advice, or links to tutorials which can make me at least understand what the problem is are all very very welcome.

DoomedForever

Jul 16, 2018
Noobie is back...

Trying to find tutorials on Golden Palace, because I'm stuck with this noobie problem as a load the mat script, on a G8 character with a G8 skin texture. The area is darker. I've looked around, but no answers elsewhere. Any help, advice, or links to tutorials which can make me at least understand what the problem is are all very very welcome.
What materials have you applied to the character's skin? Just the defaults? Maybe you're having the same "problem" I had a couple pages back where Iray makes it look darker because you haven't given it enough iterations to converge since the "Material Copy" script essentially crams a giant texture map (the body's) into a small area (the genital) so Scene Optimizer or just a longer render in general would make that effect disappear.

Although it kinda looks like the leg texture is definitely different from the genitals' so it may be a different case, the script usually copies the skin perfectly for me. Have you changed anything about the skin after copying?

Reactions: Manifold

dick bullcock

Aug 11, 2018
Noobie is back...

Orders are clear in the "hint" button.
Capt.jpg
double click in 1, double click in 2 and double click in 3.

If the color is different, check if you have add another element with shell. Shells work in all the figure parts. If this is what happen, go to surfaces pane of each shell and deactivate the ones that interfere in the other shells.

Reactions: Papa Ernie

GCA2

Aug 5, 2017
Hi everybody, I'm wondering how to get this kind of renders(glosiness), is pretty similar than milfy city renders, is it just postprocessing, lightning setup?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Manifold

Manifold

Jan 14, 2018
Orders are clear in the "hint" button.
View attachment 532811
double click in 1, double click in 2 and double click in 3.

If the color is different, check if you have add another element with shell. Shells work in all the figure parts. If this is what happen, go to surfaces pane of each shell and deactivate the ones that interfere in the other shells.
What materials have you applied to the character's skin? Just the defaults? Maybe you're having the same "problem" I had a couple pages back where Iray makes it look darker because you haven't given it enough iterations to converge since the "Material Copy" script essentially crams a giant texture map (the body's) into a small area (the genital) so Scene Optimizer or just a longer render in general would make that effect disappear.

Although it kinda looks like the leg texture is definitely different from the genitals' so it may be a different case, the script usually copies the skin perfectly for me. Have you changed anything about the skin after copying?
Ok thx for the answers. FYI this is on basic G8 skin, the darker leg is only the shadow of the other leg, and I've simply added the scripts (1,2,3). Your replies tell me I need to look into shells, and seems like there are tutorials for it. Many thanks!

dick bullcock

Aug 11, 2018
Hey guys I was wondering if daz has this option where you can lock a item and it becomes solid for eg: if I lock a sofa and I want my model to sit on it ,while posing my character cannot intersect with sofa as the sofa is solid.
edit>object>geometry>add smoothing modifier

then play with smoothing and number of interactions. Look my first post in this page

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
probably a stupid question and I think I know the answer but I want to double check.

If I buy one of the teen models (actors), when I generate a new actor will the morph sliders appear here (see screen shot) along side other actors morph sliders so I can kind of blend her in to make her look older or one of my existing ones look a little younger (they all look like they are 25-30+ i'm shooting for 19-21) I'm assuming yes but I want to double check

)

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
probably a stupid question and I think I know the answer but I want to double check.

If I buy one of the teen models (actors), when I generate a new actor will the morph sliders appear here (see screen shot) along side other actors morph sliders so I can kind of blend her in to make her look older or one of my existing ones look a little younger (they all look like they are 25-30+ i'm shooting for 19-21) I'm assuming yes but I want to double check

)
Yep, works like a charm. Another asset you may want to consider instead is Growing Up. The benefit of this asset is that it doesn't add any additional features that might be present on the other younger character.

Reactions: Hamfist

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
Yep, works like a charm. Another asset you may want to consider instead is Growing Up. The benefit of this asset is that it doesn't add any additional features that might be present on the other younger character.
The daz store is a dangerous place, so many items require other items first (morph packs etc) I'm working on getting as many of the face and body morph kits as possible so I can quickly create new characters. and isnt hair a complete bitch to find.. frikken hair costs more than full city scenes even more if you want to be able to do anything with it.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
The daz store is a dangerous place, so many items require other items first (morph packs etc) I'm working on getting as many of the face and body morph kits as possible so I can quickly create new characters. and isnt hair a complete bitch to find.. frikken hair costs more than full city scenes even more if you want to be able to do anything with it.
There are the standard morph packs for G8 that I listed a few days ago in this thread. Typically the character morphs don't require any other morphs to function. In terms of hair assets the better creators I have come across are OutOfTouch and Linday. I would also recommend Skin Builder 8 due to the variations you are able to achieve on a base character skin.

Whilst the Daz3D software is free, the assets can set you back a pretty penny. To create a VN you will need >200 assets to create quality content. Unfortunately purchasing these is a bit of trial and error and I would have to admit that probably 1/2 the assets I have procured are substandard. The more you learn about Daz however the less dependent on these assets you become. As an example, I am currently tweaking the dForce Classic Long Hair to get a wet effect by borrowing surface settings / maps from his Short Wet Hair Asset.

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
There are the standard morph packs for G8 that I listed a few days ago in this thread. Typically the character morphs don't require any other morphs to function. In terms of hair assets the better creators I have come across are OutOfTouch and Linday. I would also recommend Skin Builder 8 due to the variations you are able to achieve on a base character skin.

Whilst the Daz3D software is free, the assets can set you back a pretty penny. To create a VN you will need >200 assets to create quality content. Unfortunately purchasing these is a bit of trial and error and I would have to admit that probably 1/2 the assets I have procured are substandard. The more you learn about Daz however the less dependent on these assets you become. As an example, I am currently tweaking the dForce Classic Long Hair to get a wet effect by borrowing surface settings / maps from his Short Wet Hair Asset.
Fortunately my project isnt profit driven. Its more about learning how and im not afraid of spending i just want to spend smart. Im also hoping to learn to create a lot of what i need. And honestly with this first game im building wonky inconsistent style will fit right in. Though hopefully the content quality will continue to improve as my skills increase. I just started looking at uv mapping and textures today. Im going to hamfist together a bunch of props to gain competance in modeling etc. Who knows i might accidently make something decent.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote