3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
Heres another random question is it possible to bind a camera in daz to a characters head/face so you can get 1st person perspective without having to move the camera to fit the pose With every pose change?

dick bullcock

Aug 11, 2018
Heres another random question is it possible to bind a camera in daz to a characters head/face so you can get 1st person perspective without having to move the camera to fit the pose With every pose change?
Just parent to it.
Adjust the camera to the view you want and then parent it to it.

Reactions: Hamfist

heretic1

Dec 22, 2019
N00b Problems with creating a custom G8 character by exporting a Head to Blender and importing it back to Daz. I used , but for some reason it does not work for me. I follow all the steps:

- deleted eyelashes
- changed resolution to base
- had only "Head" selected and exported as .obj for Poser
(not sure why for Poser and not for Blender, but did it for Poser like in the video)
- unchecked any groupings on importing to Blender
- did not change any XYZ stuff
- modified only the head and only with sculpting tools
- exported as .obj
- restored figure before applying the morph

but when I get to the sliders to apply the morph all that they are doing is making my character way smaller - it just shrinks to almost invisible dot.

One "different" than on the video thing I can think of me doing is with my Blender (v. 2.81) - I can NOT edit/sculpt the "Scene" (like it's in the video), but instead I must select the imported object directly and then go Object Mode - Sculpt. If I click on "Object Mode" while it's "Scene" selected I don't get any options, like sculpt or whatever. I am not sure also how I should start Blender with a clean canvas - when I open it there's some cube/box in the middle and some triangle-ish thing, which I both delete... Also in my Daz v.4.12 I don't have the right-side menu with Morph Loader Pro (like in the video), but instead I go Edit - Object - Morph Loader Pro. This shouldn't matter I think, but I just can't get it to work - my Head morph only shrinks the whole figure, including the body until it disappears.
please help

Manifold

Jan 14, 2018
Ok thx for the answers. FYI this is on basic G8 skin, the darker leg is only the shadow of the other leg, and I've simply added the scripts (1,2,3). Your replies tell me I need to look into shells, and seems like there are tutorials for it. Many thanks!
Found the problem I had with Golden palace. In Parameters > Shell > Visibility > Face groups, I turned off the WG_0_Hip, WG_0_Left Labium Majora 1 and WG_0_Right Labium Majora 1. So that's cool, but if anyone can give me an explanation to that it would be great. I don't understand why so many face groups outside the gentialia body zone are all turned on by default with this product, since I heard that it can make the file a lot bigger/renders longer. Why would a payable product do that?

Last edited:
Reactions: dick bullcock

dick bullcock

Aug 11, 2018
Manifold , this is how shells work. At the beginning I hated them, cause it can be crazy. If you have a model with Golden Palace plus underwear via shell plus tears via shell plus etc etc etc you have to go shell by shell deactivating the non desired parts. It is terrible, but it is how it works.
By the other way, making a more "pro" work, all the elements that doesn't fit in the screen simply doesn't exist. So if they doesn't appear in screen, delete them. As far as I have read, Daz renders calculates all the elements in the scene. Not the elements in the screen, in the scene. That means that if you have elements at your back they will be calculated too. More of the 3D apps first "cut" everything that doesn't fits in the screen sorting a lot the render time.

About the second part, DAZ is a free program. The assets are made by companies, and that is where the money comes. There are all kind of them. But more of them are a single person: developers, artists, etc. The filter and quality control is sometimes close to zero.

Reactions: Manifold

Manifold

Jan 14, 2018
Manifold , this is how shells work. At the beginning I hated them, cause it can be crazy. If you have a model with Golden Palace plus underwear via shell plus tears via shell plus etc etc etc you have to go shell by shell deactivating the non desired parts. It is terrible, but it is how it works.
By the other way, making a more "pro" work, all the elements that doesn't fit in the screen simply doesn't exist. So if they doesn't appear in screen, delete them. As far as I have read, Daz renders calculates all the elements in the scene. Not the elements in the screen, in the scene. That means that if you have elements at your back they will be calculated too. More of the 3D apps first "cut" everything that doesn't fits in the screen sorting a lot the render time.

About the second part, DAZ is a free program. The assets are made by companies, and that is where the money comes. There are all kind of them. But more of them are a single person: developers, artists, etc. The filter and quality control is sometimes close to zero.
thx a lot for these tips. One last question: am I right saying that shells are "second skins" added over the basic flesh-coloured skin? By deactivating all shells in the parameters tab, the basic flesh-colored skin is still there. Golden palace shells for example are just those added red parts on the labias, etc.
Again thx for having taken the time to explain all of this to me (y).

Reactions: dick bullcock

dick bullcock

Aug 11, 2018
thx a lot for these tips. One last question: am I right saying that shells are "second skins" added over the basic flesh-coloured skin? By deactivating all shells in the parameters tab, the basic flesh-colored skin is still there. Golden palace shells for example are just those added red parts on the labias, etc.
Again thx for having taken the time to explain all of this to me (y).
You are right.
Basically, just as you say.
My pleasure!

Reactions: Manifold

aikiriu

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
Quick question. Do I need to change all materials of the environment in DAZ to Iray in order to get faster renders?

dick bullcock

Aug 11, 2018
Quick answer.
No, you need to change all materials of the environment in DAZ to Iray in order to render in Iray mode.
btw, you can change the map sizes in your materials in order to get faster renders.

aikiriu

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
Quick answer.
No, you need to change all materials of the environment in DAZ to Iray in order to render in Iray mode.
btw, you can change the map sizes in your materials in order to get faster renders.
But they do render without all being Iray.

JustNotFatal

Apr 27, 2017
I have this long dforce dress that I wanted to have my character sit on the edge of the bed (cube representing) with on. However, every time I try to sim it, the dress just blows up or freezes the sim, no matter the fps setting. Is there an order of operation or something I'm missing.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
So weird coming to this thread and seeing the last post, considering am posting a question regarding clothing as well

However, am more looking for tutorials or advice on how to adjust the clothing, say someone is lifting woman's skirt up or pulling down trousers to ankles or hands under clothing.

I presume there is a way to do this but from memory, don't remember seeing this in VN'S, so maybe not?

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
I have this long dforce dress that I wanted to have my character sit on the edge of the bed (cube representing) with on. However, every time I try to sim it, the dress just blows up or freezes the sim, no matter the fps setting. Is there an order of operation or something I'm missing.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
it's very odd, Daz usually auto fits it for you. I presume you have the converters? Say model is G8 and clothing is for G3, it will ask you what model clothing item was originally for and it auto fit for you.

Only thing I can think off is the clothing isn't for that model.

JustNotFatal

Apr 27, 2017
it's very odd, Daz usually auto fits it for you. I presume you have the converters? Say model is G8 and clothing is for G3, it will ask you what model clothing item was originally for and it auto fit for you.

Only thing I can think off is the clothing isn't for that model.
Everything I have is G8.

That first pic is not simmed. If I sim it without the cube it's fine.
Its just when it collides it freaks out.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote