3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

hencuka

Jul 16, 2019
Hey there!
I'm very beginner with DAZ... literally try to make my first character. So my problem is maybe trivial but I can't figured it out.
I try to use golden palace v2 with a G8 female modell and there is a few glitch I found.
- golden palace v2 comes with a few presets, but if I use any of that my model going to be a mess. See the picture:
02.JPG 01.JPG
- if I try to add a tattoo from the Eva 8 bundle, the colors (materials?) go wrong as above:
03.JPG 04.JPG 05.JPG

Is there a way to fix these? Or is there any good genitals to use instead of golden palace if that is the root of the problem?
Thank you in advance for your help!

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Do you think it's feasible to render stuff separately? Imagine this order:
1 - Render the character
2 - Render the background
3 - Render objects individually
4 - Mash it all together in Photoshop

Could this work to save us time?
Rendering portions of the scene separately only saves you time in the following cases:
- You are going to use the background or objects on multiple scenes.
- The scene VRAM requirements are above you GPU capability and it is falling back to CPU.
To be honest a laptop with 4GB RAM is not the hardware that should be employed to do ray tracing. You may be better off going down the route of 3Delight or using Honey Select.

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
Hello, and thank you for starting this thread. DAZ's giving me headaches.

Each render is taking me somewhere between 30 minutes to 1 hour, sometimes more, to be complete. Could this be due to a lack of CPU, or is it normal for it to take so long? I'm extremely green to this world, I've been figuring where to get character models and how to code Python (all in baby steps), but I fear I may have technical limitations when it comes to rendering.

Should I switch to another program?

Thank you for reading.
It's a loaded question as quite a bit to rendering but rendering time takes up to an hour per image for me as well.

You can certainly lower the rendering times but you lose some image quality in doing so, however they generally still pretty good quality, here are a few things I found sped things up but sure someone with more experience than me can help you more.

1) In Render Settings, go to Optimization > Instancing Optimization and change it from Auto to Speed.
2) In Render Settings, go to Environment > Environment Intensity and change from 1.00 to 0.50, what I do for outdoor scenes.
3) In Render Settings, go to Progressive Rendering > Lowering Max Samples and Max Time (secs) can help but remember lowers quality as well
4) I find in the same Progressive Rendering that changing Rendering Quality from 2.0 to 1.0 help's as well.

As I said, sure people with more experience can better help you and am still learning Daz studio myself, but just a few things I found. Maybe we both learn more tips from your question.

@Xavster has a tutorial here on Rendering that could help you as well

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
Do you think it's feasible to render stuff separately? Imagine this order:
1 - Render the character
2 - Render the background
3 - Render objects individually
4 - Mash it all together in Photoshop

Could this work to save us time?
Thought the same thing and tried it, I rendered the background, then rendered the 5 models and combined, I found I really didn't save any time but this does open the possibilities of doing scenes with loads of characters.

CRISDARK31

Game Developer
Oct 18, 2018
Hello I am having problems with the g8 version of this morph as daz does not detect me and I would like to know if anyone can help me

In advance thank you very much

Screenshot_20200209_004305_com.android.chrome~01.jpg

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Hello I am having problems with the g8 version of this morph as daz does not detect me and I would like to know if anyone can help me

In advance thank you very much

View attachment 545780
I would suggest you look for your morphs under the Parameters tab rather than the Shaping tab. If this suggestion does not assist, would you please clarify what 'not detect me' is, such that I may be able to provide alternative options.

Reactions: CRISDARK31

nveraks

Sep 9, 2017
Hey there!
I'm very beginner with DAZ... literally try to make my first character. So my problem is maybe trivial but I can't figured it out.
I try to use golden palace v2 with a G8 female modell and there is a few glitch I found.
- golden palace v2 comes with a few presets, but if I use any of that my model going to be a mess. See the picture:
View attachment 544121 View attachment 544120
- if I try to add a tattoo from the Eva 8 bundle, the colors (materials?) go wrong as above:
View attachment 544122 View attachment 544123 View attachment 544124

Is there a way to fix these? Or is there any good genitals to use instead of golden palace if that is the root of the problem?
Try to use 4-Shell Fix
1581241652586.png

Honey hunters

Jan 23, 2020
Hello, and thank you for starting this thread. DAZ's giving me headaches.

Each render is taking me somewhere between 30 minutes to 1 hour, sometimes more, to be complete. Could this be due to a lack of CPU, or is it normal for it to take so long? I'm extremely green to this world, I've been figuring where to get character models and how to code Python (all in baby steps), but I fear I may have technical limitations when it comes to rendering.

Should I switch to another program?

Thank you for reading.
What's your pc or laptop requirements....?

CRISDARK31

Game Developer
Oct 18, 2018
I would suggest you look for your morphs under the Parameters tab rather than the Shaping tab. If this suggestion does not assist, would you please clarify what 'not detect me' is, such that I may be able to provide alternative options.

I don't see it in the parameters tab either.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
I don't see it in the parameters tab either.
I would suggest you check that it is installed in the correct directory - \My DAZ 3D Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\Xameva_and_Meipe\XandM_UltimateBreastMorphs

HFSTime

Jul 13, 2019
So I've got a rather odd one here for everyone...

I've been looking for arcade game cabinet 3D assets for an idea I had in mind. What's been 'officially released' in the various stores for Daz are honestly kinda janky. Plus I'd prefer to have actual game cabs for this idea anyway. Thankfully there's quite a few out there in other formats. But I'm running into a really weird issue with textures and I'm not entirely sure why. The items are all in OBJ format though I did try a few different paths to get them in that state. Which I'll explain in a bit.

So here's Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 in Texture Shaded mode...

umk3-1.jpg

Looks relatively OK. But when I go for Iray preview (and this does happen in full render as well)...

umk3-2.jpg

Certain textures (especially on the control panel) get weird in Iray. And the result can even change if you change the perspective a bit.

umk3-3.jpg

The Midway logo on the right hand side gives different rendering results. That's not the only thing I've seen do weird things like that. Multiple parts of the control panel, the marquee, and sometimes the side art will do that depending on the viewing angle. And I'm not sure why.

One thing I have figured out is that it doesn't seem dependent on the asset or how it eventually got into the OBJ format. I had another cab (Wrestlemania) that ran into similar issues. And the application source doesn't seem to have any bearing either. UMK3 was originally a Sketchup file and Wrestlemania was in 3DSMax. I pretty much run into this regardless of how I eventually got the OBJ version.

Any ideas?

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
How to illuminate the dark corner?
I add a pointlight in the preset scene in .

But it is always dark.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There is a couple of ways to approach this.
1) Insert multiple emissive spheres with very low cutout opacity (to make invisible). I would probably use 3 of about 1m diameter. Basically creating your own ghost lights.

2) A better way of doing this is via iRay interior camera and changing the sun to an emissive sphere. In this situation you set the HDRI environment intensity to a low level (0.1 to 0.2). The iRay interior camera will then bring this light straight through the walls. To still have the sun effect and the shadows an emissive sphere works best. This need to be created at some distance to ensure that the column shadows stay reasonably parallel. The power of this method is that you can separately play with the lighting under the structure and the light / shadows outside the structure. Also note that this method will render faster and give a cleaner result than alternative 1. Some addition information in a post I made ages ago - https://f95zone.to/threads/daz-studio-tutorials-tips.21586/#post-1379658.

Also is Iray addon for old products must?
I can't see difference between addon product and original product when I try rendering in Iray.
This largely depends upon the surface you are dealing with. The difference between 3Delight and iRay is pretty noticeable on characters, however far less so on clothes / scenery. It really comes down to whether refraction / scattering of the surfaces in your scene plays a significant role.

• Love
Reactions: dick bullcock

HFSTime

Jul 13, 2019
So I've got a rather odd one here for everyone...
Did some more research on this one today. Apparently the issue has to do with the fact that the model was converted to triangles and depending on how they were done Daz may not know how to handle them correctly. There was one suggestion made about changing the rotation of the tris via the Geometry Editor but that didn't get anywhere.

I did go look up ways to try to convert the mesh into quads. There is a tool in 3DS Max for this but when a friend and I tried it in both 2019 and 2020.2 It made 3DS shit the bed. Blender has a similar tool but I haven't tried it yet.

My friend is going to see if they can clean up the polys to get something more usable in Daz. My hope is to get some models of the more common cabinets available so people can go source the art to recreate a specific game.

Now if I could just find models of the Sega Blast City and Versus City cabs.

SummmerP

Disrespected User
Game Developer
Jun 26, 2017
Guys... I just got the XTransfer, I was hoping to use some G3 body morphs on G8 figures
I saw the promo video, but couldn't really catch how to use it... I'm a fucking newbie at DAZ
I googled for an easy tutorial on how to use it, but couldn't find any

How do I use it?
Is there a tutorial somewhere?
Can someone quickly explain it to me? (step by step)

I would truly appreciate it
(and pls... forgive my absolute rookieness)

Last edited:

Perverteer

Peddler of Unspeakable Goods
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2017
Guys... I just got the XTransfer, I was hoping to use some G3 body morphs on G8 figures
I saw the promo video, but couldn't really catch how to use it... I'm a fucking newbie at DAZ

How do I use it?

I've used XTransfer for a couple of characters and found it the most reliable converter out there at the moment. It's rather finicky to work with though. Also it if a conversion doesn't finish properly or hangs you can seriously mess up the morphs that are already in your library. Deleting the half-converted morphs by XTransfer usually takes care of that problem, but I was a little worried when it happened.

From the top of my head the workflow is as follows:

- Load a G3 character with the morphs you want to convert
- Favorite the morphs you'd like to transfer by clicking the little heart icon
- Open up XTransfer and you should see the morphs that you've favorited
- Deselect any morphs that are not directly related to the ones you're trying to convert. So if morphs set by Bend Control or another helper package appear in the list you should deselect them. The script also sometimes chokes on morphs set by other morphs. So if the Alex 7 body morph sets the Michael 7 body morph to a certain value it could lead to problems if you try to convert them both at once.
- You can set the output directory to any folder you want, but for them to appear the directory should be in a library path. I have a separate conversions directory loaded in the DAZ content manager.
- Don't select too many morphs at once, it will take a long while to convert and if one morph errors during conversion you end up with garbage.
- Hit convert.
- You might need to restart DAZ3D in order for the converted morphs to appear on G8 characters. They'll appear as XTAlex, if I remember correctly.

It's a little complicated to explain, but I hope this will help you a little further.

Reactions: SummmerP

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018

How do I use it?

Do you followed the pdf guide?

View attachment XTGuide.pdf

Reactions: SummmerP

hencuka

Jul 16, 2019
Hey there!
View attachment 544121 View attachment 544120
View attachment 544122 View attachment 544123 View attachment 544124

'Cmon, nobody has a hint where should I start? :oops:

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
'Cmon, nobody has a hint where should I start? :oops:
For the wrong color of the material, select the Golden palace geoshell, go to paramter tab and disable visibility for all body part except the ones needed for the geoshell. Do the same for the geoshell tatoo to avoid future interference.

DAZStudio_RXYmM0YkxL.png

For the another problem, not sure what went wrong with the golden palace morphs, I'll try to take a look after renders.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote