3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Are you talking about this or something else? This has been on since the beginning.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Other non-long dforce stuff seems to work
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yes this, how does the initial pose look, and is it a dforce dress, or did you add the dforce modifier yourself?
If the dress clips inside the cube, or whatever object, in the initial pose, then that might be the problem already.

JustNotFatal

Apr 27, 2017
Yes this, how does the initial pose look, and is it a dforce dress, or did you add the dforce modifier yourself?
If the dress clips inside the cube, or whatever object, in the initial pose, then that might be the problem already.
If I can believe the title, it is a dforce dress. I can try raising it a bit more.

JustNotFatal

Apr 27, 2017
This is what happens every single time.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
This is what happens every single time.
Have a look in the surface settings, if it has several surfaces, look that every one of them is set to a different "Collision Layer".
Reducing the friction and deactivating self collision can also help.

JustNotFatal

Apr 27, 2017
Have a look in the surface settings, if it has several surfaces, look that every one of them is set to a different "Collision Layer".
Reducing the friction and deactivating self collision can also help.
Alright, I'll take a look
This has been the closest I've gotten. I guess she was high enough?
TestAngD2F.png

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Alright, I'll take a look
This has been the closest I've gotten. I guess she was high enough?
You didn't choose the easiest dress :D
In your timeline set total frame to 16
Set your A-pose at frame 0, and your final sitting pose at frame ~15
White cube should not touching the dress at frame 0
Make the white cube start pushing the dress at frame ~5 and finish at 15
In simulation setting use Animated
(You can help to prevent explosion a little by setting Bend stiffness to 0.25 in the surface tab of the dress)

DAZStudio_59mMFeeGJi.png

Reactions: Lockheart

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
(You can help to prevent explosion a little by setting Bend stiffness to 0.25 in the surface tab of the dress)

View attachment 539727
Damn, I forgot the bend stiffness :(

Anyway ^ this and you can set "Start from memorized pose" to off when you do it this way^^

JustNotFatal

Apr 27, 2017
The dress still clips through the cube, this should not happen if the dress is above the cube in the initial pose.
Yeah even if you T-pose>Dress>Pose>then sim half the skirt just goes through the cube.

View attachment 539727
Yeah I know that, was still hoping dforce was strong enough.
I will try those settings.

Thank you both

Last edited:

Lewd4D

Jun 28, 2019
Yeah even if you T-pose>Dress>Pose>then sim half the skirt just goes through the cube.

Yeah I know that, was still hoping dforce was strong enough.
I will try those settings.

Thank you both
You could also try and make an animation where the cube moves in from below and the model stays still.
Thats how i made this render.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
You could also try and make an animation where the cube moves in from below and the model stays still.
Thats how i made this render.
There is actually a slightly easier way of doing this. If you adjust your figure pose to create a translation on the hip node of say -100 Y Translate (1m down) and -100 Z Translate (1m back), you will get the figure to move during the Pose Transition Time. You still locate the figure normally using the Genesis 8 Figure node. This will also allow you to easily vary the Pose Transition Time (Simulation Settings), should the movement be too rapid for the dForce to keep up. This removes the requirement for animation and has the final pose in frame 0.

Ariku

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2018
Hey there,

I tried to search on the forum about it, but I just can't find it :( . I'm trying to export a gen 8 model with Golden Palace genitals in FBX in order to use it under unity (but that does not matter). What matters is that I can't find how to export Golden palace Morphs also. They don't even show up in the export TAB is there anyone with a good solution :) .

EDIT , found the solution -_-, for those interested :) , Merge Fitted Figure(s) Geometry does the job

Last edited:
Reactions: Medew

Ankhesenamun

Dec 17, 2017
Hello, and thank you for starting this thread. DAZ's giving me headaches.

Each render is taking me somewhere between 30 minutes to 1 hour, sometimes more, to be complete. Could this be due to a lack of CPU, or is it normal for it to take so long? I'm extremely green to this world, I've been figuring where to get character models and how to code Python (all in baby steps), but I fear I may have technical limitations when it comes to rendering.

Should I switch to another program?

Thank you for reading.

dick bullcock

Aug 11, 2018
Hello, and thank you for starting this thread. DAZ's giving me headaches.

Each render is taking me somewhere between 30 minutes to 1 hour, sometimes more, to be complete. Could this be due to a lack of CPU, or is it normal for it to take so long? I'm extremely green to this world, I've been figuring where to get character models and how to code Python (all in baby steps), but I fear I may have technical limitations when it comes to rendering.

Should I switch to another program?

Thank you for reading.
For me, wish I would have those times! For me, with a potato from 2010, takes around 8 hours. With a power killing machine, a render would take from 15 minutes to one hour.
It depends of all the factors: render mode, hairs, number of lights, reflexions or not, etc etc etc, etc etc etc

• Haha
Reactions: Ankhesenamun

Ankhesenamun

Dec 17, 2017
For me, wish I would have those times! For me, with a potato from 2010, takes around 8 hours. With a power killing machine, a render would take from 15 minutes to one hour.
It depends of all the factors: render mode, hairs, number of lights, reflexions or not, etc etc etc, etc etc etc
I feel you, I'm on a 2013 laptop with 4GB ram - high use too, so of those 4, it should be down to like 3 and a half. I've only tried rendering the default DAZ content, I think it's going to take me months to render actual scenes...

Reactions: dick bullcock

dick bullcock

Aug 11, 2018
I feel you, I'm on a 2013 laptop with 4GB ram - high use too, so of those 4, it should be down to like 3 and a half. I've only tried rendering the default DAZ content, I think it's going to take me months to render actual scenes...
If it takes one hour, I think you must be more than happy. Render uses mostly the CPU. Wait to add elements and you will see how the times go growing up. BTW, take care that you don't burn the laptop, maybe 4 GB is in the limit.

Ankhesenamun

Dec 17, 2017
If it takes one hour, I think you must be more than happy. Render uses mostly the CPU. Wait to add elements and you will see how the times go growing up. BTW, take care that you don't burn the laptop, maybe 4 GB is in the limit.
Do you think it's feasible to render stuff separately? Imagine this order:
1 - Render the character
2 - Render the background
3 - Render objects individually
4 - Mash it all together in Photoshop

Could this work to save us time?

dick bullcock

Aug 11, 2018
Do you think it's feasible to render stuff separately? Imagine this order:
1 - Render the character
2 - Render the background
3 - Render objects individually
4 - Mash it all together in Photoshop

Could this work to save us time?
When I can, I do it always. With 4-5 figures sometimes my computer got stuck in 4 hours and only made the 2%.
You will see it by practice. For me, I do as you say. I try to render background, characters separately or in groups of 2-3, and objects. Sometimes objects go with the background render, just in function if they cover or not the other items. And I try to use as few lights as I can. Take care that I am never talking about quality: I know the potato I have and its limits. I will let the quality for when I get rich, or in my next life.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote