3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

hencuka

Jul 16, 2019
Hi guys, this is probably easy to fix but I'm clueless atm, I opened up Daz and got this. I have absolutely no idea how to fix this.

View attachment 555884
Feels like layout failed to load for whatever reasons. :unsure:
If you can't reopen panes, overwriting your Daz Studio install should restore it.
Go to the c:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\ directory and delete the layout.dse and layout.dsx files, or the whole directory. That should do the trick.

hencuka

Jul 16, 2019
Oh well.... I have serious issues with pussies. I went through that visibility settings, what no__name mentioned. And it went cool, there was no grey surface, everything looked fine. Until I started rendering.
First, I tought I left some kind of cum layer on the scene, altough I used only the character, character mats and GP. This is the result:
wtf.jpg

Deleted the whole scene, and create character again: figure + mats and new gens this time. The result was better, but there is still some patch:

wtfng.jpg wtfng2.jpg

And finaly discovered this weird patches are not limited to genitals:

wtf2.jpg

So, my question is: this is normal, and I should deal with it and use PS for afterwork? Or is is the mat, the character, some settings or who knows what?
I know, I should start reading manuals and tutorials and leave this autodidact method. :rolleyes:
Anyway, I will appreciate any help, where should I start looking for a nice, clean render.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Oh well.... I have serious issues with pussies. I went through that visibility settings, what no__name mentioned. And it went cool, there was no grey surface, everything looked fine. Until I started rendering.
First, I tought I left some kind of cum layer on the scene, altough I used only the character, character mats and GP. This is the result:
View attachment 557396

Deleted the whole scene, and create character again: figure + mats and new gens this time. The result was better, but there is still some patch:

View attachment 557398 View attachment 557399

And finaly discovered this weird patches are not limited to genitals:

View attachment 557397

So, my question is: this is normal, and I should deal with it and use PS for afterwork? Or is is the mat, the character, some settings or who knows what?
I know, I should start reading manuals and tutorials and leave this autodidact method. :rolleyes:
Anyway, I will appreciate any help, where should I start looking for a nice, clean render.
Culprit could be the geoshell offset distance or you're too far away from the center (0,0,0). Try to see if the appear on every pose not just the A/T one.

How can I make my characters completely pitch black like this within daz studios?
Fill every surfaces of your model with black color instead of a texture map. Remove any gloss, SSS, transluency etc...

wolfgangmami

Mar 16, 2018
Hi I'm new in daz there is a problem I can't deal with it as in the title hair and lashes not following in unity (or staying at same position in daz) after merging the body I found a similar thing in this link ( ) but it didn't help or I am too stupid to I can't to do it how can I solve this ? (I tried "Autofollow" thing but same problem occurs) There is a video of my model on unity ( )

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
This might be a weird question but I am wondering if someone knows how to have an option to include the intro (I have created a header file which I can ensure that it only shows up the first time playing or have it always playing which I wouldn't want to do since it's an intro) one created with say a message and disclaimer type of stuff as an option in the menu. I have seen this done in the game Being a DIK, I think I am going to analyze the code carefully but it's a big download so asking here in the meantime before I get on my main computer later. :)

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
This might be a weird question but I am wondering if someone knows how to have an option to include the intro (I have created a header file which I can ensure that it only shows up the first time playing or have it always playing which I wouldn't want to do since it's an intro) one created with say a message and disclaimer type of stuff as an option in the menu. I have seen this done in the game Being a DIK, I think I am going to analyze the code carefully but it's a big download so asking here in the meantime before I get on my main computer later. :)
if you mean in ren py You can simply create a standard menu choice to watch intro or skip intro, honestly when I play through a game again if it has been a while I rewatch the intro unless it really sucked, so that's the route I would go. if they choose watch jump to intro start, if they choose skip jump to the same point the end of the intro would jump to. I notice a lot of times people make things harder than they have to be, maybe you are just overthinking it?
just make it the first choice in the game after your opening credits or whatever comes first.

Last edited:

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
question for renpy modders, My game is going to be for the PC is there anything I should make sure I do to make it easier for modders who want to mod my game later on?

also anything specific I should make sure of so I can offer it on android as well as PC? I have not looked into official or unofficial android port yet it was just something that popped into my head after my 3rd cup of coffee and 4th bug of the day in my coding. (yes four bugs before 6:30 am don't judge me)

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
if you mean in ren py You can simply create a standard menu choice to watch intro or skip intro, honestly when I play through a game again if it has been a while I rewatch the intro unless it really sucked, so that's the route I would go. if they choose watch jump to intro start, if they choose skip jump to the same point the end of the intro would jump to. I notice a lot of times people make things harder than they have to be, maybe you are just overthinking it?
just make it the first choice in the game after your opening credits or whatever comes first.
I thought of this but my first thought was that I wanted to ensure the first time they play that they get an 18+ disclaimer to ensure legal compliance (my boyfriend is an attorney so I am dealing with this level of scrutiny heh) instead of being able to skip the intro without seeing it at least once. But, now I am leaning towards taking the part of my intro images/text with the disclaimer and putting it out right away (cutting it from my intro) and perhaps then using the remainder of my intro instead or trying to have a menu option to see the intro again after the first forced time. (the latter option is how Pinkcake did it in Being a DIK)

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
I thought of this but my first thought was that I wanted to ensure the first time they play that they get an 18+ disclaimer to ensure legal compliance (my boyfriend is an attorney so I am dealing with this level of scrutiny heh) instead of being able to skip the intro without seeing it at least once. But, now I am leaning towards taking the part of my intro images/text with the disclaimer and putting it out right away (cutting it from my intro) and perhaps then using the remainder of my intro instead or trying to have a menu option to see the intro again after the first forced time. (the latter option is how Pinkcake did it in Being a DIK)
I would ensure that the disclaimer is seen on start up everytime, just because it's on the same device doesn't mean the same person is opening the file. I thought you meant intro storyline.

hencuka

Jul 16, 2019
Culprit could be the geoshell offset distance or you're too far away from the center (0,0,0). Try to see if the appear on every pose not just the A/T one.
I couldn't find any geoshell settings... or even geoshell itself.
gs.JPG
But I tried another pose and the stains are there... and some weird gleam like a wet skin.
wtf01.jpg wtf02.jpg

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
I couldn't find any geoshell settings... or even geoshell itself.
View attachment 561746
But I tried another pose and the stains are there... and some weird gleam like a wet skin.
View attachment 561747 View attachment 561748
Definitely, you shouldn't have those stains.

Forget about offset distance, and try to find the culprit by removing tatoo and gens one by one, or just redo your model step by step to see where you're doing something wrong.

heretic1

Dec 22, 2019
How can I associate an asset (like a material) to another asset "1" (like a shirt) if asset "1" has not been declared (under Compatibility) as anything and I can't find it in the Database when trying to "declare it as.."? Also is there a Database folder where I can go and browse?

hencuka

Jul 16, 2019
Definitely, you shouldn't have those stains.

Forget about offset distance, and try to find the culprit by removing tatoo and gens one by one, or just redo your model step by step to see where you're doing something wrong.
I've got the culprit. It was the tattoo.
The base model:
m_base.jpg
The base model with materials, gen mats, makeup and golden palace:
m_base+allmats+makeup+gp.jpg
And finally, with tattoo:
m_base+allmats+makeup+gp+tattoo.jpg

If I play with the geoshell visibility I can remove most of the stains, but there are some on the chest area where are no left and right side.. so I should try to find another tattoo, or forget it.
Thanks for your help, I owe you one!

Another question: where the heck can I edit the materials?

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
I've got the culprit. It was the tattoo.
The base model:
View attachment 563970
The base model with materials, gen mats, makeup and golden palace:
View attachment 563971
And finally, with tattoo:
View attachment 563972

If I play with the geoshell visibility I can remove most of the stains, but there are some on the chest area where are no left and right side.. so I should try to find another tattoo, or forget it.
Thanks for your help, I owe you one!

Another question: where the heck can I edit the materials?
Whilst you can use geoshells or decals to apply tatoos, you are far better off modifying the skin itself, either by manually editing in imaging software (GIMP / Photoshop) or via using LIE tattoos (basically same process but using Daz instead of external image editor). The tutorials linked in my signature describes various methods of applying tattoos.

Reactions: hencuka

hencuka

Jul 16, 2019
Whilst you can use geoshells or decals to apply tatoos, you are far better off modifying the skin itself, either by manually editing in imaging software (GIMP / Photoshop) or via using LIE tattoos (basically same process but using Daz instead of external image editor). The tutorials linked in my signature describes various methods of applying tattoos.
Thank you for the tip, I will try both method (y):)

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
Thank you for the tip, I will try both method (y):)
Keep in mind if using LIE though, the more LIE layers you add, the larger the file gets. You'll want to use LIE Baker, to merge all of them into a single layer. I had a heavily tattooed Character that was 143 meg with all the LIE tat's added. Once LIE Baker was used it dropped the file size down to it's original size.

Reactions: hencuka

ddeadbeat

Bewbie
Game Developer
Mar 30, 2018
I have a question regarding Daz3D. Do you have any advice on how to improve rendering speed when making animations? For example, I tried to render an animated scene in library with 2 figures. I used 30fps, animation had 240 frames, lightning was Dome and Scene, 1920x1080, 3000 samples. Just kind of random settings to see, what would happen - I just started to learn daz. So I left PC working for a night and after 7 hours I had rendered... 6 frames of 240 lol. More than 1 hour per frame.
I have GTX 1070, not much, but it is what it is.
3DLight did everything in like 15 minutes...
So, maybe there are some kind of general tips for animations? I might try to reduce the amount of samples to say 300, but I believe the quality would be totally unacceptable.

And a few more questions: does it matter if stuff that is not in a frame (what part of the scene will be rendered) is visible or not? Does it influence the render time?
And kind of the same question that was about animation render time, but about just pictures - what render settings do you use for exaple for indoor scene with 1-2 figures? How much render time is okay for you (this question is more towards actual devs)? 10 minutes? 30 minutes? 1-2 hours is also fine for one render?

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
I have a question regarding Daz3D. Do you have any advice on how to improve rendering speed when making animations? For example, I tried to render an animated scene in library with 2 figures. I used 30fps, animation had 240 frames, lightning was Dome and Scene, 1920x1080, 3000 samples. Just kind of random settings to see, what would happen - I just started to learn daz. So I left PC working for a night and after 7 hours I had rendered... 6 frames of 240 lol. More than 1 hour per frame.
I have GTX 1070, not much, but it is what it is.
3DLight did everything in like 15 minutes...
So, maybe there are some kind of general tips for animations? I might try to reduce the amount of samples to say 300, but I believe the quality would be totally unacceptable.

And a few more questions: does it matter if stuff that is not in a frame (what part of the scene will be rendered) is visible or not? Does it influence the render time?
And kind of the same question that was about animation render time, but about just pictures - what render settings do you use for exaple for indoor scene with 1-2 figures? How much render time is okay for you (this question is more towards actual devs)? 10 minutes? 30 minutes? 1-2 hours is also fine for one render?
For starters, most professional animations didn't use gaming FPS like 30 or even 60. Part of this is the render time. The best time saver would be, go down to 24 or 25 FPS. Depending on the render engine, non-visible objects affect your lighting by their reflections and ray bounces. So it is your own decision if you need those lighting effects, or not.
Time savings comes always down to calculations for your lights as well as the number of polygons. So use low poly items for background items instead of high poly items all over the scene. And decide how long you need your light rays to be. Iray is always set to infinite by default. You wanna maybe reduce that. And the last big time saver are your used textures. Less resolution results often in faster render times.
Professional studios have render times between 30 and 60 minutes per frame on far stronger machines, that are specialized for this kind of rendering. So expect much higher times for us hobbyists. (The movie NextGen had an average render time of 45 minutes per frame.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote