3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
Hello, DAZ new user here. I have some noob questions :

1. I have DAZ Studio 4.12, do I need Pro ? Is it free ? Is pro and normal version the same now ? Cause when I search for pro on the DAZ site it sends me back to the download page where I grabbed the free version... So I don't know.

2. I have base install with Genesis 8 base models, and of course a bunch of pirated stuff I downloaded from here and other sources. How do I install all of this without problems ? (will read https://f95zone.to/threads/how-to-install-content-to-daz-w-w-o-install-manager.6045/ ) but if you have some quicker and updated version of this I'm interested.

3. Do I need to download G3F models too, or is G8F better globally and I can stay with it as long as I find enough content for it ?

4. How do I add genitalia ? I have downloaded a pack called Cock-O-Rama with a base install and then various packs for all sort of genitals but maybe that's not the best way, and it's only for males. What to install for females ?

That's it for now, thanks for your answers.

Also, just found this tutorial on phub :

Didn't watch it yet but might be useful for other noobs like me.
I can kind of answer some of this for you

1. no clue what daz pro is I dont think it exists any more, wait for some one who knows more
2. read the tutorial
3. I honestly download every single asset and model style I can. you can never ever ever have enough (unless you are limited by disk storage space?).
4 couldn't tell you how to attach them haven't even messed with that yet, but golden palace for females is probably the one most talked about in my digging and reading on here.

Reactions: Kryptozoid

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
3. I honestly download every single asset and model style I can. you can never ever ever have enough (unless you are limited by disk storage space?).
The more you install, the slower Daz will get. Especially a big amount of morphs will make Daz characters load for ages.
Also a lot of assets wont make finding assets in your library easier, especially if you use the content library instead of the smart content tab, since many content creator have weird and different folder structures it will become really annoying and tiring to find the right asset in the library.

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
I'm trying to figure out how to get a wet/saliva effect on XY (not like cum, just wet/sloppy).

Anybody got an idea?

TIA

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
I just scooped up urban sprawl 2 big city (man there's a lot of stuff on sale right now) but when I try to render the full set with camera and lights loaded in IRAY its a completely black screen. with basic gl its grainey but lit (and I get the warning that obscuring the viewport may reduce quality), open gl it's clearer but very dark (same warning about obscuring viewport).... can some one explain to my ignorant brain wtf I'm doing wrong. (rendering in 3delight right now and it seems to look the best and true, but I want to be able to use this with IRAY if possible. Are the lights not compatible with Iray?

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2018
The more you install, the slower Daz will get. Especially a big amount of morphs will make Daz characters load for ages.
Also a lot of assets wont make finding assets in your library easier, especially if you use the content library instead of the smart content tab, since many content creator have weird and different folder structures it will become really annoying and tiring to find the right asset in the library.
Was having this problem too. My G8 took 5 min to load cause of having too many morphs, but I kinda found a way around it. Just create another base directory and put all char's data folder with morphs in it. When youre done making char can remove directory from content library and transfer missing morphs to directory with textures. Whenever I wanna make a char I just add that data directory again.

I also have almost 1TB of daz content and have no trouble finding assets in content library because of organizing everything through multiple base directories. Can even rearrange folders as long it isnt data or runtime. That takes awhile though but worth it in the end.

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
I bow to your experience on this topic, I have only downloaded stuff with open license or purchased legit stuff so I'm not in any danger of having too much yet ( so I don't have piles of pirated stuff, actually I don't have any, tempting as it is), I also haven't installed most of it in daz yet since I want to make sure I can put it in in an organized manner (literally 30 assets made a huge mess in one secondary library) so maybe I should have phrased it differently. I have piles of folders sitting on my desktop sorted by where they came from etc.

Reactions: recreation

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
I just scooped up urban sprawl 2 big city (man there's a lot of stuff on sale right now) but when I try to render the full set with camera and lights loaded in IRAY its a completely black screen. with basic gl its grainey but lit (and I get the warning that obscuring the viewport may reduce quality), open gl it's clearer but very dark (same warning about obscuring viewport).... can some one explain to my ignorant brain wtf I'm doing wrong. (rendering in 3delight right now and it seems to look the best and true, but I want to be able to use this with IRAY if possible. Are the lights not compatible with Iray?
turns out its something to do with the sky dome overall cutting out all the light, if I load the complete scene delete the skydome then throw any hdri into the scene it renders fine. I'm still not 100% sure why but at this point I dont care I can use any hdri for base lighting and get a sky into the city

ddeadbeat

Bewbie
Game Developer
Mar 30, 2018
What is the easiest/best way to add moles to the character's skin? I tried using Skin Builder, it serves that purpose as well, but it has like 2 presets, so the result won't be unique.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
What is the easiest/best way to add moles to the character's skin? I tried using Skin Builder, it serves that purpose as well, but it has like 2 presets, so the result won't be unique.
load the skin texture in photoshop or a similar image editors and add dot's.

Reactions: ddeadbeat

ddeadbeat

Bewbie
Game Developer
Mar 30, 2018
Reactions: recreation

ddeadbeat

Bewbie
Game Developer
Mar 30, 2018
Aaand I'm wondering about another thing. Is there a way to make a really precise morphs to figure's body? For example, the character is wearing stockings with garters and I want to deform her skin a little bit in places where stockings and garters might create some pressure on skin. I was trying to do it with my beloved mesh grabber, but the polygons that he grabs are too big. Same thing for edges and vertexes. I googled this question a bit and it seems that the simple answer for my question "there is no way, because the mesh of the figure is too low-poly". Am I right?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
I googled this question a bit and it seems that the simple answer for my question "there is no way, because the mesh of the figure is too low-poly". Am I right?
Hmm Zbrush, but I wonder if a displacement map could do the trick :unsure:
Like for socks, create a 4096x4096 mid-grey tiff image, put legs texture in another layer (just to see where to draw don't modify it), and paint darker/black line where you want micro pressure then put the picture in the displacement layer. Never tested tho.

edit: tested really quickly on a disp map (to know where to paint) and it kinda works, green is straight color, red is PS burn tool - shadow. Not really academic but I guess it's somewhat possible.

DAZStudio_jZnE3OPvYF.png

Last edited:
Reactions: ddeadbeat
Mar 2, 2020
tl;dr: Looking for help automating rendering for other people's files using DAZ Studio 4.12

I recently installed DAZ Studio 4.12, and I had 2 technical questions.
I don't plan to use DAZ for rendering my own stuff (yet), but I'd like to make my PC available (when idle) to render other people's scenes/animations/etc. It looks like there's something you can setup called an , but the license is $300/year per machine. So:

1. Is there a free alternative to Iray Server available?
2. Alternatively, does DAZ support CLI rendering?

I currently have a setup where someone can upload a .blend file to a shared cloud drive, it syncs locally, is rendered using a batch script, then the finished render is uploaded to the shared drive on completion. The whole process is automated.
If DAZ supports CLI, I just need to tweak the script, but the only CLI I found was .

2.5 If I have to open the DAZ GUI to perform rendering, can I pass files with a script for batch rendering? Or do I have to queue files manually?

Worst Case Hon. Mention: Is there a Blender plugin that will allow DAZ files to be rendered in Blender? IIRC, there's an issue with Blender and RIB-compliance

PS: For a carrot; help me solve this problem, I'll give you first slot for rendering.

MrLazyTann

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Hello,
I have a little problem with NGFV8
probleme.png
I used to be able to change the shape, but not anymore. I already tried to reinstall it but it didn't solve the problem and i don't know what cause that.

Edit: Okay so it seem that the new versions of daz was the problem

Last edited:

hencuka

Jul 16, 2019
I've got the culprit. It was the tattoo.
The base model:
View attachment 563970
The base model with materials, gen mats, makeup and golden palace:
View attachment 563971
And finally, with tattoo:
View attachment 563972

If I play with the geoshell visibility I can remove most of the stains, but there are some on the chest area where are no left and right side.. so I should try to find another tattoo, or forget it.
Thanks for your help, I owe you one!

Another question: where the heck can I edit the materials?
no__name , Xavster
After a long and bumpy road I can finally tell that I won against the stains.
Thank you both for your help. :love: I made a custom skin with that geoshell tattoo as Xavster mentioned it, so the stains on the skin disappeared. However not from the genitalia. There was an offset problem. The GP shell offset was 0.01 cm, and all that staints disappeared when I set that to 0.027. Thanks no__name for that tip.
There was a bunch of visibility settings too, I can't count at the end. Not to mention that my fixing method was pretty slow (try one settings, adjust, render, check, repeat)
But finally, here is the result:

test_pose_d.jpg

Oh, and not to leave without question: how can I remove that wet like gleam from the skin? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Oh, and not to leave without question: how can I remove that wet like gleam from the skin? :rolleyes:
The wet skin look typically comes from having low surface roughness. Skins are done via different methods, so you will likely need to tweak the roughness that relates to the skin you have created (dual lobe / glossy etc). You can also lower the glossy weight as well. If this doesn't work, you should try turning off the geoshell as you can get some weird refraction / reflection interactions some times.

Reactions: hencuka
Oct 9, 2018
hey guys, I'm trying to use DAZ for the first ever time, and I can't seem to figure out how to fix these eyelashes, they're really weird and blocky right now. If someone could tell me either how to fix the eyelashes or replace them too. this is the error I keep getting:
resources/dthdr-ruinsb-500.hdr

why are the eyelashes fucked.png

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
hey guys, I'm trying to use DAZ for the first ever time, and I can't seem to figure out how to fix these eyelashes, they're really weird and blocky right now. If someone could tell me either how to fix the eyelashes or replace them too. this is the error I keep getting:
resources/dthdr-ruinsb-500.hdr

View attachment 585146
The eyelashes look the way they do because they do not have a shader applied to them. To fix this problem you need to do the following:
- Select the eyelashes within the scene tab (should be under the character).
- Select the 'Eyelashes' within the surfaces tab.
- Go to your content library and select 'Base MAT Eyelashes' from \Genesis 8 Female\Materials\Iray.
This will have placed the standard G8F eyelash surface against the eyelashes. You can also use any other eyelash shaders that may come with a character pack.

The error you are getting is resulting from the HDR not being present in the linked folder. The HDR is associated with the environment lighting. You can fix this under the Render Settings\Environment, by either changing the lighting mode to dome only or by replacing the Environment Map.

ddeadbeat

Bewbie
Game Developer
Mar 30, 2018
New day - new problem. I was done playing with single character and decided to create, dress(!) and render them both at the same time(!!) in an environment(!!!). Those unreasonable ambitions led to Daz crashing, hard. First time I tried to render the scene Daz didn't crash but refused to render the scene due to some kind of unknown error (I didn't save the log). Next time the renderer worked for about 1-2 minutes and then Daz crashed with the first error. Then I tried removing the environment and ended up with the second error. To sum up, when I'm trying to render 2 clothed figures without an environment, my PC lags like hell, sometime Chrome crashes as well and after 2-3 minutes Daz crashes as well. When I try to render one figure, each one is rendering easily in 1 minute with 95% conv.
I have GTX 1070, Ryzen 5 2600, 8GB RAM.
In those 2-3 minutes of rendering before crash GPU was loaded for 99%, VRAM ~5GB (of 8), RAM - gradually increased from 3GB to 8 and then after it reached 8GB in a few seconds crash occurs.
Have anybody had any similar issues?
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_2.png

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote