3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
I have a minor but weird thing popping up and wondering if anyone else has seen this at all. In my program, I have created the ability for players to name certain characters (pname, pname2, pname3 type of stuff) as they wish. When I test it, I am noticing that most of the time when it prompts, ("What is your name?", "What is your best friend's name?" etc.) it shows an actual cursor prompt like this symbol kind of: | and then you type, etc.

Other times, I don't see the cursor at all and you can just type but there is no little prompt. It's a little strange to me, and functionally people can still type the names just fine either way so maybe it's much ado about nothing, but wondering if there is a reason it does this once in a while?

Oct 9, 2018
Guys, I downloaded a few environments off the internet, but the lighting isn't loading. Do you know what I did wrong? Do I need to redo all the lighting? Here are the environment assets I used.

Lewd4D

Jun 28, 2019
Guys, I downloaded a few environments off the internet, but the lighting isn't loading. Do you know what I did wrong? Do I need to redo all the lighting? Here are the environment assets I used.

Did you apply the lighting? Most of the time you have the lighting settings for the room in a sub folder and you need to apply them first.

ddeadbeat

Bewbie
Game Developer
Mar 30, 2018
Has anyone managed to fix this issue when you have a scene with character, who's eyes have "Point at" parameter, and when you load this scene, character's eyes look not where they supposed to. If you do anything in the scene, they will become pointed to the right direction. But I want to make batch renders at night, so I can't open each scene everytime and "shake off" this stupid bug.
Strangely, sometimes some scenes load fine, it's about 50% chance of happening. But holy shit this is irritating.

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Has anyone managed to fix this issue when you have a scene with character, who's eyes have "Point at" parameter, and when you load this scene, character's eyes look not where they supposed to. If you do anything in the scene, they will become pointed to the right direction. But I want to make batch renders at night, so I can't open each scene everytime and "shake off" this stupid bug.
Strangely, sometimes some scenes load fine, it's about 50% chance of happening. But holy shit this is irritating.
I had this randomly happen once in a while too. I never really figured it out. I started using that program where you can just "Look at me" where you move to the exact spot I want the eyes to look at manually and I just ran that instead.

ddeadbeat

Bewbie
Game Developer
Mar 30, 2018
I had this randomly happen once in a while too. I never really figured it out. I started using that program where you can just "Look at me" where you move to the exact spot I want the eyes to look at manually and I just ran that instead.
Could you explain a bit more, what program is that?

Black Ram oss

Black Ram
Game Developer
May 10, 2018
Can I make an element (example: a sofa) invisible, to obtain the shadows of the objects above?
or is there a way to create shadows on images, without using DAZ?

Reactions: Flower34234

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Could you explain a bit more, what program is that?
I think the program is called "Look at Me II Pose Control" it allows you to manually adjust where people look and I like it because it's very fast to just move to the exact spot and then you character will look at that exact spot and their head and eyes may turn etc to match. You can also have them look at objects, or two characters right at each other, etc.

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
Can I make an element (example: a sofa) invisible, to obtain the shadows of the objects above?
or is there a way to create shadows on images, without using DAZ?
You could try rendering the image both with the sofa and without and mix the two in photoshop, leaving the shadow in and omitting the sofa.

Black Ram oss

Black Ram
Game Developer
May 10, 2018
You could rendering the image both with the sofa and without and mix the two in photoshop, leaving the shadow in and omitting the sofa.
Can "subtract" image with the shadow with the one without and get the shadow, is it possible to do it with photoshop or with some other program?

Last edited:

Opal Games

Mar 25, 2020
Hi all

Sorry if this is an obvious question, I'm a newbie to all of this. Would anyone know how to get Golden Palace genitals for Genises 8 to mix/match/map with Skin Effects: Dirt for Genesis 3 and 8 Female?

I've posted the question over on Renderotica, but found this forum while searching for answers so thought I'd try here too.

Thanks for your time and help :)

Black Ram oss

Black Ram
Game Developer
May 10, 2018
Sorry if this is an obvious question, I'm a newbie to all of this. Would anyone know how to get Golden Palace genitals for Genises 8 to mix/match/map with Skin Effects: Dirt for Genesis 3 and 8 Female?

I've posted the question over on Renderotica, but found this forum while searching for answers so thought I'd try here too.

Thanks for your time and help :)
https://f95zone.to/threads/new-gens-for-victoria-8-2019-03-08-g3f-g8f.10617/
I am using this, I am finding myself very well.

Opal Games

Mar 25, 2020

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
Can "subtract" image with the shadow with the one without and get the shadow, is it possible to do it with photoshop or with some other program?
you could do it in photoshop, you'd just need to overlay the images, the one with the sofa on top and then mask it out, leaving behind the image below that doesn't have the sofa, just leave in shadow.

Black Ram oss

Black Ram
Game Developer
May 10, 2018
you could do it in photoshop, you'd just need to overlay the images, the one with the sofa on top and then mask it out, leaving behind the image below that doesn't have the sofa, just leave in shadow.
I don't have the shadow image. I have:
  1. the sofa + shadow + object image on the sofa
  2. the image with only the sofa

and therefore I have to get object on the sofa + the shadow or just the shadow

Reactions: BlueDick

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
I don't have the shadow image. I have:
  1. the sofa + shadow + object image on the sofa
  2. the image with only the sofa

and therefore I have to get object on the sofa + the shadow or just the shadow
The part that is confusing me is the "object image on the sofa", do you mean the shadow of something that is on the sofa, an object that is on the sofa, what is on the sofa and do you want whatever that is in the final image?

Either way what you need for just the shadow is an image with the sofa and it's shadow and an image without either so:

Sofa + Shadow
No sofa, no shadow, just the rest of the image

then set them both up as layers in photoshop with the no sofa, no shadow at the bottom, then mask out the sofa from the top layer and leave behind the part of the image with the shadow, this will let the lower layer show through, the layer where the sofa isn't present.

Cul

Feb 25, 2019
Hm, if you search in youtube piximperfect + something you want, you can find most of the common stuff in PS. Though since you already have the picture without the sofa, it can be done in a few seconds.

The way Volta said, like at min 4, when you select that white square, black hides, & around the edges you paint with black to refine it. Otherwise, you can upload the pictures here, if I'm missing something.

If you only wanted the shadow to put it in a different picture, that can be done too, but a few more tricks behind that.

Black Ram oss

Black Ram
Game Developer
May 10, 2018
Hm, if you search in youtube piximperfect + something you want, you can find most of the common stuff in PS. Though since you already have the picture without the sofa, it can be done in a few seconds.

The way Volta said, like at min 4, when you select that white square, black hides, & around the edges you paint with black to refine it. Otherwise, you can upload the pictures here, if I'm missing something.

If you only wanted the shadow to put it in a different picture, that can be done too, but a few more tricks behind that.
the two images are these

mirroxd-nvidia_denoiser.png sofafd-nvidia_denoiser.png

I saw the video, but it seems very long and complicated, is there a simpler solution?

Black Ram oss

Black Ram
Game Developer
May 10, 2018
Vuoi una foto con solo la donna? (using deepl.com hah)

Le ombre su quel muro e quel cuscino sono difficili da trovare, ma fammi vedere.
No, I'm mostly interested in shadows.
(those on the wall don't interest me much )

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote