3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Black Ram oss

Black Ram
Game Developer
May 10, 2018
Hi DarkRape

Golden Palace works brilliant for me normally, I only have an issue once I've used the dirty skin content. It colours the G8 shell, but not the shell for the genitals (I can't get the Daz genitals to work with it either), and I can't seem to get it to work regardless of what I try
have you tried using:
Update The Materials Of New Gens - 3Delight
Annotazione 2020-03-25 151551.png

Reactions: BlueDick

Fervid

Sep 22, 2018
Can anybody explain how to use to make new adult characters like in the product's cover art? I can't figure out how they did it. I grabbed it to try and get some face variety, but when I apply just the face morphs, all I get is these weird cartoon grandmas.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Can anybody explain how to use to make new adult characters like in the product's cover art? I can't figure out how they did it. I grabbed it to try and get some face variety, but when I apply just the face morphs, all I get is these weird cartoon grandmas.
The Growing Up morphs were created based upon the Genesis 8 base model. The issue you are experiencing is that the character model is becoming overly morphed from the base figure. You have a character morph and then another Growing Up morph on top of it. You have to limit the total amount of morphs you supply to the base character to create a good result.

Play around with the applied percentage of both the character and the Growing Up morph within the parameters tab. Note that the Growing Up morph will work better with some characters than others.

Fervid

Sep 22, 2018
Huh. Okay... so even though it says Genesis 3 on the Daz store page I linked to, it's not really compatible with the Genesis 3 adult base figure?

I suppose they developed it using Gen 8, then converted it using one of the tools availible for that?

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Huh. Okay... so even though it says Genesis 3 on the Daz store page I linked to, it's not really compatible with the Genesis 3 adult base figure?

I suppose they developed it using Gen 8, then converted it using one of the tools availible for that?
Iirc there is one version for g8 and another one for g3.

Fervid

Sep 22, 2018
Iirc there is one version for g8 and another one for g3.
Well, the version I have is for the model I'm using. Anything > 25% makes Gen 3 female base look like Lurch from the Adams Family. Actually, it looks like if I add any character's head that has a narrow chin and soft features, they tend to play a little nicer with it and I can crank it as high as 50%.

My guess is they were designed not based on the genesis figures, but based on the child morph applied to said genesis figure. So adult heads with vaguely young-looking facial features (Brittany, Aiko, most Anime morphs, the default "Face young" slider, etc.) seem to play more nicely with it.

I'm not sure if this is how they made the ads for the product, but it should be enough to wring some novel adult character faces out of this, which is all I really cared about in the first place. Players tend to complain when they recognize a stock model.

GrimCreeper3

Oct 21, 2017
Can some one tell me why the presets for this hair doesn't work on G8F

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
I'm not sure if this is how they made the ads for the product, but it should be enough to wring some novel adult character faces out of this, which is all I really cared about in the first place. Players tend to complain when they recognize a stock model.
It really isn't very difficult to create a unique character morph. Merely combine two or more existing character morphs. Say 50% of A and 50% of B. For further details you can check the tutorial in my sig.

Honey hunters

Jan 23, 2020
images.jpeg Hi everyone I'm new to Daz studio , if you don't mind please help me to my character i.e., how to make Panties with Wet ..... ? Please help me how to make Wet panties to my character like this ...

Opal Games

Mar 25, 2020
Can you share what was the solution? I'm maybe interested in too.
Sorry for the late reply. Yeah, I thought I should have added that to my post. Here's the steps:

1.Select the dirty shell in the scene tab.
2 go to the surface tab with the dirty shell still selected.
3 in surface tab ctrl select all the surfaces related to the golden place. There will be 5 or so and they should be grouped together.
4 apply the uber iray shader to them.
5 copy the dirty shell torso surface
6 paste the dirty shell torso surface to the golden place related surfaces that you previously applied the uber to.

Give me a shout if you need a step clarified :)

Reactions: hencuka

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Hi, I need some advice to improve my rendering.
Here is my rendering:
View attachment 608456

I have problems dealing with the shadows casted by the desk and also I am wondering if there's techniques to
render better protraits without damaging the enviroment.

I am using the environment asset from
The light settings is using default hdri through the window, and setting emissions on the lightbult provided by the environment asset.

Thank you for helping.
I think your first step would be to read about 3 point lighting. Other more advanced users may have better options, but 3 point lighting should still be your first lesson. The only other thing I do is adjust the Exposure Value in the Tone Mapping tab of the Render Settings. The default value is 13 which is meant for outdoor environments so, since your scene is indoors, you could drop it a couple of points.

The next thing to consider is the composition of your picture, is the female or the desk the thing the viewer is supposed to be looking at? I'll assume it is the female but she is as tiny part of your image, zoom in to a more interesting position.

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Three point lighting can be used for pretty much everything, it's standard for use in all visual media, including video and film. If your image has a subject you want to focus on, in your case the female character, then 3 point lighting is absolutely an option, it doesn't have to be a portrait.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Hi, I need some advice to improve my rendering.
Here is my rendering:
View attachment 608456

I have problems dealing with the shadows casted by the desk and also I am wondering if there's techniques to
render better protraits without damaging the enviroment.

I am using the environment asset from
The light settings is using default hdri through the window, and setting emissions on the lightbult provided by the environment asset.

Thank you for helping.
Firstly some clarification on 3-point lighting. Whilst it works really well for portraits and renders quickly, it does not create realistic real world renders. By design, it spotlights a certain point on the render.

To achieve realistic lighting for environment renders you really want to use HDRI and/or emissive lights. For the case at hand, as it is an interior scene I would employ the and an HDRI. The iRay Interior Camera brings the exterior HDRI through the walls of the scene and allows you to light interiors via HDRI. It is then a matter of utilising the appropriate HDRI for the scene in question, where you want the main light source on the HDRI to equate to the light in the room. Keep in mind that you will need to tweak the dome rotation and the environment intensity to get the exact result you want.

As far as the appropriate HDRI to use, you will want to grab one of the many studio style light HDRI's. The one I typically default to is iRadiance - Light Probe HDR Lighting for Iray & Expansion 1, 2 ,3, 4, 5, 6.

PS: With your current scene I am guessing that the majority of the lighting is coming from emissive lights within the scene itself. You are generally best switching these off either by hiding the light or by setting the emission colour to black. Note that it is very rare for a room asset to have effective lighting for rendering. They tend to go for realism over effectiveness for convergence. Hence these lights typically only work with >10,000 iterations.

Last edited:

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Hi, I was advised to post here:
Having a problem with NGV8 Expansion pack.
https://f95zone.to/threads/ngv8-expansion-pack-adding-a-new-surface.49313/
You appear to have 2 instances of NGV8 applied to the character. Delete the current NGV8's applied in the scene tab and then apply a new one by selecting the G8F character and hitting the 'New Geniralia For Victoria 8'. This should automatically utilise the character torso map to apply the correct surface to the genitals. Should you change the torso genital map, you just need to select the G8F model and then hit the 'Update The Materials Of New Gens'.

Reactions: Fateful

tanrgith

Mar 16, 2020
Is there an easy way in Daz to see how much memory a scene takes up?

My understanding is that gpu's are far faster at rendering a scene than the cpu, but if the scene size you're trying to render is bigger than the memory size on the gpu (8gb in my case), then you can't use the gpu.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote