3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Shadow Fiend

May 21, 2018
Thanks for the reply. I'll try the gravity adjustment and cancelling the simulation before completion.

Currently I have these 3

i don't have them but i have messed with them also i forgot to mention you must be using "start simulation from memorized pose" it will take long to simulate best simulate them in t pose or turn off "start simulation from memorized pose" for your posed character. avoid these if you have low spec pc, tbh because of these extra step i don't use them myself.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Anyone have experience using dforce hair, specifically dforce hair from ?

I've been messing around with a few of those hairstyles, but it seems pretty time consuming and complex compared to non-dforce hairstyles.

Like, it seems everytime you change the pose of a character, that you then have to simulate the hair so it falls naturally around the character. Simulation time which for me is taking a pretty damn long time every time.

There are some shaping presets for the hairstyles, but those also seem to intend you to run a simulation on the hair

Am I missing something? Or is there a way to greatly speed up dforce hair simulation time?
One of the best ways to reduce simulation time is to ensure that the Collision Mode is set to Better -Continuous : CCD Vertex-Face. Also set the pose transition time to 0. Honestly whilst dForce hair looks pretty cool, it is generally not worth the effort if you want to create a significant quantity of images. Also presents a nightmare if you want to do looped animations.

Reactions: GrimCreeper3

Estreiher

Jan 16, 2020
Hey, is there a way to save teeth as morph asset? I've got Lavinia Vampire ( ) but I'd like to use her teeth on other characters as well. The morph that was added with her is for whole head (what obviously I don't want).

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Small little question, but does anyone have an opinion or knowledge on anything out there really good for specifically saliva? (if say spitting or drooling out of mouth) I've got a few different liquids already but would like to just buy a good one if it can specifically do this well.

Phoenix1177

Lurker
Donor
Jul 14, 2017
Hi guys, just like a lot of people I'm learning DAZ, mostly to create some images for fun.
I have a question about interior scenes. What is the best way to handle windows that are looking outside in the background of the image? Do you use photoshop to add something later, or use some specific interior hdri's? Or do you just try to avoid having a window in the background most of the time?

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Hi guys, just like a lot of people I'm learning DAZ, mostly to create some images for fun.
I have a question about interior scenes. What is the best way to handle windows that are looking outside in the background of the image? Do you use photoshop to add something later, or use some specific interior hdri's? Or do you just try to avoid having a window in the background most of the time?
Imo, there is no real "best" solution, it really depends on the scene and what you're trying to render.

-Photoshop works really well but sometime feel off with the rest of the render.
-Backdrop image if you gonna go fast with no PS but backdrop follow camera angle which can be annoying.
-Instancied props like buildings, skyscrapers or trees, more heavy to render but generally works well.
-Hdri, go from good to terrible, really depends on Hdri quality and scale.
-edit: I forget straight/curved plane with a picture can works too, iray skydome as well.

Now you can mix up any of these and cheat a little (like blurring your image/backdrop or make your windows more opaque).

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2018
hey guys, sorry for the constant asset requests, but does anybody know the name of the character used to model this outfit/have a link where I can download her? 1586633575045.png

wild_spread

Apr 8, 2020
I have a model, and the eyes look too glossy, almost as if she is crying all the time. I poked around in the "Surface" -> "Eye Moisture" and "Eye Socket" settings, but couldn't come up with anything that alleviated this issue.

Here's an image for reference. This is in an empty scene with no additional lights.

Eyes-too-watery.png

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

cnwolf

Jan 1, 2018
Any dforce simulating expert here? How can i simulate just one thing in a scene? I just want a veil to fall of one a Genesis 8 Charackter. Like a cloth on a table. But everytime i simulate the whole scene starts to simulate like an animation (the charackter starts from pose 0 to the pose i changed her with the veil on the head.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Any dforce simulating expert here? How can i simulate just one thing in a scene? I just want a veil to fall of one a Genesis 8 Charackter. Like a cloth on a table. But everytime i simulate the whole scene starts to simulate like an animation (the charackter starts from pose 0 to the pose i changed her with the veil on the head.
To prevent other dForce items from simulating, hide them using the eye icon within the scene window. Really it's best to just simulate with a single dForce item and any objects to which is relates. To have the item just fall, change the pose transition time to 0 in the simulation settings.

Reactions: ddeadbeat
Oct 9, 2018
Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 4.58.33 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 4.57.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 4.57.21 PM.png

I attempted to install, then uninstall and reinstall multiple times, this one butt morph. However, no matter how much I check to make sure the files are all in the correct location or retry, the morph isn't showing up in my Daz application. The download claims to be a slider, but I can't find it. Can someone please help me out with this?

Here is the link:

Reactions: ZiMMa

Estreiher

Jan 16, 2020

ddeadbeat

Bewbie
Game Developer
Mar 30, 2018
View attachment 618197 View attachment 618198
View attachment 618199

I attempted to install, then uninstall and reinstall multiple times, this one butt morph. However, no matter how much I check to make sure the files are all in the correct location or retry, the morph isn't showing up in my Daz application. The download claims to be a slider, but I can't find it. Can someone please help me out with this?

Here is the link:
I think I have the same asset, only for G8F and its sliders are in Parameters tab, not in Morphs. Can't check for sure atm.

ddeadbeat

Bewbie
Game Developer
Mar 30, 2018
I was wondering for a while a decided to ask: why some people keep using G3 models or others, older than G8? Only becuase there are some assets that are available only for that version, or because they already started their work on that version? Or are there another reasons?
And also sometimes I see assets specifically for specific models, like Victoria 8. Why would somebody create such restrictive path to create assets, instead of using G8F? Just because this model is more popular than basic G8F in some cases? Or maybe everybody is using this mythic Victoria 8 as a basic model instead of (bad?) G8F for some reason?

Reactions: cnwolf

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
I was wondering for a while a decided to ask: why some people keep using G3 models or others, older than G8? Only becuase there are some assets that are available only for that version, or because they already started their work on that version? Or are there another reasons?
And also sometimes I see assets specifically for specific models, like Victoria 8. Why would somebody create such restrictive path to create assets, instead of using G8F? Just because this model is more popular than basic G8F in some cases? Or maybe everybody is using this mythic Victoria 8 as a basic model instead of (bad?) G8F for some reason?
G3 is still used because it had the largest avalaible assets for a long time and there is little difference between G3 and G8 (same UV map, but different bones and slightly different mesh iirc), and you can convert anything G8 to G3 quite easily.

V8 is based on G8, so everything V8 should work G8 and vice & versa.

I'm not sure about it but I think G8 was created mostly for model unification (no more different UV maps, proper rigging structure for animations, facial expression...).

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote