3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

ddeadbeat

Bewbie
Game Developer
Mar 30, 2018
So there's Breastacular graft, which has such feature as collision with other objects. I'm totally in love with it and now I'm wondering - is there the same thing for glutes? So far I've found Glute Control, Squish Morphs, Stereo Love - all of them don't have that real time calculated collision morph feature. But maybe there's hope?

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Hi, this is a render supposedly to be used for my planned game.
I haven't used any lighting rigs in this scene, but only HDRI and emmisive surfaces provided by the enviornment asset.

However, I notice there's some noise spots on the left female's shoes,
so I am asking what's the best efficient and quickest way for denoising?

Thanks.

View attachment 620100
Healing tool with GIMP or Healing brush with PS, it takes few seconds. Or spot render the shoes again with toned down gloss on shoes surface.

Reactions: osanaiko

ddeadbeat

Bewbie
Game Developer
Mar 30, 2018
Okay, I've found one of previous recreation's suggestions in this thread regarding adding mesh smoothing and collisions to the figure and playing around with it. It kinda works as Breastacular's feature, just 10 times slower and 100 times worse :D. At least with my PC it's nearly impossible to achieve accepable positioning, and creating animations is out of the question.
Looks like there's actually no such product (yet)...
Welp, no squeezed asses for me!

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Hi, this is a render supposedly to be used for my planned game.
I haven't used any lighting rigs in this scene, but only HDRI and emmisive surfaces provided by the enviornment asset.

However, I notice there's some noise spots on the left female's shoes,
so I am asking what's the best efficient and quickest way for denoising?

Thanks.

View attachment 620100
The easiest way to denoise an image is to use Nvidia AI Denoiser. If you create a batch file for this program, you can denoise every single image in a directory with a single click. It is not a solve all however and should not be used as a crutch to replace good lighting / surface management. I use it for about half the images I currently create for my VN. Generally images with a number of emissive sources.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
The easiest way to denoise an image is to use Nvidia AI Denoiser. If you create a batch file for this program, you can denoise every single image in a directory with a single click. It is not a solve all however and should not be used as a crutch to replace good lighting / surface management. I use it for about half the images I currently create for my VN. Generally images with a number of emissive sources.
There is something people should know about denoisers. To work correctly denoisers need an Albedo and a Normal pass, noise reducer from your usual image software may even do a less destructive job without thoses pass. Daz3D didn't implement a way for Iray to render an Albedo pass (which Iray is capable) even through LPE. It's quite silly as Daz3D got an in-build denoiser, a Normal pass, and a post-process script... Like all you need but nope :unsure:.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Thanks.
FYI, I just read an article
Turns out I should have turned on "Architectural Sampler" for the interior scene.

Also, may I ask what's your average rendering time for your game CG?
I want to control mine within half-hour or at most 1 hour if exception happens.
Firstly, the best way to get rendering time down is to have an rapidly converging light setup. The main way to do this is to create a lighting setup where lights sources don't compete with each other. Thus if you look at a particular surface of the scene it is predominately lit by 1 light source. To create what looks like realistic lighting in a normal scene, with very rapid convergence, a HDRI is your best option. You can also use HDRI's for interior scenes through the use of . Note that while 3 point lighting also works well, it's for studio portraits (lighting a single object).

The rendering time changes depending upon the scene and the style of lighting. As far as time to render, number of iterations required it really the mark as time depends upon hardware. As a bit of a summary table of what I achieve:

Simple Scene:
- Denoiser: 200 iterations @ 1080p / 40 iterations @ 4k
- Fully Rendered: 1000 iterations @ 1080p / 200 iterations @ 4k

Emissive Sources / Reflective or Refractive Surfaces:
- Denoiser: 1000 iterations @ 1080p / 200 iterations @ 4k
- Fully Rendered: 1000 iterations @ 4k

Scattering Field (cloud / dust effects):
- Rendered: 5000 iterations @ 4k / 1000 iterations @ 8k

On my RTX2060 I get about 100 iterations / min at 1080p and 25 iterations / min at 4k. By fully rendering you, avoid some of the quality loss on the surface texture by using a denoiser, however I always down sample to reduce the effect of fireflys. So based upon the above, my time to render is between 2 minutes and 3 hours depending upon scene. If you are not going for realism, or using scene effects, you should be able to do all your renders as a Simple Scene.

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
I updated to the latest Daz, and the background is now dark grey and no longer the light blue. I can change it in environment settings, but it doesn't seem to be a permanenet change and it defualts back to the grey every time I start up daz or even open a new file. Anyway to make it permanent, I really dislike the dark grey.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
I updated to the latest Daz, and the background is now dark grey and no longer the light blue. I can change it in environment settings, but it doesn't seem to be a permanenet change and it defualts back to the grey every time I start up daz or even open a new file. Anyway to make it permanent, I really dislike the dark grey.
If I understand well (not sure):
Windows>style>customize style>viewport>viewport background color
F4> save layout

Reactions: Yonamous

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
Scene Optimizer Issues.

So I had to reformat the other day, and setting up Daz to get it to the way I want has been a pain. But I did manage to keep my Library. However on characters who have custom skins (which are saved in a custom folder in the textures part of the library). Scene Optimizer will no longer optimize those skins. New characters work fine, but none of my old characters with specialized skins can be optimized anymore - their textures stay at 4096x4096 regardless of what I do.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Scene Optimizer Issues.

So I had to reformat the other day, and setting up Daz to get it to the way I want has been a pain. But I did manage to keep my Library. However on characters who have custom skins (which are saved in a custom folder in the textures part of the library). Scene Optimizer will no longer optimize those skins. New characters work fine, but none of my old characters with specialized skins can be optimized anymore - their textures stay at 4096x4096 regardless of what I do.
Maybe it's a permission issue, check if the folder has the correct writing permissions.

Reactions: Yonamous

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
Maybe it's a permission issue, check if the folder has the correct writing permissions.
That's what I thought, but I have full ownership of Daz, the temp folders and all the Content location. Looking at the Scene Optimizer location where it stores the optimized files; it creates lower face textures (sometimes), but doesn't apply them to the character, and it doesn't seem to even create lower texture maps for the other surfaces (despite saying that it is doing so).
Trying out other characters seems to be hit and miss. I can create a new character and it will always optimize the skin for that character, but sometimes when I create other new characters, it won't optimize that skin. I just cannot fathom why.

Further looking into it, it seems to be creating the new texture and bump maps in the same locations of the original textures and not in the assigned scene optimizer folder, but it still isn't applying those textures after it's created.

Worse comes to worse I can manually add all the textures and bumpmaps since it is creating them. For female character I can just save this using Skin Doctor as an Optimized Skin set so I won't have to always do it manually. But I'm not sure if Gen 8 males have something like Skin Builder that will save the nails, eyes, skin, etc into a single file.

I've had nothing but issues with Daz since reformatting and installing the latest version. Despite writing down all my old settings and adjusting the new daz with them all my renders are taking a whole lot longer now.

Last edited:

F22232425

Dec 2, 2017
Hi, how to fit/resize/remap an image to a screen surface like TV screen?
I have problem with the resolution scaling and position mismatching.
Move the image in the image editor does not seam convinent to me as I have no clues where my image is supposed to be.
Thanks for helping.

Reactions: osanaiko

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Hi, how to fit/resize/remap an image to a screen surface like TV screen?
I have problem with the resolution scaling and position mismatching.
Move the image in the image editor does not seam convinent to me as I have no clues where my image is supposed to be.
Thanks for helping.
All* 3d models used by Daz have something called a UV map that controls what points on the 3d polygons are mapped to what pixels on the textures applied to that surface.

(*except primitives)

Something you can try:

1. In Daz 3d view or in the scene object list, select the TV object
2. Use the Surface selections tool in the daz toolbar
3. IN Daz 3d view, click to select the tv screen polygon. It should change to highlighted overlay.
4. Look in the Surfaces Pane, there should be one surface that is highlighted
5. Open up the highlighted surface property tree and get to the "base" -> "diffuse" key
6. on the properties part of the pane now there should be "Metalicity", "Base Color" and "Diffuse overlay weight" (and maybe more for complicated surface materials)
7. There will be an image selected for the "Base Color" property. Hover the image to get the full path, then open that path in your windows file explorer.
8. The image identified by the path is the texture that the 3d render engine maps onto the tv screen surface (and maybe other surfaces too.)

You can make a copy the image file, edit it using any paint program you like.
The texture image often combines many polygon surfaces of the 3d object into one file. so the part that is the "screen" might only be one rectangle in a mess of different pieces. It might be trial and error to find it.**
When you edit, you need to place your new screen image in the exact same place (and size) as the existing screen section.
Save the edited texture in the same format (normally jpg or png) with a new filename.

9. Back in Daz, In the Base Color property, click the image and choose "browse" in the popup menu.
10. Select the new TV screen texture image you made above.
11. Your TV should now have the image you want displayed.

** If you know or are willing to learn to use blender, you can export the tv object from daz to OBJ file, load into blender, go to UV map view, select the polygon(s), Export the UV layout to png file. You can use this png as an overlay layer in your paint program to show exactly where the tv screen part lies on the texture map image.

Look at these video for more understanding:
<- about how the surfaces and texture images work
<- about using photo editor to modify a texture image

Reactions: ddeadbeat

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
How do you light indoor like this pic?
View attachment 630154

cool4200
That looks like it's lit with HDRI outside the windows then emmisive planes in side the light fixtures possibly a couple ghost lights elsewhere.

probably the easiest start to cover the very very basics would be

(and if you ever find school locker that shiny and un-fucked up they literally just built the school lol

Reactions: majestax

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
So what's the surface setting to reduce that?
Currently I only reduce half or third-fourth of the glossy layered weight.
Is it good enough or any other options?
'Gloss' can be made with differents mix of layers with Iray.
Mostly Dual Lobe Specular, Glossy, Metallic Flakes and Top Coat.

DAZStudio_qspv4mRXNe.png

wolfgangmami

Mar 16, 2018
Alright here is two questions first one is how can I hide-show body parts like genital because I'm using dicktator asset on daz but while exporting asset the asset is pretending like part of the body and I can't hide it and secondly how can I manage (set) hierarchy for exporting because I want it same as in daz but in the unity everything is different you can look at these pics

Lewd4D

Jun 28, 2019
I think i go insane. o_O

I made a new character and after finishing everything i realize that the face looks much more red than everything else. I can't figure out why but it looks like the SSS is extremely high ONLY on the face. The surface options are 100% the same as the ears (I even copied the surface onto the face) but they work normal.

Does someone know what might be the cause of this?
50.png

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
I think i go insane. o_O

I made a new character and after finishing everything i realize that the face looks much more red than everything else. I can't figure out why but it looks like the SSS is extremely high ONLY on the face. The surface options are 100% the same as the ears (I even copied the surface onto the face) but they work normal.

Does someone know what might be the cause of this?
View attachment 639758
dont know the exact cause but there is a shell of color that isnt changing with the shape of the face contours, you can see very close to the eye it sits correctly, but it's sitting outside of the surface texture on the rest of the face including over the edge of the hair. do you have a specific characters HD applied? what are you using the change the shape of the face?

(cute by the way, I like brunettes)

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote