Deleted member #2743735

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2020
It happens to me too with the Mac version.

If I try to use the Mac version from this site, it gives an error on every save I have and if i choose to ignore it just starts from the beginning; so for the last couple of updates, I just downloaded the PC version and rebuilt it for Mac with Ren'Py SDK and everything works without errors (I can continue from the chosen save).

Did not bother to understand why it behaves this way, as long as it works for me...

Hi

Were you using any mods?

putzseila

Dec 11, 2017
I've never seen such a negative repercussion when it comes to an update (with the exception of Foot Of The Mountains) where the game system has changed in the middle of the project (I understand everyone's frustration). Maybe you should rethink if this change has compensated, because it seems that the great majority of players are very unhappy and may even abandon the game.
However the project is yours and nobody has the right to say what you should or shouldn't do and I wish good luck with the project that I considered excellent until the previous version. :)
Don't take this as a criticism, but as an opinion that adds up to many others that are already experienced in playing this kind of game and that we've seen other great games where the Dev. made similar decisions and were abandoned by the fans.

Good luck. (y)

Reactions: SilenceHill

putzseila

Dec 11, 2017
Thirsty for my guest which ripped a love interest right out of the game.
There was also one I heard of, forget the name but the dev put in a fire scene which forced you to pick one of 2 of the women.

Personally, it wouldn't be so bad if you knew right off the bat, and more importantly, WHO you are choosing and rejecting, not just one single chick.

Having changed this way in the middle of the game passes 2 negative impressions.

1. That each update can be a totally different game from what we started at Dev.'s discretion, changing the initial idea and losing focus. For example: the game can start with romance and out of nowhere turn into corruption and end with all the models turning into prostitutes (it was only a very extreme example that can be lost in such a way that it ends up being senseless and discouraging us to play)

2. Due to the amount of models he ended up demanding a lot from Dev. in order to make a link between all of them and to be able to continue the plot he chose to eliminate them through choices. (I have nothing against the choice, but as you said it should be since the beginning of the game, because this way everything we did until then and everything we invested in the characters were thrown away...maybe this demotivated much more than the 1st case)

All this is the impression I have and maybe others think alike. It doesn't mean it is Dev's opinion.

Reactions: SilenceHill

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Having changed this way in the middle of the game passes 2 negative impressions.

1. That each update can be a totally different game from what we started at Dev.'s discretion, changing the initial idea and losing focus. For example: the game can start with romance and out of nowhere turn into corruption and end with all the models turning into prostitutes (it was only a very extreme example that can be lost in such a way that it ends up being senseless and discouraging us to play)

2. Due to the amount of models he ended up demanding a lot from Dev. in order to make a link between all of them and to be able to continue the plot he chose to eliminate them through choices. (I have nothing against the choice, but as you said it should be since the beginning of the game, because this way everything we did until then and everything we invested in the characters were thrown away...maybe this demotivated much more than the 1st case)

All this is the impression I have and maybe others think alike. It doesn't mean it is Dev's opinion.
OK first, I am not trying to be an ass here, and second I admit I have no clue about daz/rendering.
There was what 3 one second sex loops this update with mum, the rest was images, so no offence but reason 2 seems a load of shit.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Jesus christ the navigation and event triggers in this game are HORRIBLE.
You advance time just from moving which is annoying, on top of that you have no idea where characters are either or whattime they are there so you can completely miss them just because you dare move around and look for them. Also, no event log or hint system?
Example; the MILF says there is a cookout later outside. So I just move between the kitchen and outside and still couldn't get the event because it was at a specific time that I kept missing for DAYS because of the stupid navigation time advancement puzzle.
Think you posted in the wrong thread dude, your acting like this is a sandbox game and it ain't.

Jstain

Pubic Hair Enthusiast
Donor
Jun 27, 2018
Think you posted in the wrong thread dude, your acting like this is a sandbox game and it ain't.
Fuck.
And what I was posting was irrelevant there too because the version was updated without me noticing to non-sandbox... I really need to get some sleep.

• Haha
Reactions: Havik79

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Sometimes in life you gotta take the L.
And with that, enough offtopic for me.
This is why I hate girls who have public hair, all of a sudden you get one up your nose, you sneeze and click on your mouse and next thing you know you're in the wrong thread. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Jstain

acondo

Jul 23, 2020
I signed up for a harem, this ain't it chief :confused: , I kind of feel lied to be honest. Also, even with the little description the decisions are still vague as fuck, who we keep? Who we lost? It is a lottery out there.

Decisions are not per se bad, but this, this is ridiculous, are you telling me that the protagonist have to make the biggest decision in the game right there and then just because he saw a TV series? That doesn’t make any sense, what is the motive? What is the logic behind that?

Finally, I don’t think I am exaggerating when I say that the updates have 5 min of content, so now regardless of what we choose it will be 2 min, maybe 3 min tops?

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
You're thinking of Dirty Dancing IIRC. Never played it because of that choice, no matter how good it is. I'm not too keen on LIs burning to death, or dying in other horrendous ways.¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Also which LI in TFMG was it? I cant remember
Are you sure, someone named their game after a 80s chick flick.
Audrey.

GamleErik89

Sep 13, 2018
Are you sure, someone named their game after a 80s chick flick.
Audrey.
Yup, remembered that's a movie, and corrected. Acting Lessons was the name.
Edit: Oh shit, yeah remember the way shit was left hanging with Audrey now. I hope she returns, but the chances are low for that I belive.

Reactions: Havik79

ptrchp

Oct 6, 2018
Hi

Were you using any mods?
Absolutely not, just downloaded the Mac version from the Mega link in the OP, unzipped and every save I had from previous chapters returns an error which, if I choose to ignore, brings me to the start of the game (where it asks you to name the character).

After that, I downloaded the PC version (always from the OP), ran through Ren'Py SDK to build the Mac version and it worked like a charm, loading all the previous saves with no modifications at all.

As I said, since it was working I didn't even try to understand the error and just continued playing.

If you want, I can redownload the Mac version from here and send you the error text.

Deleted member #2743735

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2020
Absolutely not, just downloaded the Mac version from the Mega link in the OP, unzipped and every save I had from previous chapters returns an error which, if I choose to ignore, brings me to the start of the game (where it asks you to name the character).

After that, I downloaded the PC version (always from the OP), ran through Ren'Py SDK to build the Mac version and it worked like a charm, loading all the previous saves with no modifications at all.

As I said, since it was working I didn't even try to understand the error and just continued playing.

If you want, I can redownload the Mac version from here and send you the error text.

Hi

As long as it is working is all that really matters. I don't own a Mac so I would not know how to support it anyway.

Deleted member #2743735

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2020
I have always looked at Agent 53X as a learning experience. It has never been about trying to make money. I see many people who have an issue with the latest option (choice) from the v0.0.6 release. Since I did not see anyone voicing support for how the VN was written I feel there is little support to keep the Dragon Lust path and Sisterly Competition path. I have taken this choice out of the VN and uploaded the change VN to my Patreon site. I really do not have an issue with this, like I have said before I am new at this and I am willing to learn. For full disclosure none of my top Patreon supporters had an issue with the choice and they had the release for 6 days before the public outcry.

I do have an issue with people who bully or troll just to get their way when they do not like something or simply because of their personality. How can someone spend hours reading through 30,000+ words and view almost 1000 images and not enjoy it? After that they look to download the next update but, they do not like the one choice option. Just not like it but feel they must go and post a 1-star review to trash it. People are just spreading hate because they can, it is that simple. After seeing that review, I really wanted to walk away from this project, but I am not. I am going to walk away from the hate.

This is my last post on this site. Thanks to those who have supported me here and encouraged me. You can find the new releases on my Patreon site.

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
I have always looked at Agent 53X as a learning experience. It has never been about trying to make money. I see many people who have an issue with the latest option (choice) from the v0.0.6 release. Since I did not see anyone voicing support for how the VN was written I feel there is little support to keep the Dragon Lust path and Sisterly Competition path. I have taken this choice out of the VN and uploaded the change VN to my Patreon site. I really do not have an issue with this, like I have said before I am new at this and I am willing to learn. For full disclosure none of my top Patreon supporters had an issue with the choice and they had the release for 6 days before the public outcry.

I do have an issue with people who bully or troll just to get their way when they do not like something or simply because of their personality. How can someone spend hours reading through 30,000+ words and view almost 1000 images and not enjoy it? After that they look to download the next update but, they do not like the one choice option. Just not like it but feel they must go and post a 1-star review to trash it. People are just spreading hate because they can, it is that simple. After seeing that review, I really wanted to walk away from this project, but I am not. I am going to walk away from the hate.

This is my last post on this site. Thanks to those who have supported me here and encouraged me. You can find the new releases on my Patreon site.
I and many other people maybe thought the choice was too vague I mean who's route was it closing? (other than Sara)What sex scenes was it eliminating? and for who?

3.30 star(s) 77 Votes