73lac7c's character mods

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.

dlc123

Aug 5, 2017
does anyone have this mod? if you have it, share it with me please!

dasboosh

Oct 22, 2018
oh so now we are obligated to share the mods for free after some time? and if i dont share them is your job to post them here for free afecting people that actually paid for it?
Not everyone has money to throw at there screen so if someone buys it and wants to share it then awesome this whole paywall on properties you don't even own is bs. I get waiting a bit so you can make your money though that is fair no arguments there, but to modders who do not release them at all well ya this is how it goes it gets shared

Yoshiosoka

Oct 7, 2019
Not everyone has money to throw at there screen so if someone buys it and wants to share it then awesome this whole paywall on properties you don't even own is bs. I get waiting a bit so you can make your money though that is fair no arguments there, but to modders who do not release them at all well ya this is how it goes it gets shared
Ehhh, as far as i know (feel free to let me know if i'm wrong), most if not all of the mods by Metagraphy are made from scraps and at most may take inspiration from somewhere else, like his Tifa mod requested above, so i guess he actually owns them unlike people who just grabs existing models to port them into HS.

I won't deny that, imo, one of the best advertisements a modder could do is to release his works for free after a (reasonable) while since this way they look a bit less greedy and encourage us to throw money at them so they can keep releasing cool stuff, which also sounds like the most effective way to avoid content leaks (like DarkRuler did). On the other hand, going overzealous over the mods and going as far as adding questionable executables can only raise suspiciousness and make them go downhill even faster.

About Meta himself (Getdowncrazyhs2 i'd assume), the mods are high quality and the gold tier is rather cheap, BUT subscribing only to get nothing but a days long wait to get goods that should be there to download right after paying doesn't make any sense (shocker! virtual assets don't have to be made for every single purchase unlike physical goods). That dumb decision on top of those 4 months away achieved nothing but to encourage people to look for other ways to get the mods even after paying for the gold tier; the negative comments on several posts and in the Patreon community tab weren't earned for free after all.

View attachment 1068111
People still buying this Xyth?

I kinda feel bad for Square Enix
I feel worse for people who still buys Xyth's mods despite being overpriced for a quality that hasn't improved in years, his consumer unfriendly business model ("X sent, not a release; the character released this month for which you've already paid will be decided in a cumulative poll" or something like that) and the questionable security measures. But hey! If their standards are low enough to be happy with these despite the drawbacks, then more power to them.

Last edited:

Zanders

Mar 24, 2020
oh so now we are obligated to share the mods for free after some time? and if i dont share them is your job to post them here for free afecting people that actually paid for it?
From personal experience, I can tell you you're fighting a lost battle, one that mega corporations have fought for ages, and have always lost: creators vs. piracy. People who can pay (and who want to pay) for your stuff, will do it. Those who can't, simply won't. I've always made my stuff free (this is a hidden account of sorts), but then compile it and offer it to people who would like to pay for it. And guess what, some people do pay for it, because they like my work. But the work was already free to begin with, I don't paywall my stuff. I just give people a chance to pay for it if they want to do so. That's all.

So, this whole "you guys posting here affects my work" is really a pointless plea at this point. You're much better off finding a different income system than the one you have right now, particularly because the mod world is pretty relentless and you're absolutely gonna do better being on the right side of things rather than fighting a lost cause.

liutu

Jan 25, 2020
Why don't you respect my work too? she will eventually be free.
I know i feed this guy too, but if cuni receive a lot hugs here it's because this guy use this method:
-Patreon first, because they give me money.
-Mods become free after 2 weeks for non patreons users, because pirates will always won, so need to make a war with them.
it's the best way for have a durable and respectable reputation. (and make a good job help a lot too)
So if cuni ask something, that will be respected.

Now you can find a other way to process:
-Patreon first because they give me money
-Mods will be never free, because i'm stupid and my mods are just trash (no quality work)
-Pirates share mods to non patreon users and non patreon users realise my mods are just shitty and really expensive for nothing.
-When they shared, it's always a funny situation because these modders use a non sense process. (ask a lot money for bullshit and try to win the war vs pirates)

El Cabo

Apr 18, 2020
When xyth24 started it was not so much like asking for so much money for his mods, I supported him in his patreon but every time he was asking for more money, greed and materialism consumed him also that as mods he was surpassed by others, maybe alive or want to live only from patreon.

Reactions: Yoshiosoka

Zuhri69

Jun 10, 2017
When xyth24 started it was not so much like asking for so much money for his mods, I supported him in his patreon but every time he was asking for more money, greed and materialism consumed him also that as mods he was surpassed by others, maybe alive or want to live only from patreon.
Same here. Was part of his patreon back in the day but after the whole crowdfunding thing, I just bailed.

Reactions: Yoshiosoka
Status
Not open for further replies.
5.00 star(s) 4 Votes