4.50 star(s) 8 Votes

The_Lost_One

Game Developer
Jul 21, 2021
I'm sorry that's happening to you. As long as you're typing "Deckard Cain", with capital lettering, there's no reason it should be wrong. I can give the code a look and reupload whatever version you're having issues with, but there really should not be any problems... The only one I can think is if you're using a translated version or something and that messes with it.

The translation patches are unofficial.

P. S. I'm doing a massive rewrite of the entire game so far and currently it's in beta available only to Patrons, because I'm not gonna release a half-finished mess to the public. In that one, you'll be able to unlock secrets from replays, so you'll never need to go back if you miss something

Reactions: Dimmuborrgir

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
P. S. I'm doing a massive rewrite of the entire game so far and currently it's in beta available only to Patrons, because I'm not gonna release a half-finished mess to the public. In that one, you'll be able to unlock secrets from replays, so you'll never need to go back if you miss something
Another rewrite again? This'll bonked the saves again then?

The_Lost_One

Game Developer
Jul 21, 2021
It's not "another" rewrite. It's one and only rewrite on a much larger scale than I initially intended. I started it after releasing Chapter 4. There will be a public post on Patreon and itch.io next month to clarify everything. Those who are supporting the game already and/or follow the Discord have a pretty good idea of what's going on.

It won't bonk the saves, because I'll be adding a ton of fixes for those who just want to continue where they left off. They'll just be missing conversation variants.

Also, the ONLY time I did anything that messed up the saves was when I didn't realize I had a newer version of Ren'Py on a laptop that exported the public version of Chapter 4. With the help of some reports, that got solved within a week or so and I re-upped the public Chapter 4 that doesn't have any save issues.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
It's not "another" rewrite. It's one and only rewrite on a much larger scale than I initially intended. I started it after releasing Chapter 4. There will be a public post on Patreon and itch.io next month to clarify everything. Those who are supporting the game already and/or follow the Discord have a pretty good idea of what's going on.

It won't bonk the saves, because I'll be adding a ton of fixes for those who just want to continue where they left off. They'll just be missing conversation variants.

Also, the ONLY time I did anything that messed up the saves was when I didn't realize I had a newer version of Ren'Py on a laptop that exported the public version of Chapter 4. With the help of some reports, that got solved within a week or so and I re-upped the public Chapter 4 that doesn't have any save issues.
How goes things? Been a few months and i'm feeling the itch for an update...

The_Lost_One

Game Developer
Jul 21, 2021
How goes things? Been a few months and i'm feeling the itch for an update...
You can check the Patreon. There's some general public updates on the process and what's been going on. I also respond to any questions asked on Discord. I'm hesitant to post information here because a lot of users are jaded due to so many projects being abandoned.

In short, it's going. Slower than expected because I've had to change my work process due to the now much larger scope of the game, but it is going. There's also more newly inserted content than copied content at the moment.

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes