4.50 star(s) 8 Votes

ecoli

Aug 17, 2017
Seems like a good start, several things are too annoying tho
Walking into an empty room uses up time, it shouldn't and really annoying is not knowing where anyone is so instead of just a list of rooms a map, with a pic of the girl in the room, or no pic if not there like in most sandbox games would improve this immensely, just went thru 2 days without meeting any1, frustrating and not fun
Also in a game with 3 girls with small to medium breasts the only set i've seen so far are the udders that i have 0 interest in seeing, but that seems to be the way with all these games and i'm not that far in yet so here's hoping for more, as Luxe is the only one i don't find attractive, what can i say, i prefer the petite form

ecoli

Aug 17, 2017
yep, nope i'm done, might come back after a few updates, but if i were to rate this now it would be 1 star, 2 at most, still have 1 Sparks, 1 Shadow and 2 BS events, and only 1 secret but seriously even with skip on constantly this is just too frustrating

• Angry
Reactions: fisty123

The_Lost_One

Game Developer
Jul 21, 2021
yep, nope i'm done, might come back after a few updates, but if i were to rate this now it would be 1 star, 2 at most, still have 1 Sparks, 1 Shadow and 2 BS events, and only 1 secret but seriously even with skip on constantly this is just too frustrating
I was expecting the prologue to get shredded on here :) Thanks for confirming the problem though.

This is just a base that needs to be filled up. I already understand the issue with empty rooms and that, along with the hint system, will be adjusted in Chapter 1 (there's at least another 20 events coming in). The thing is, I left a lot of room for future events I already have planned. I'll try and find a way to mitigate the empty space in the meantime.

EDIT: Originally this was supposed to end with the introduction of Big Sis... I just kept adding a ton of stuff on the side to setup other branches of the story.

Also, the other girls will get their fair share of h-scenes, but it has to happen somewhat organically. This isn't a game where everyone jumps at the MC straight up. It's story focused and we're only at the point of introducing characters.

Reactions: Leo-67 and Kudozkie

Challenge

Donor
Aug 1, 2018
My main issue was the same as usual for games with the format: click room, no one there; click next room, no one ...

Having to return to my room after each location is a bit irritating as well. Knowing where people are or at least being able to move from current location without advancing time would at least feel more like I was walking through the house. The uncompleted quest hints have already been mentioned.

The dialog is great, by the way. and the idea that the other characters acknowledge the internal dialog lag in his response is well played. Looking forward to seeing where your going with this

Reactions: Bob Jared

PsybehrWolf

Apr 16, 2020
Played through, and got everything completed, though there are certain ones that don't clear out, 2 for Luxe (Sparks in the Kitchen and The Secret Room, both stay green though cleared), one for Big Sis (Family Resemblance, even after going through a few times, stays green, and you can click on it still), plus only two of the Secrets unlocked, 2nd and 4th, not sure how the other 2 unlock. I must say though, all-in-all, it's a way thought-out, and well-crafted game, and I am looking forward to Chapter 1 when it is ready!

ChingChang

May 13, 2018
For those of you who noticed a bug with Luxe's conversation events not registering correctly in her profile - I believe I've found the reason!

Because of the huge window in her room, I felt the need to make an evening version of her events for the sake immersion. I'm almost certain this duplicate set of events is what's causing the triggers to not register correctly. Technically, if you trigger something in the evening, the game can't replay the day scene, since it hasn't occurred yet.
I wonder if this is the same reason that Family Resemblance is failing to flag as completed for most people (including me): the main hall also has an evening variant, and the extended version of Family Resemblance only ever seems to occur then.

I also can't seem to find the first (top-left) secret, although obviously I can't tell if it's actually bugged or if I just haven't found the right unlock requirements yet. I currently have all of the girls at 30+ Trust, I have all other events/secrets flagged as completed (except Family Resemblance), and I've visited every location at every time of day, but it still won't trigger.

The_Lost_One

Game Developer
Jul 21, 2021
I wonder if this is the same reason that Family Resemblance is failing to flag as completed for most people (including me): the main hall also has an evening variant, and the extended version of Family Resemblance only ever seems to occur then.
It shouldn't be. I'll look into that one. It's a slightly experimental approach where the event stops half-way unless you have 2 specific requirements: Big Sis Trust at 10+ and have visited the Main Hall when it's empty. Instead of the "Kiddo" comment, you get more text. There might be some replay or trigger issue with it.

I also can't seem to find the first (top-left) secret, although obviously I can't tell if it's actually bugged or if I just haven't found the right unlock requirements yet. I currently have all of the girls at 30+ Trust, I have all other events/secrets flagged as completed (except Family Resemblance), and I've visited every location at every time of day, but it still won't trigger.
The secrets are the one thing you're gonna hate me for :) At least for now. It's possible to miss them, especially that first one if you're a nice person. It depends on how...determined...you are to find out more about Shadow when you first talk to her. I will make a supplemental guide for those with Chapter 1 (there's more to come too), but I also kind of want them to be something players need to discuss among themselves. Like hidden achievements in a game.

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
this is an unofficial android port A Better Place [Prologue] APK -

The_Lost_One

Game Developer
Jul 21, 2021
this is an unofficial android port A Better Place [Prologue] APK - MEGA
Thanks for that :) I'll be making an official android version at some point after Chapter 1. I want to test it properly and make sure all the graphics and menus are behaving the way I want them to.

In the meantime, much appreciated!

Reactions: caxhub

HrostFall

May 11, 2021
Good game if the developer decides to remove all ntr/rape. You just had to make the protag not a spineless asshole that does everything everyone ever says but we dont ever get an actual choice. Wow nevermind. Dev is a mindless dumbass cuck. Letting everyone walk all over you, letting your girls be raped/dominated. Should absolutely have the NTR tag and i will not be recommending this game to anyone

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Hiarashi

HrostFall

May 11, 2021
Good game if the developer decides to remove all ntr/rape. You just had to make the protag not a spineless asshole that does everything everyone ever says but we dont ever get an actual choice. Wow nevermind. Dev is a mindless dumbass cuck. Letting everyone walk all over you, letting your girls be raped/dominated. Should absolutely have the NTR tag and i will not be recommending this game to anyone
Also this game just doesn't make fucking make sense which is the biggest problem. Also stop having the characters break the 4th wall unless thats part of the plot. Kinda pissed me off with the whole thing. I know im going to sound like an asshole here but i have sincerely never played a game as terrible as this. The concept was cool but then you just kept adding on. Honestly i stopped playing lmao. Seems like all of the characters were abused before mc was around and thats not fun for me. If thats what youre into go ahead and play the game but if you weren't expecting NTR stay away homie.

Last edited:

The_Lost_One

Game Developer
Jul 21, 2021
There is no actual NTR nor will there be any NTR in the game. There are only flashes of one who girl who suffered before the story even began, much like each girl had her own troubles. That's a huge part of their character and will come into play in the future.

The MC is also not a cuck. The girls are neither walking all over him nor subjecting him to anything he doesn't want. He's overwhelmed as he was thrown into the lion's den and needs time to adjust... Again, part of his character that will be explored later.

I appreciate constructive feedback and sorry you didn't like the game. While the pacing will be fixed to an extent (as stated in a previous post), this isn't your type of story in general, I think. Please don't mislead others by suggesting this is an NTR game where the girls abuse the MC and sleep around with others. That's not even close to what's going on and it's pretty obvious.

Dark themes are explored of course and there is a warning for that at the very beginning of the story.

Kudozkie

Mar 24, 2021
Just tried the game out and I can see so much potential. I love the whole concept of it, the characters are interesting and there's a hint of horror. Although, I wasn't able to play much because an error keeps occuring everytime I load too much. The empty rooms and repeated dialogue are just way too annoying (which the Dev is already aware of).

I look forward to future updates to this game and keep up the good work Dev!:)

Bob Jared

Sep 22, 2017
Story and characters seem great so far. Mechanics need some work but I have nothing more to add about that beyond what has already been said and acknowledged in this thread.

On a side note, being told where the bathroom is seems like an odd thing to require more trust. Just how long is he expected to hold it in? :ROFLMAO:
Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Reactions: Otherguy2012

Bob Jared

Sep 22, 2017
Ok I've found every scene I can but I'm still missing the 1st and 3rd secrets. Meticulously visiting each room separately for five in-game days straight didn't help.

Hiarashi

Jul 27, 2019
This one looks really promising. Looking forward to seeing more content, keep it up.

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes