4.50 star(s) 8 Votes

The_Lost_One

Game Developer
Jul 21, 2021
Hi everyone! I've been absent from here while working on the next Chapter. It's done and the public release is out :)

I've requested ownership of the thread, but until that happens, you can check my Patreon if you're looking for the latest version. The empty rooms/event hunt issues have been fixed. I'll be shortening the repeating events in the next version, because it'll take a bit of code reorganizing.

There's also a brand new Discord server you can join. Not much there yet, but it's a good place to leave feedback and bug reports.

Ok I've found every scene I can but I'm still missing the 1st and 3rd secrets. Meticulously visiting each room separately for five in-game days straight didn't help.
Some of the secrets are easily missed forever and not at all easy to find. There are vague hints in the latest chapter, but I always intended them to be a point of discussion. That being said the 3rd secret should've unlocked if you have every scene.
On a side note, being told where the bathroom is seems like an odd thing to require more trust. Just how long is he expected to hold it in? :ROFLMAO:
That's the joke :D

The_Lost_One

Game Developer
Jul 21, 2021

Check the post below it. I edited the Patron only release to make it public, but that doesn't push it to the top. I thought it would be better than posting an identical one that's public, for organizational purposes. It just doesn't work the way I expected it to.

The_Lost_One

Game Developer
Jul 21, 2021
i really really hate this new trend we get in so many new games. so creative to have LI with dark past where they were abused and/or raped.... big red flag. easiest+worst way to add drama to the story and make the player feel sorry for a girl is to just give her a rape dark past....
lazy writing :sick: what a waste of great renders and cute girls
Just a heads up, there is no rape tag, so I hope people don't come in expecting that to be prominent. Almost makes me want to remove the note, but then someone gets upset for an image that flashes once.
It's still pretty dark... And then nice... And then dark, for reasons that will become apparent later.

Footjob avoidable ?
Yea. I always offer the option to skip any scene after providing enough lead-in so you know what to expect before agreeing.

• Angry
Reactions: HansDampf788

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Secrets and outfits
Secrets are sort of like achievements. Some are easy to find, some less easy, some can be missed etc. Don't feel too bad about it, because if you missed any (like that first one), you probably wouldn't like it. If you're a completionist, you may want to ask others and figure it out together.
Outfits are meant to be the grind of the game, since trust points are fairly easy to obtain. You're not expected to unlock the more revealing/sexual ones until much later in the story. The current numbers are ballpark estimates and subject to change as the game grows.
I'm going to assume that secrets have no bearing on the story at all, correct?

There is no actual NTR nor will there be any NTR in the game. There are only flashes of one who girl who suffered before the story even began, much like each girl had her own troubles. That's a huge part of their character and will come into play in the future.

I appreciate constructive feedback and sorry you didn't like the game. While the pacing will be fixed to an extent (as stated in a previous post), this isn't your type of story in general, I think. Please don't mislead others by suggesting this is an NTR game where the girls abuse the MC and sleep around with others. That's not even close to what's going on and it's pretty obvious.
Personally, if the flashbacks include sex scenes with other guys, I'd rather not see them (it won't be NTR, but I don't want to see it anyway). If they include rapes or the like, I prefer to know to find another game (unless I can skip the flashbacks). I will not see any rape scenes even if it's a flashback, so it's best to know before trying the game.

Sleeping sex is another thing that I don't like and that if the MC does it, I'll only be interested if it's avoidable.

Reactions: RogMR

The_Lost_One

Game Developer
Jul 21, 2021
I'm going to assume that secrets have no bearing on the story at all, correct?
Correct.

Personally, if the flashbacks include sex scenes with other guys, I'd rather not see them (it won't be NTR, but I don't want to see it anyway). If they include rapes or the like, I prefer to know to find another game (unless I can skip the flashbacks). I will not see any rape scenes even if it's a flashback, so it's best to know before trying the game.

Sleeping sex is another thing that I don't like and that if the MC does it, I'll only be interested if it's avoidable.
The image in question blinks for a second only if you choose to insist on hearing more about it. The sleep sex also isn't what you think. The MC is not evil.

However, if you're extremely against dark themes or anything that could be considered less than moral, you probably won't be okay with a good portion of the story. It's not all sunshine and butterflies.

Reactions: Dimmuborrgir

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
The image in question blinks for a second only if you choose to insist on hearing more about it. The sleep sex also isn't what you think. The MC is not evil.

However, if you're extremely against dark themes or anything that could be considered less than moral, you probably won't be okay with a good portion of the story. It's not all sunshine and butterflies.
As long as the MC isn't a rapist (nor do we have to see rapes), neither who is morally questionable is the MC, nor the dark themes are to killing LIs. I guess I can give a try to the game.

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
A Better Place [Chapter 1] [TheLostOne] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC*: 1,12 GB / 299 MB - ABetterPlace-1.0-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 1,08 GB / 264 MB - ABetterPlace-1.0-mac-crunched.zip

Download (PC*/Mac): - Pixeldrain -

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway! (y) Thanks! ;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

*PC = Win+Linux

Tools: YAC v3.1c (hngg@f95zone) - -

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
i really really hate this new trend we get in so many new games. so creative to have LI with dark past where they were abused and/or raped.... big red flag. easiest+worst way to add drama to the story and make the player feel sorry for a girl is to just give her a rape dark past....
lazy writing :sick: what a waste of great renders and cute girls
funny thing is this is exctly why i abandoned "Rainy day" even funnier the revelation in which the daughter was not only physically abused (which was obvious early on) but also sexually abused came out on the day i intended to become a patron. i ended up not patroning cause the update that showed she was a rape victim came out on the first of the month so i figured i'd knock it out before i decided to patron. then i found out that happeneed and decided to abandon the game in general.

i am grateful to this dev for at least being clear about that before downloading the game though. i can handle physical abuse just fine for trauma reasons. but sexual? nah son.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
This looks pretty good. Story seems interesting so I'll try it. The Blond is pretty hot too. I'll definitely have to see where it goes with her.

sergesan

Aug 3, 2018
made my try but the music is as if you were in a quizgame on tv and the palaber gets (boring)!? but why in the hell would i change my place to live in after only a short "do you wanna stay here??" yeah whatever...good idea but sandbox or free roaming....nahhhh love more the normal VN type(storymode)....

• Angry
Reactions: DasGute

The_Lost_One

Game Developer
Jul 21, 2021
Anyways, I think this game really needs less randomness when trying to proc events. Perhaps disabling older events when they've been seen? Even with the character guide, the randomness of everything combined with specific day & time requirements really makes finding events frustrating.
I'll consider that. The randomness is mostly related to side/filler events and gives you something to do while waiting for the appropriate time for the main ones to trigger. It also makes the game less static. There's only 3 different options at most with each event and you can trigger them pretty often, so the time shouldn't be unreasonable.

I am planning on replacing the seen events with short descriptive text in the next update, so they're easier to breeze through. If it's still a huge deterrent after that, then I'll remove the randomness altogether.

Reactions: jhustrue

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
I'm curious, considering the game doesn't actually show any rape or sexual abuse, just hints that it happened to her in the past, is it the character itself that you have a problem with?
the part i'm quoting was where the question should have ended as you went off the rails based on a presumption. i actually had to look up the word "Incel". this forum is probably the closest to social media i use.

anyways to answer your question. it isnt the character that i have an issue with. it's what happened to said character. as i previously said i can handle certain abuse for trauma/story reasons. but there are others i'll avoid for no other reason then im not comfortable continuing the story.

to further clarify. in the game "Rainy day" i abandoned it cause i despised what happened to the character so much to the point i didnt wanna continue. she didn't lose "Value" i just wasnt comfortable continuing. i liked the character herself alot though.

but yeah i cant even comment on this game. if you hadn't noticed i was replying to someone else about a theme in the game while i was browsing comments to get an idea of what to expect from this game based on what was said on the developer notes. i was not hating on this game itself.

if you like the game thats great, i hope it continues and i wish dev luck. aside from that i hope i explained my stance on the subject decently enough.

of course this varies. for some reason i can handle a book,movie,tv series that has sexual abuse as a plot element. but for whatver reason on the VNs...not so much.

Mar 27, 2018
I don't think there's anything weird or incel-y about not wanting to play a game that touches on themes of rape. Personally I'm a sadistic bastard, bring on the brutality and suffering, hell yeah. But if someone feels like they don't want to deal with that in their escapist media, I think that's an extremely normal and healthy preference.

• Haha
Reactions: Look-see

ShadowSpider9

Mar 19, 2019
Ok. I keep running into a glitch where the 'Tit For Tat' is broken. It does nothing after I select the 18+. The weird thing is once it's over I can replay it in the reply menu and select the option and get the content.
I am then able to continue on with the story and continue on with the other missions that require 'Tit for Tat' to be completed but they then also end with no content.
!!!!! ends with Big Sis passed out no matter what choice I make and I am completely unable to do the mission 'and then some'

The_Lost_One

Game Developer
Jul 21, 2021
Ok. I keep running into a glitch where the 'Tit For Tat' is broken. It does nothing after I select the 18+.
Alright, I deleted the first response because I replied too fast before checking the entire event flow of the game.

!!!!!! needs to happen before Tit For Tat. The choice in the former affects the scene in the latter. You shouldn't even be able to do Omniscience unless you completed !!!!!, but... I forgot to add a link between those two events...

The best fix I can suggest for anyone who runs into this issue is to load a save before Tit For Tat and do the !!!!!!! event first.

I'll make it right in the next version. I need more beta testers. :(

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
As long as the MC isn't a rapist (nor do we have to see rapes), neither who is morally questionable is the MC, nor the dark themes are to killing LIs. I guess I can give a try to the game.
Hey this game got my attention, any thoughts so far? I always look out for your insights before playing similar games.

Reactions: BlasKyau
4.50 star(s) 8 Votes