README Tool RPGM A better RPGM MTL: A comprehensive guide to translating with the Machine.

Danny321

Sep 24, 2017
I would definitely try this. think I could learn it in a day, but i'd spoil the game I wanna translate by going through everything so screwww it

Toka3

Mar 23, 2019
Is there a faster way to auto translate CommonEvents with a tool without actually breaking the game
A way where it doesn't mess with any sentences that has symbols
It takes WAYYY 2 long to manually translate CommonEvents HELP!!! ;-;

Stompai

Oct 7, 2017
Only thing I could add, is that the Yep MessageCore plugin, at least the word wrapping option, deactivate the "Line Break" system of rpgm mv (So that it can replace it with it's own automatic line break system when required by sentences going out of the text box).

It mean you need to be careful about how the dev created his dialogues, especially the names of the character who is speaking.
I worked on a project where the name was included in the text box and so the word wrapping option turned it like this by removing the line break :
2020-12-18 05_35_08-Inferior genes_v2.0.png

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
I'm making my own set of tools in Python for editing RPGM games. Writing my own script for word wrapping has run into an issue where some descriptions in ENG are simply too long and can't fit in the boxes even with clever wrapping. Rather than just litter them with abbreviations and hacked up English, I would like to just shrink the font size but can't seem to find that variable. Alternatively, changing the font itself to something less blocky. Does anyone know how font is stored in RPGM VX Ace? I've done a find all for 'font' in the Scripts and Data folder, but the best I can locate is contents.font.size = Font.default_size in Window_Base.rb. Font.default_size is defined nowhere in the files and changing it to an arbitrary number hasn't fixed my issue. Can't find anything defining the used font, or if that is even changeable.

JustXuX

Modder
Jr. Uploader
Jan 13, 2020
Silentce , Thanks for your guide. I was using T++ for my first 2 projects I translated, then on my third translation, I tried to use RPGmakerMV 1.3.1 (because of some Ero_Status plugin), everything works pretty great aside from images and map events not showing. In T++ I can see the dialogues that are not in Common_Events, but I can't in RPGmakerMV. Game is not encrypted, I even edited System.json (encryption flag to false) and to no avail. For now I translate everything I can in RPGMaker then everything that remains in T++. Do you have any suggestions hot to solve this issue?

Jaiho

Sep 26, 2018
I am getting unable to find actors.json even when I moved project file to www. Please help me.

Jaiho

Sep 26, 2018
Enigma vb unpacker is not decrypting game. I have gotten encryption key. Is there any other method to decrypt game.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
It's all ready unencrpyted, you'll need to open it with rpg mv editor or trans ++ to get cracking at it.
As for the pictures use Rpg maker Mv decryptor from github it mainly used for getting pics free.
Was going to say the same thing when i got home. Thanks Flazeo.

CyberiumShadow

Jun 30, 2017
Thanks for the guide!

I'm actually attempting my own translation project now but I'm mainly relying on G-Translate & DeepL and then reworking the sentence so it makes sense in context and grammatically.

How long does it usually take you to finish off a translation?

JustXuX

Modder
Jr. Uploader
Jan 13, 2020
Thanks for the guide!

I'm actually attempting my own translation project now but I'm mainly relying on G-Translate & DeepL and then reworking the sentence so it makes sense in context and grammatically.

How long does it usually take you to finish off a translation?
For me, ~100-130 dialogues in one day. But yeah, it depends.

Last edited:
Reactions: CyberiumShadow

spritzgebaeck

Jun 25, 2018
I'm actually translating "Little Braver" into german just for fun. But i still have the problem that i don't find some texts to translate in the files, like "Quest-Texts" (when you look into your Journal, what to do next etc.) and if i translate the stuff like "Handjobs, Titjob, blabla" all the sexual stuff/encounters your "character" had are way off (like, the numbers are not IN LINE)... someone got any tips or solutions?

I only can avoid this by not going over the letter limit for example:

"Raped: 0 -> Vrgw.: 0" then it fits, because i only used 5 letters like in the english translation.

But if i do:

"Raped: 0 -> Vergewaltigt: 0" it is not in line, please see the picture attached!

not-in-line.jpg
*yes i know Sperma geschluckt is too long anyway, i can shorten that later*

Also i can't seem to find "First Partner" in the files "Actors" either, that's weird.

I am using Translator++.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
I'm actually translating "Little Braver" into german just for fun. But i still have the problem that i don't find some texts to translate in the files, like "Quest-Texts" (when you look into your Journal, what to do next etc.) and if i translate the stuff like "Handjobs, Titjob, blabla" all the sexual stuff/encounters your "character" had are way off (like, the numbers are not IN LINE)... someone got any tips or solutions?

I only can avoid this by not going over the letter limit for example:

"Raped: 0 -> Vrgw.: 0" then it fits, because i only used 5 letters like in the english translation.

But if i do:

"Raped: 0 -> Vergewaltigt: 0" it is not in line, please see the picture attached!

View attachment 1009007
*yes i know Sperma geschluckt is too long anyway, i can shorten that later*

Also i can't seem to find "First Partner" in the files "Actors" either, that's weird.

I am using Translator++.
Some of the on-screen text is not in the rvdata2 files, it's instead stored in the scripts used to supplement the default features of RPGM. In my experience, the Scripts/Vocab.rb and numbered .rb files are the usual places. Quest-Texts might also be stored in the Map or CommonEvents files under a different parameter code than normal dialogue. Some parameters are also defined in System.rvdata2 rather than Actors (note, don't change Switches or Variables as those are used internally, but Parameters and Equipment Types IIRC are only for display purposes). If you have a text editor like Notepad++ you can open all the game files and 'Find All in All Documents' and that works to hunt down rogue untranslated pieces.

The spacing issue looks like there might be some spaces or tabs in the text. Try completely deleting the line, since some text editors don't properly render non-standard spaces that are sometimes used in JPN games and might have been left over in the translation. Otherwise it would also be in the Script files, that menu is probably a plugin script, that defines certain spacing that was designed for the JPN or ENG text length.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
The only problem is this game has no script files.

View attachment 1009481
You'll need to download Ruby to use it, but can get the scripts out as text files by unpacking the project. If you're using RPGMaker to edit, the scripts should be somewhere in the Game Project but I'm not sure where.