Ren'Py Abandoned A Better Tomorrow [v0.40 Part 2] [Gecko]

3.20 star(s) 14 Votes

wronghole

Jun 17, 2017
So... The developer ignores the fact, that some of us, me included, are stuck with the "check on..." quests. Is it a bug? Is there a way to avoid this? Are we just stupid and don't get it? At least some answer would be nice :p

Reactions: krkarr

Gecko_

"Project x"
Donor
Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Ignoring? No. Stupid? No. Posted it twice i think private message me anytime for questions I'll answer. Altho you made a mistake it's not a quest but simply a tip... the last thing you can do in this update is sleeping with Jenny, starting the photosession intro and a small scene with her in the kitchen. Those are connected side events and will never have tips how to accomplish them. Cheers.

Reactions: Jack_Fire23

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
A Better Tomorrow [v0.20a] APK -

wronghole

Jun 17, 2017
Ignoring? No. Stupid? No. Posted it twice i think private message me anytime for questions I'll answer. Altho you made a mistake it's not a quest but simply a tip... the last thing you can do in this update is sleeping with Jenny, starting the photosession intro and a small scene with her in the kitchen. Those are connected side events and will never have tips how to accomplish them. Cheers.
Thank you very much for answering. I'm going to try again, maybe I saw already everything and didn't get it. But it would be actually pretty neat, if there would be a hint, that all major contents are achieved or something like that. I hope you can realise that for the next update, sorry if it's to much to ask, don't know anything about programming games =D

Andrewwood

Aug 7, 2019
got out of the club just fine talked to everyone many times told me about a noise at night down stairs turn on light hit same thing with cell phone, said look in the hall or living room been over both a dozen times cant see anything even been clicking on the dam floor good grief dude what the hell am i looking for (a light source) see the candle stick on the desk it will not click need some guidance

Heykan

Jun 15, 2019
got out of the club just fine talked to everyone many times told me about a noise at night down stairs turn on light hit same thing with cell phone, said look in the hall or living room been over both a dozen times cant see anything even been clicking on the dam floor good grief dude what the hell am i looking for (a light source) see the candle stick on the desk it will not click need some guidance
Click on the TV and take the remote. Then appear in the living room at night as you have already done, select the TV option.

cgehunter

Mar 3, 2018
need help on how to drink the coffee.

update: done with it now stuck on where to get the batteries for the camera

Last edited:

filochard

Feb 1, 2018
v0.24.9 is out for 2$ patrons...

Good day, gentlemen.
So after a month, and many sleepless hours ABT is finally taking shape the way I planned. As I mentioned in my last post, I love to play around with players expectations, and I believe you will pleasantly surprised by the outcome.
Warning though, If you're a new player and want a grindy sandbox game I will disappoint you, A Better Tomorrow is a semi-sandbox game in which events shape the world around the main character (referred to as MC). Some of these scenes can take me a month to make so expect some locked locations (they are worked on!).
The main focus of this update is Mia!
So what's changed and what's new?
v0.24.9
main:

• Main story continuation (Intro to two new characters, Mia-MC relationship, Chloe)
  • Overall UI changes
  • Jenny room overhaul
  • Jenny's room elements interaction added
  • Omega Club overhaul
  • Omega Club interactions added
  • 2nd-floor changes
  • Town map changes
  • MC Room changes (guitar, radio, shelf)
  • added new font (better readable text on brighter images)
  • Improved event log (tips are clearer and should make the game easier to play), MC will also write down his thoughts on prior events
  • added 5 new achievements
  • music will not play in the house (you have the option to choose a song from MC's room)
  • intro for the store owner
  • Mia conversation changes based on all earlier choices (too many to list)
  • Sophia's conversation will change in the main events related to earlier choices (small changes)
  • Sophia early morning side interaction (small differences based on earlier choices)
  • characters will often mention MC's condition (e.g. not showered)
  • MC shower changes (new scenes)
  • Repeat old scenes option
  • Mia repeatable scenes (after the two main events, you'll know which they are)
  • Mia kitchen dinner side scene (after dating)
  • hidden character side scene
fixed:
  • the transition between rooms is faster
  • Jenny jogging bug
other:
  • removed skip intro option
  • removed MC wardrobe
  • old save files should work (I will upload a save file just in case you bump into a bug or you want to jump straight to the new update, place it in game/save folder)
  • overall status changes (now shown on bottom right corner)
  • current location (top-right)
Release dates for ver0.24.9:
  • Donator and VIP - 3 June
  • Patron - 6 June
  • Supporter - 9 June
  • Fan - 12 June
As always, thanks for the wonderful support, some of you guys were so generous with the donations... I hope this update, will meet your expectations.

Download links at this post:

Some previews:

filochard

Feb 1, 2018
Here it is :

Old save files should work, however, use the provided save file if you encounter any bugs, or just want to jump straight to the new update.
Place the file in "ABetterTomorrow-0.24.9-pc\game\saves"

Reactions: m4pII

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
Ah, yes, what better way to make a story-driven VN than to make a sandbox? Sandboxes always have so much story.

• Angry
Reactions: seamanq

heimdal74

Apr 22, 2018
It's been a while since I've been tracking the progress of this game, but it wasn't originally a sandbox, right? it was a VN if I remember

3.20 star(s) 14 Votes