VN Ren'Py Abandoned A Bittersweet Love [v0.1 Demo] [TheWiitzGuy]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
A Bittersweet Love Banner.png

Overview:
Let me ask you something, what makes a good life? What makes you happy and gives you a feeling of satisfaction? Some would say "your loved ones", simple and pure love. Well, I found that love, Jess, my girlfriend, she colored my black and white world with the brightest colors I could ever dream of. But what does it mean when it doesn't seem to be enough? When you've been in the dark for so long, that you can't see the light. Is there still hope to see a change?
One day, decided that she wanted to unite the two best parts of her life, she invited all her friends to finally introduce me to her gang, but well... they are all girls, I was always the one she could trust completely, do I really deserve that trust after everything that is about to happen?​

Thread Updated: 2022-09-23
Release Date: 2022-09-23
Developer: TheWiitzGuy - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.1 Demo
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - - -
Mac: - - - -
Android: - - - -

20_we_should_go.png 42_in_the_cafe.png 68_sarah_party.png 46_in_the_cafe.png 19_i_like_having_you_at_home.png 83_sarah_party.png 92_sarah_party.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Doom_

Always tired
Donor
Jun 15, 2021
TheWiitzGuy Tags have been edited to reflect the content currently in the game. If you would like planned tags to be added let me know what they are. Also if you would like to be able to edit the thread open a ticket and request the developer badge. Make sure to link this thread, good luck.

eightypercent

Apr 2, 2020
Demo looks good (haven't finished yet)... could you make the text size larger please?

Finished it now... the text speed is fine but it displays in a jerky (not always smooth) fashion.

Last edited:
Reactions: ashitanojoe

LoneRanger11

Jul 3, 2020
A Bittersweet Love 0.1 Demo
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with both F95Zone and the developer of this game.
If you run into issues please use this thread or join us on !

We're crowdfunded, !​

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
Another few minutes demo for a first release yet again. You can tell it is rushed, as there are choices in this demo that aren't even implemented yet. Just take the time to make a proper release instead of this under construction stuff. There is no rush, it is a first release. Take your time and polish it and make it worth it before releasing it.

Text is really weird. Even if you max the text speed, it still types it slowly in parts. End up missing some text and had to scroll back often cause of the weird pauses mid-way through them. As well, several parts where the text just goes into auto mode by itself and gets cut off and jumps to the next line before you can even finish reading it. Oh and if you exit the game and restart, it reset the text speed back to slow again.

Choices don't matter either. Chose not to peek at the girl's panties, yet it says I did any ways. And there are choices that aren't even implemented yet, like the girl in the cafe. If you choose to go home, it still acts like you talked to her any ways. As well, tons of single choices (can't stand those). They serve no purpose so why have them? Why make a first release with half the content missing already from the start (the whole cafe stuff with "not implemented yet" choices)?

Jess complains that the twins are getting handsy with the MC, yet the MC is the one who is hugging and kissing them and wrapping his arms around them right in front of his girlfriend after meeting them for the first time. I mean, wtf?

Just way too much inner thoughts as well. Like already knowing what all the girls are like before even knowing them. MC just goes on these long drawn out inner thoughts of everyone and everything. And with the text the way it was, it just made it annoying and boring.

The whole "I was always the one she could trust completely, do I really deserve that trust after everything that is about to happen?" in the description gives me this feeling that we are going to be forced to cheat on Jess without any choice. Otherwise, why say that? All her friends seem like awful friends, as they are instantly all trying to take the MC away from Jess. Especially the twins who are already in a relationship I guess? Talking about having a threesome with the MC already.

Either way, not my cup of tea. Too many issues for a first release. Still, wish you the best with your project and thanks (sorry for the long post).

skrusher

May 11, 2019
Good game, but with a few details that spoil the game experience:

The pauses during dialogues are because of a code "slow_punctuation". In my opinion, it's annoying and useless. There's already a text speed slide for this.

Another thing mentioned. Some text shows up too fast. Again another piece of code, which I don't know but I managed to identify it. I got rid of it and the dialog went back to normal.

Captura de Tela (124).png

I liked the writing and the story, although the dialog has some inconsistencies with the choices. I don't mind the many internal dialogues, they lay out the history. The renders are good with a few mistakes. The only girl I didn't like was Sarah. She is completely different from the rest. She looks like a weird doll. She doesn't fit with the art style of the others.

Anyway, I enjoyed the demo. With some adjustments I think it can be quite interesting. I'll keep an eye on it. Best of luck with the game and thanks for sharing it with us.

Last edited:

TheWiitzGuy

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2022
Demo looks good (haven't finished yet)... could you make the text size larger please?

Finished it now... the text speed is fine but it displays in a jerky (not always smooth) fashion.
Yeah I believe it has something to do with the font, I might change it later to fix this issue, it annoyed me at first but I guess from seeing it all the time I started to ignore it lol, and about the text size, I may try to set it to be custom, I just need to learn how to do it. Thanks for the feedback.

TheWiitzGuy

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2022
Another few minutes demo for a first release yet again. You can tell it is rushed, as there are choices in this demo that aren't even implemented yet. Just take the time to make a proper release instead of this under construction stuff. There is no rush, it is a first release. Take your time and polish it and make it worth it before releasing it.

Text is really weird. Even if you max the text speed, it still types it slowly in parts. End up missing some text and had to scroll back often cause of the weird pauses mid-way through them. As well, several parts where the text just goes into auto mode by itself and gets cut off and jumps to the next line before you can even finish reading it. Oh and if you exit the game and restart, it reset the text speed back to slow again.

Choices don't matter either. Chose not to peek at the girl's panties, yet it says I did any ways. And there are choices that aren't even implemented yet, like the girl in the cafe. If you choose to go home, it still acts like you talked to her any ways. As well, tons of single choices (can't stand those). They serve no purpose so why have them? Why make a first release with half the content missing already from the start (the whole cafe stuff with "not implemented yet" choices)?

Jess complains that the twins are getting handsy with the MC, yet the MC is the one who is hugging and kissing them and wrapping his arms around them right in front of his girlfriend after meeting them for the first time. I mean, wtf?

Just way too much inner thoughts as well. Like already knowing what all the girls are like before even knowing them. MC just goes on these long drawn out inner thoughts of everyone and everything. And with the text the way it was, it just made it annoying and boring.

The whole "I was always the one she could trust completely, do I really deserve that trust after everything that is about to happen?" in the description gives me this feeling that we are going to be forced to cheat on Jess without any choice. Otherwise, why say that? All her friends seem like awful friends, as they are instantly all trying to take the MC away from Jess. Especially the twins who are already in a relationship I guess? Talking about having a threesome with the MC already.

Either way, not my cup of tea. Too many issues for a first release. Still, wish you the best with your project and thanks (sorry for the long post).
I wrote so much this past month learning and rewriting this that I don't even remember where exactly I wrote it, but as I said, I believe in the credits that this is a TEST version, it is not a final first version, this one was exactly for that, to see what I had to change right from the start, other than just keep going and redo half of it later. The choices thing, that was my dillema, I don't like the one choice option as well, but I had to test the waters. I can't do anything about the thoughts and story telling, as it is my taste and is what I have to try and make it different, in my style, if that is what makes it not worth for you, then I guess I can't change it, however I can improve on the other things. The twins are meant to be this way, the ones who deserve little confidence, but yeah I guess I had trouble to transmit the personality I had in mind for the other characters, I fear I was too thirsty when writing the final dialogues lol. The peek choice was indeed lack of attention. My plans are to make every possible thing optional, as I was not satisfied with some details, I decided on waiting before implementing more on the Jess only route. Thanks for the thoughs, I appreciate it.

TheWiitzGuy

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2022
Good game, but with a few details that spoil the game experience:

The pauses during dialogues are because of a code "slow_punctuation". In my opinion, it's annoying and useless. There's already a text speed slide for this.

Another thing mentioned. Some text shows up too fast. Again another piece of code, which I don't know but I managed to identify it. I got rid of it and the dialog went back to normal.

View attachment 2061331

I liked the writing and the story, although the dialog has some inconsistencies with the choices. I don't mind the many internal dialogues, they lay out the history. The renders are good with a few mistakes. The only girl I didn't like was Sarah. She is completely different from the rest. She looks like a weird doll. She doesn't fit with the art style of the others.

Anyway, I enjoyed the demo. With some adjustments I think it can be quite interesting. I'll keep an eye on it. Best of luck with the game and thanks for sharing it with us.
Sarah was the one I had the most trouble to come up with, I still need to see what to do with her. I never messed with renpy or any code really, so I still have some improvement to do. Thanks for the feedback.

MD27

Feb 28, 2020
In screenshot #4 the MC looks like Shaun from The Good Doctor haha, (won't make any further potentially controversial comments about any syndrome)

TheWiitzGuy

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2022
In screenshot #4 the MC looks like Shaun from The Good Doctor haha, (won't make any further potentially controversial comments about any syndrome)
Wth I can see some resemblance, weird thing is that was not the intention lol.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote