VN Ren'Py Onhold A Bittersweet Love [v0.1 Demo] [TheWiitzGuy]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

AlBetGam

Feb 22, 2018
I enjoyed it a lot, OP. There's definite similarities to "My Girlfriend's Friends", another game here, but your game has its own voice and doesn't feel like a copy in any way. The girls are pretty, though as some comments have mentioned a couple of them could use a little refining (I'm thinking of Sarah and Sierra mainly).

One thing I'd suggest is a plainer font for the dialogue, or at least a setting to pick between a simple and ornate font. It's pretty, but an overly flowery or curly typeface tends to just make reading through the game a chore.

robbaniak

Jul 17, 2019
Hopefully the text speed slider moved as far to the right as possible will have the same effect as it does in 99.9% of games, i.e. text will appear immediately.

Havenless_

Oct 12, 2020
For now the incest is going to be about the twins really, I have other plans as well, but I need to see if it is a good idea for the story.
If there is already incest in the game (the twins), I don't think it would be a bad idea to include incest but where the MC is directly involved.

This is just my opinion. I don't know if it will fit well in the story you want to tell, but to me, if in a game there is incest but the MC is not the one doing it with his family and it's about other characters, that's pretty much turn off to me. It's not the same thing. Idk. Maybe it's just me.

Reactions: bcool and Akainu456

Kalsan

Mar 19, 2020
Yeah maybe the dev should clarify some of the future tags, you know the polemic ones. Any ntr/sharing/swinging or LI having sex with other man? Is it going to be harem or pick your girl kind of game?

atrebor68

Aug 26, 2020
I always try these games because:
first version - Romance;
first update - Corruption;
2nd update - Cheating;
3rd update - Swinging.

I'M IN !

• Angry
Reactions: Nospamwss

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
I wrote so much this past month learning and rewriting this that I don't even remember where exactly I wrote it, but as I said, I believe in the credits that this is a TEST version, it is not a final first version, this one was exactly for that, to see what I had to change right from the start, other than just keep going and redo half of it later. The choices thing, that was my dillema, I don't like the one choice option as well, but I had to test the waters. I can't do anything about the thoughts and story telling, as it is my taste and is what I have to try and make it different, in my style, if that is what makes it not worth for you, then I guess I can't change it, however I can improve on the other things. The twins are meant to be this way, the ones who deserve little confidence, but yeah I guess I had trouble to transmit the personality I had in mind for the other characters, I fear I was too thirsty when writing the final dialogues lol. The peek choice was indeed lack of attention. My plans are to make every possible thing optional, as I was not satisfied with some details, I decided on waiting before implementing more on the Jess only route. Thanks for the thoughs, I appreciate it.
Is it about cheating on the girlfriend behind her back or avoiding cheating or is there any other option? Will there be a harem ending or will we only have individual endings? It would be nice to know these things.

jdw6

Nov 30, 2019
tl;dr: Any dev who rushes to get out a "demo" release is not to be trusted to do quality work -- ever! So by rushing to put out something, you've basically pissed off a bunch who might never come back.

There is no rush, it is a first release. Take your time and polish it and make it worth it before releasing it.
to see what I had to change right from the start,
I _was_ gonna say, "isn't this sort of 'test' release supposed to be over in the Development area of the site"... but I looked. I don't see any sub thread in there that sounded right. But I swear I've seen games close to being releaseable put somewhere other than the Games thread to get, as the programmers I know call it, "another set of eyes" looking at it before releasing something.

And... really? You only spent a month on this? That's like a drop in the bucket to some of the time the better* devs spend. The "how to fix that" stuff is in the Dev area -- and if you don't know how to fix something, you really should've posted there before releasing something.

*better, as in they've been around, they release quality, they rarely put out unfinished story routes... something that if you actually stick with it -- AND LISTEN -- you'll get there.

Strong suggestion: put this immediately "on hold" -- or better, ask the thread to be deleted -- and come back in 4 months after you've actually gotten something 20-30 minutes long, have had it reviewed and tested by several, and it's actually worth releasing.

There's an infestation of unfinished, hastily released, "demos" that take longer to download than they do to read through going on lately, and you're getting the brunt of it for being yet another "dev" who has barely learned how to develop anything.

TheWiitzGuy

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2022
Yeah maybe the dev should clarify some of the future tags, you know the polemic ones. Any ntr/sharing/swinging or LI having sex with other man? Is it going to be harem or pick your girl kind of game?
I don't have any plans to include ntr, but for ONE of the girls I was looking into the possibility of including a completely optional sharing route with another character that is to come, but not some ramdom hook ups.

Kalsan

Mar 19, 2020
I don't have any plans to include ntr, but for ONE of the girls I was looking into the possibility of including a completely optional sharing route with another character that is to come, but not some ramdom hook ups.
Is that sharing going to add anything meaningful to the story? Because let me tell you MMF/sharing or swinging is as bad as ntr for harem/romance fans. Why not use the time and effort that you would spend making that "optional route" that most players aren't going to play in something that will actually enrich the game and not detract from it?

TheWiitzGuy

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2022
Is it about cheating on the girlfriend behind her back or avoiding cheating or is there any other option? Will there be a harem ending or will we only have individual endings? It would be nice to know these things.
It's meant to be both, be faithful to the girlfriend or to start relationships with the other girls, you will be able to have a affair with every girl at the same time, but I can't guarantee it won't come to bite you in the ass later, so no complete harem route. However some girls could come to an agreement and work it out together.

Kalsan

Mar 19, 2020
Oh I see this is another of those fake harem games. Well good luck with that and with the sharing. Hahaha

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
It's meant to be both, be faithful to the girlfriend or to start relationships with the other girls, you will be able to have a affair with every girl at the same time, but I can't guarantee it won't come to bite you in the ass later, so no complete harem route. However some girls could come to an agreement and work it out together.
First, cheating on the girlfriend doesn't interest me.

Second, if there is no harem ending, unless some of the other LIs want to form a triangle with the MC and his girlfriend, I have no incentive or interest in starting any relationship with the other LIs.

So if I play, my only interest will be the girlfriend.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote