Ren'Py A Divine Life [v0.2] [Arcane Penguin]

sortakinda

Dec 15, 2020
Hello there! I'm one of the 2 people working on this game, I've already submitted a ticket for thread ownership/developer badge, thanks for checking it out already, you folks were faster at posting this than we were!

I can confirm (as I'm the artist) that it is not AI and I'm honestly surprised at the amount of people thinking it is as personally it is very distinctly not like AI art. To me a lot of AI generated art looks very generic because of them pulling from the same questionably sourced databases etc. and tend to have a rather cleaned out look up until it gets to the general aspects AI still tends to have issues with.

It's been a while since I've really done any art so there are several things I'm not quite satisfied with right now but I'll get back into the flow of things eventually and hopefully we'll make something people can really enjoy.
Played through this 0.1 version.
Art is definitely outstandingly great. Having a usable guide via the phone definitely helps to cut down sandbox introduced tedium a lot. Not going to lie, sandbox-games are tedious if there are no ingame guides and you have to check every location manually three or four times a ingame day to progress a story.

There were some typos and grammatical errors, but nothing too outstanding.

I hope you guys have fun with the development and actually have well defined, realistic goals, so that the game actually gets finished. Feature creep is a devious disease.

Reactions: Gabaw

nxtm4n

Jun 11, 2017
Art looks great! How much content is available in this first version? Trying to decide if I should download or just watchlist.

TeaspoonGod

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2020
Played through this 0.1 version.
Art is definitely outstandingly great. Having a usable guide via the phone definitely helps to cut down sandbox introduced tedium a lot. Not going to lie, sandbox-games are tedious if there are no ingame guides and you have to check every location manually three or four times a ingame day to progress a story.

There were some typos and grammatical errors, but nothing too outstanding.

I hope you guys have fun with the development and actually have well defined, realistic goals, so that the game actually gets finished. Feature creep is a devious disease.
Thank you very much for checking it out!

Cheers for giving me a heads up on there still being typos/grammatical errors, I thought I caught them all when I proof read it but evidently some slipped me by. I'll have to be more diligent in the update.

So far it's been reasonably entertaining to be creating things again, we certainly agree that feature creep is a pox on any game development so we're keeping it pretty basic for now. Most important to us is making something that functions smoothly without being needlessly tedious to play. It's also why ArcanePenguin and myself (as we haven't got a joint name decided yet) haven't specifically stated a lot of potentially planned tags, kinks etc because we'd hate for someone to see certain tags, be excited to see it happen, then be disappointed if down the line we decide we don't actually want to do that content anymore and have their time wasted.

Reactions: Gabaw

TeaspoonGod

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2020
Art looks great! How much content is available in this first version? Trying to decide if I should download or just watchlist.
This is basically just our Proof of Concept 0.1 first really playable state, ensuring things work as intended (hopefully) so there isn't a huge amount of content to be honest, you'd probably be able to blaze through it fairly quickly.

However, just downloading and going through means you can see what we're trying to do with our work and give us feedback on anything. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated as it helps us get an idea of what people think of the game from an external pov.

luoujm

Oct 13, 2021
I dont usually go for 2D games, but those characters look awesome. Really nice art.
Hello there! I'm one of the 2 people working on this game, I've already submitted a ticket for thread ownership/developer badge, thanks for checking it out already, you folks were faster at posting this than we were!

I can confirm (as I'm the artist) that it is not AI and I'm honestly surprised at the amount of people thinking it is as personally it is very distinctly not like AI art. To me a lot of AI generated art looks very generic because of them pulling from the same questionably sourced databases etc. and tend to have a rather cleaned out look up until it gets to the general aspects AI still tends to have issues with.

It's been a while since I've really done any art so there are several things I'm not quite satisfied with right now but I'll get back into the flow of things eventually and hopefully we'll make something people can really enjoy.
It is 3D model render 2D,AI can not do this

OhGodNotAgain

Aug 11, 2023
Thank you very much for checking it out!

Cheers for giving me a heads up on there still being typos/grammatical errors, I thought I caught them all when I proof read it but evidently some slipped me by. I'll have to be more diligent in the update.

So far it's been reasonably entertaining to be creating things again, we certainly agree that feature creep is a pox on any game development so we're keeping it pretty basic for now. Most important to us is making something that functions smoothly without being needlessly tedious to play. It's also why ArcanePenguin and myself (as we haven't got a joint name decided yet) haven't specifically stated a lot of potentially planned tags, kinks etc because we'd hate for someone to see certain tags, be excited to see it happen, then be disappointed if down the line we decide we don't actually want to do that content anymore and have their time wasted.
There are only 2 tags that need to be cleared up from the beginning harem and ntr/sharing (yeah, I'm lumping them together)

TeaspoonGod

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2020
Let's clear up the discussion, backgrounds were made using 3d models as a base and then edited after. Characters however were sketched from the ground up. Here are the general 3 stages of the process: sketch, flat colour testing, lineart and finishes.
RMDsketch.png RichMilfDaughter1.png RichMilfDaughter1CS.png
(If anyone is wondering why the pose changes, sometimes you decide to change it, who would've guessed? heh)

Other than that though, we are currently working on the next update, there won't be any new characters added from our planned roster but just fleshing out some more of the ones currently in.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2019
I see you already said something to the effect of not laying out planned tags, but I still gotta chime in with "is anal planned?"

I get what you said about wasting time, but I'd rather have a planned tag in the comments so I can watch the thread and once it comes check the game out, or just toss it out of the window if it never comes. I've kinda adopted a 1 or 2 year wait period for most games nowadays, so it really does help.

TeaspoonGod

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2020
I see you already said something to the effect of not laying out planned tags, but I still gotta chime in with "is anal planned?"

I get what you said about wasting time, but I'd rather have a planned tag in the comments so I can watch the thread and once it comes check the game out, or just toss it out of the window if it never comes. I've kinda adopted a 1 or 2 year wait period for most games nowadays, so it really does help.
Perhaps I should've worded what I said better, what I meant was that we have some baseline ones we definitely have planned such as the usual oral, vaginal, anal but the more niche ones are still in discussion. The additional ones we have planned for now are harem, voyeurism and risk of being caught. NTR is one that is not in the plans though, it's just not for us.

LetshaveShrex

Dec 9, 2017
Nice release!!! Not a lot of events but easy to follow so far (meaning no grinding)

First question on the playthrough: Where are the "Normal Clothes"? I suppose around the house as the hint says but I'm an idiot
same problem

Pr_om_et_he_us

Sep 4, 2020
So first off, knowing the devs personally, I must say I was very disappointed that they just forgot about me and I didn't get to playtest it before they released this version (big pain)

I'd say seems quite promising and knowing those 2 I assume there is a lot more to be added.

And lastly, naming the characters with memery can lead to some very entertaining dialog.

TeaspoonGod

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2020
So first off, knowing the devs personally, I must say I was very disappointed that they just forgot about me and I didn't get to playtest it before they released this version (big pain)

I'd say seems quite promising and knowing those 2 I assume there is a lot more to be added.

And lastly, naming the characters with memery can lead to some very entertaining dialog.
I blame ArcanePenguin, thanks for helping me find some of the typos and grammatical errors.

same problem
The dialogue stated does suggest where to look first and then the dialogue from there leaves it to you to infer where else to go. If enough people end up not finding it, we'll look into maybe adding a guide in the future.

TeaspoonGod

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2020
Hey dev, will there be android version in the future or is this not feasible ?
ArcanePenguin said he wanted to look into making an android version in the future but we'll be focusing primarily on the core platforms first meaning there's no ETA on it or guarantee if it'll even happen.

Gabaw

Jun 23, 2017
Character art is definitely an eye-catcher. Here's hoping the scenes and the game progress well. Thanks also for your engagement and clear, satisfactory answers for us godless pirates. Good luck, TablespoonDeity and MysticBlubberbird

Reactions: rKnight