PinkNova

May 2, 2018
They look so lovely. Why abandoned though :(
I remember them releasing an update on Discord that something happened irl, but the memory is to vague after all this time. The main issue is by how they're acting in not updating people afterall all this time, and deleting said Discord that they don't intend to come back.

Meloned

Mar 22, 2023
I remember them releasing an update on Discord that something happened irl, but the memory is to vague after all this time. The main issue is by how they're acting in not updating people afterall all this time, and deleting said Discord that they don't intend to come back.
Dang why does this happen, such a piece. Wish they could pass the work to the other devs. Though they're the real ones, hope for the best.

cantpickaname

Jan 27, 2020
Both countries and alot of eastern EU countries have conscription. If hes in Ukraine, hes most likely been conscripted or fled, and those countries due to laws and wartime enforce censorship much more harshly.
Are you suggesting that their discord server was shutdown by the government of whatever country they used to reside in?
Mate, are you just saying things?

riadhloch

Jul 1, 2018
Are you suggesting that their discord server was shutdown by the government of whatever country they used to reside in?
Mate, are you just saying things?
FrapFappers is suggesting that while a Discord server might not be shutdown, it's plausible that if the Dev is in Ukraine that for security purposes (i.e. Russian military hackers) that the Internet protocols for a country-at-war might be so severe that it isn't feasible to try to work on this project and provide updates. Otherwise, they might be dispossessed, without a work space. Their home could have been bombed, destroying all their hardware, and their remaining financial assets are dedicated to survival rather than a new computer. They might have been drafted, or even volunteered to fight, and thus wouldn't have time to devote to this game in that case either.

If they're in Ukraine, there are a number of scenarios that could explain their disappearance, all justifiable. The fact is that we don't know, and in-fighting or insults within this thread aren't constructive.

Instead, I propose that our best recourse is to express our fondness of the game, the hope that the developer returns to it someday soon, and perhaps otherwise discuss either options to revive it or similar games to play as an alternative.

kialera

Jun 1, 2021
FrapFappers is suggesting that while a Discord server might not be shutdown, it's plausible that if the Dev is in Ukraine that for security purposes (i.e. Russian military hackers) that the Internet protocols for a country-at-war might be so severe that it isn't feasible to try to work on this project and provide updates. Otherwise, they might be dispossessed, without a work space. Their home could have been bombed, destroying all their hardware, and their remaining financial assets are dedicated to survival rather than a new computer. They might have been drafted, or even volunteered to fight, and thus wouldn't have time to devote to this game in that case either.

If they're in Ukraine, there are a number of scenarios that could explain their disappearance, all justifiable. The fact is that we don't know, and in-fighting or insults within this thread aren't constructive.

Instead, I propose that our best recourse is to express our fondness of the game, the hope that the developer returns to it someday soon, and perhaps otherwise discuss either options to revive it or similar games to play as an alternative.
But that's not the question, though. The dev could be doing whatever and it wouldn't be relevant here when the question was about the server itself disappearing. A discord server doesn't require the owner to stick around to remain up, so either the server got banned or the owner himself deleted it.

lilgrd12

Sep 24, 2023
Would AI be able to continue this game (and do it well of course) if we gave it this unfinished game to learn from ?

cantpickaname

Jan 27, 2020
Would AI be able to continue this game (and do it well of course) if we gave it this unfinished game to learn from ?
It doesn't work like that yet. Give it 5-10 years and I'm sure you will have some AI assistant that you can ask it that. Today you have to direct different AI tools to create different parts of the game, such as consistent characters, other visual assets, dialogue, plot, and lastly coding. And you will find that it's a quite a bit of work.

Reactions: lilgrd12

riadhloch

Jul 1, 2018
That said, AI generated content is learning at an exponential rate. For example:

cantpickaname

Jan 27, 2020
Last that I'll derail this thread on the topic of AI, but give this a watch.

Thanks, I had seen it already. Not that we should, but there isn't much of a thread left in here to detail. It's always the same two things:
1. People who just found the game wondering why it's abandoned
2. People who just realized the connection between the name of the game and the state of the game.

4.50 star(s) 48 Votes