Mod Ren'Py A Familiar(Family) Venture v0.05b [Incest Patch/Mod by D.S.-sama]

Mossrock

Jul 23, 2018
It does replace some names for example Jakie to Mom, sometimes even in dialogues, other times PC is still referred to as "ward", and some scenes still describe how PC's mom died and the "landlady" isn't the mother.

It's not exactly functional.

Derbaer

Aug 12, 2018
Does anyone know when the new patch will be out? Just working for 5a not 5b

Edit: nvm, I was just too stupid to activate it...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: fortuna95

Derbaer

Aug 12, 2018
But another question, the Christmas event is not patched, anyone knows a fix to this?
Ok, I just found out that it works for the Christmas event. It is just not complete. The first dialogues are about roommates. The same goes for Lauren's one TV event (3rd TV event after BJ). She also says we are roommates. And lataer for deep throat also roommate.

Another flaw is Sidney's Club event. Sidney says landlord once instead of mom.

In Sidneys park events are also flaws.

Talking to Matt and Megan in the school (talk to mom about oedipus complex) also has flaws in it.

Also goes for the Camille event in the kitchen.

Last edited:

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
There are some flaws in the patch... after the first night in the strip club mom says she got a miscarriage and couldn't have children, so the MC is not her real son.
could be the son was born first then the miscarriage happened later?use your imagination when all else fails

mtmes

Mar 16, 2019
activate the incest patch in the top right corner of the phone (switch green light to red) but I don't have the money cheat either

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
Hey D.S.-sama , haven't seen you around lately. Are you still active? :)

Just curious because the alpha 0.06 just dropped, so the official will be out soon.

uodenim

Nov 2, 2017
I haven't played the game but was looking into it out of interest. The v0.06a behind the Mega link in the thread contains an incest patch for the 0.05a version. It's not the same one as the one created by D.S.-sama.

More interesting is the fact that the main script file for 0.06a is filled with if-clauses that check for a variable that triggers the incest patch; 183 checks vs only a handful in all the other versions combined. This makes me believe that the 0.06a being distributed on this forum doesn't need a new patch.

Example from the code:

if persistent.patreonsafe:
AD "Would you please do me a favor and go get [mom_name]?"
else:
AD "Would you please do me a favor and go get your mom?"

and

RT "{i}It's amazing how little [mom_name] knows me.{/i}"
else:
RT "{i}It's amazing how little my own mother knows me.{/i}"

Perhaps this is a release from Subscribestar and the developer applied his own patch specifically for that platform.

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
I haven't played the game but was looking into it out of interest. The v0.06a behind the Mega link in the thread contains an incest patch for the 0.05a version. It's not the same one as the one created by D.S.-sama.

More interesting is the fact that the main script file for 0.06a is filled with if-clauses that check for a variable that triggers the incest patch; 183 checks vs only a handful in all the other versions combined. This makes me believe that the 0.06a being distributed on this forum doesn't need a new patch.

Example from the code:

AD "Would you please do me a favor and go get [mom_name]?"
else:
AD "Would you please do me a favor and go get your mom?"

and

RT "{i}It's amazing how little [mom_name] knows me.{/i}"
else:
RT "{i}It's amazing how little my own mother knows me.{/i}"

Perhaps this is a release from Subscribestar and the developer applied his own patch specifically for that platform.
Unfortunately this patch added to the version 0.06a it doesn't work properly, it changes Jacky's name to Mom but unfortunately, the dialogues in the game often do not coincide with the idea of this patch because they sound as if MC is not a biological son and which is quite noticeable even if you change your MC name to your own, in many dialogues the default name Ryan is still used so in conclusion this new version requires a new much better and working version of the incest patch.

uodenim

Nov 2, 2017
Unfortunately this patch added to the version 0.06a it doesn't work properly, it changes Jacky's name to Mom but unfortunately, the dialogues in the game often do not coincide with the idea of this patch because they sound as if MC is not a biological son and which is quite noticeable even if you change your MC name to your own, in many dialogues the default name Ryan is still used so in conclusion this new version requires a new much better and working version of the incest patch.
I quickly checked the original scripts from 0.05 and compared them to 0.06 and there are multiple changes for all versions. When you start a new game it's also stated that old saves may not work properly anymore, so perhaps you need to restart for everything to work properly.

I'm just speculating here as I don't have old saves myself :).