Mod Ren'Py A Familiar(Family) Venture v0.05b [Incest Patch/Mod by D.S.-sama]

TrueNemesis

Oct 26, 2017
thae patch does not work even when renamed
It work if you rename it and then open the phone and make sure when you hover over the light in top corner that its red. If its green when you put your pointer over it click it and it should turn red then the patch is working.

r3ck5

Mar 19, 2017
Does the 0.05 patch only work with the "full" release or the current beta version should work? Cause some scenes it seems to work, but others don't. For example, during the breakfasts, Ryan calls Jacky "Mom" but in the club with Sydney, it does not work cause she calls him "roommate".

bluerubber

Apr 29, 2019
There are some flaws in the patch... after the first night in the strip club mom says she got a miscarriage and couldn't have children, so the MC is not her real son.
Sidenote, it's fucking absurd that people have to work so hard just because Patreon decided ones and zeros on a screen shouldn't be fictionally related, isn't it? Fuck Patreon. I hope a better crowdfunding site comes along.

I would say there are more than a few flaws in this patch. It has so many dialogue issues and conflicts throughout the story, that it is practically impossible not to forget it is a usermade mod not yet fully integrated. That said, I couldn't agree more with you that the whole idea of anyone needing one is completely absurd. It should be a built in option at worst, but the politically correct dollars win yet again....

Don't get me wrong, I am always very appreciative and greatful for anyone that takes the time to circumvent censorship hurdles, and I feel no different about the modder helping everyone here as well. I just wish it wasn't so distracting in this mod. Family portrait is still messed up, the afformentioned miscarriage comment, the stripper scene has a few miscues in it, and most of the story has many miscues that pull you out of the story.

The mod is a good start, but it needs more rewriting to close out a lot of loopholes.

Edit: Actually, I just tried toggling the in game switch and it must have reset some of the dialogues. Might be a good thing to add to the install notes that you may have to toggle the phone switch a couple times for it to work properly. It was only halfway working before that (names were changed correctly to "mom", but most of dialogue was not altered fully, so I was still constantly seeing "she's old enough to be my mom" or other variations until I did). Still has some dialogue miscues (miscarriage convo), but not as many as before.

Last edited:
Reactions: H1M and Paprika

HunterSeeker

Engaged Member
May 13, 2017
Does this work with old saves? I loaded an old save and it doesn't have the patch applied to it at all. It'd suck to start a whole new game all over again with each patch iteration.

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
I'm noticing it not working either and the light on the phone is off.

H1M

Jun 8, 2017
The file you are trying to download is no longer available.
This could be due to the following reasons:
The file has been removed because of a ToS/AUP violation.
Invalid URL - the link you are trying to access does not exist
The file has been deleted by the user.

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
i agree the mod doesn't work
It works fine for me as well. If you are in a free roam section, open the phone and click at the top right of the phone. It should either blink green or red. If red, click the info button on the phone and Jacky should be listed as mom. Done. Play on.

Reactions: H1M

ulisesss

Sep 23, 2017
Hmmm. Sorry, but I'm a complete idiot (most likely) or the patch doesn't work properly. I just read the comment above (Regardie). Strange.

Reactions: dav121

over the edge

Sep 3, 2018
this .o5 mod does nothing to change stats? just incest......by the way it don`t work anyway. I put in game folder and nothing shows in game. I was hoping it changes stats......I found button on phone,so now it is MOM

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
this .o5 mod does nothing to change stats? just incest......by the way it don`t work anyway. I put in game folder and nothing shows in game. I was hoping it changes stats......I found button on phone,so now it is MOM
That's all it does. Makes it your family, Mom and two sisters, aunt and cousin. There is a supporter mod that is not here that allows changing the MCs name and a bunch of the stats.

D.S.-sama, while playing the game, the mod seems to deactivate somehow and I have to go back to the phone and set it again. I was going to list some times that you missed dialog but I can't be sure the mod was in effect when I saw it.

ulisesss

Sep 23, 2017
That's all it does. Makes it your family, Mom and two sisters, aunt and cousin. There is a supporter mod that is not here that allows changing the MCs name and a bunch of the stats.

D.S.-sama, while playing the game, the mod seems to deactivate somehow and I have to go back to the phone and set it again. I was going to list some times that you missed dialog but I can't be sure the mod was in effect when I saw it.
Thanks so much, Regardie. And you're right, the phone light goes green often.

Reactions: over the edge