Mod Ren'Py A Familiar(Family) Venture v0.05b [Incest Patch/Mod by D.S.-sama]

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
Why the hell does this need to be activated at all? The fact that someone downloads the mod and installs it to the correct location should be more than enough confirmation that a person does indeed want incest to be restored! If the mod was active right from the start then there wouldn't be reports that the mod seems to de-activate itself for no reason! Seems the only solution for now is to keep checking to see if the mod is still active or not!

There's no mention in the Installation spoiler in the OP about having to rename the file, but I see some people have posted saying that you do need to rename the file to just patch.rpa to get it to work. I haven't renamed the file I downloaded and was able to activate the mod in-game, so maybe the renaming was only needed for an older version?

Would be really helpfull if D.S.-sama would respond to the reports that the mod is broken etc.

EDIT: I decided to check out the Patreon page for AFV to see if I could find any sort of info on there and the first thing I read is an update from WillTylor posted on Mar 11th, the second paragraph says:

D.S.-Sama has been working feverishly to try and re-write his patches for this release. Unfortunately due to laptop problems and trying to make his code work with ren'py, has proved extremely challenging. He then was summoned to go to a work course that will occupy him for a month, where he will not have the use of his laptop.
So I guess it's gonna be a while until there's any sort of response from D.S.-Sama regarding any of the issues being reported here.

Last edited:
Reactions: relativeupstairs829

f95zone

Jul 27, 2017
Was bored and looked into the implementation.

The patch has 2 big blocks
1) Replacing single textlines -> This is the easy mode, simply replacing single lines of text. AFAIS this should be working.
2) Replacing entire scenes (for when its not just a few lines that need changing). This is not working.

I noticed it when I had everything installed and Jacky talked about not being able to have children.
The problem is the config.label_overrides block in the patch is not running. That block is supposed to redefine jumping addresses. E.g. instead of jumping to e.g. "mommorningweekend" it should jump to "inc_mommorningweekend".
I guess something is messed up in the initialization order.

Thats why people see some texts changed, while other texts remain unchanged. Everything thats in the first block works, everything in the second block isn't.
You can check yourself with the developer console: Type config.label_overrides and if it returns "{}" which is an empty object, the inc_ scenes are not mapped.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deezius

razzia

Apr 14, 2018
Hello. Maybe someone can help me.
I downloaded the patch thinking it would enable incest content but I don't think it's working.
Indeed, I was expecting jacky to be mom etc but non still jacky.
Is it normal? Do I need to do something apart from installing the patch in the game folder?

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
Hello. Maybe someone can help me.
I downloaded the patch thinking it would enable incest content but I don't think it's working.
Indeed, I was expecting jacky to be mom etc but non still jacky.
Is it normal? Do I need to do something apart from installing the patch in the game folder?
You have to activate the patch in-game, for some reason this isn't the usual type of incest patch that you install to a folder and that's it, once in-game you have to open the phone and move your cursor near the top right corner where there is a small "light". Look at the third screenshot in the OP to see exactly where it is, click on the small "light" to change it from green to red. If you then check the stats on the phone Jacky should now be shown as Mom. If you take a little time to read back through previous comments (only about 1 or 2 pages back) you'll see that some people have reported that it seems to de-activate itself at random, so you may need to keep checking to make sure it is still active. Sometimes it's worth reading the last page or so of comments because you may get an answer to your question without having to ask and wait for a reply! ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Spacetraveler

locomotor79

Oct 2, 2016
game has bin updated to
A Familiar(Family) Venture v0.05B
could you plz update the incest patch.
thanks in advance

Reactions: arelor

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
Yet if you check the OP, you will find the Mega link is to version 0.5b.
I'm just going by what I read over on Patreon, though it may be that @WillTylor has updated the patch while @D.S.-sama is unavailable. Either way, it's good news if it has actually been updated.

I think this is backwards — I got it to work by toggling it from green to red.
You're correct, my bad. Guess my brain can't accept that going from green to red is activating the patch! :LOL: Anyways, I've corrected my post now so as to avoid any further confusion.

Reactions: tossler

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
Hey D.S.-sama here some lines that should be corrected. Or maybe i should summon WillTylor
Did you check that the patch was still enabled? There have been reports that the incest patch randomly de-activates itself and must then be re-activated. That may not be the cause though since I've also seen several comments stating that there are a number of dialogue lines the patch hasn't changed. Then again, some of the lines would need to be completely re-written because a simple "replace landlady with mom" simply isn't gonna do it! @WillTylor certainly hasn't made it easy for anyone to create an incest patch for his game!

Reactions: arelor

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
Yeah, I like the way Preverteer did Sisterly Lust. In code, game.is.special = True - incest, False - Landlady and roommates. All the code is written with game.is.special checks so it is all there from the beginning and a quick trip to the console switches the status of the game.

D.S.-sama was not the original coder on the game and he came aboard to help Wil out but this incest patch is too cutesy programmatically for it's own good.

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
This game has potential. But for the love of god stop making bitchy older sisters who walk all over MC for no reason. Sidney just made me rage quit this one.
You do realise that this thread is for discussions about the Incest Patch for the game, not for discussions about the game itself? It would be best for you to delete your post here and repost it over in the A Family Venture thread.

is this only a incest patch or can i use other kinda of cheat 2 if i can how?
This is just an incest patch, for cheats you'd be far better off asking over in the A Family Venture thread.

Potoum

Apr 28, 2018
It was updated Monday, and i'm reloading the page every 3-4hours since v0.05b(game) was out...
I was waiting for...
Game Version: v0.03b, v0.03c and v0.04d, v0.04e_Xmas, v0.04f_Xmas, v0.05, v0.05a
--- v0.05b to show up in the OP beside Game Version :(
I didn't think about trying to DL... until I notice v0-05b in the address bar