no one here

May 15, 2017
No I just DL'd the game as was posted without adding any patches. I originally tried patching the game with the IC patch linked but that crashed the game at start, so I deleted the entire game and re-opened it from the compressed file. That's when I noticed all patches already in the folder. I ran a new start and still have not been able to get the red light on the phone. At that point I decided to see if the v0.5b patch worked with the v0.5b update. I could not notice any difference with that either. I played the first two weeks with the v0.5b version and then just started a new game again with the v0.6a without any manual patching. Still no red light so I have just tried to ignore the weird dialogue and play your game.
what the dev said worked for me you should try it

Reactions: WillTylor

Halfbreed

Jul 7, 2017
Maybe I shouldn't have had them as a phone progress event. When I play, I don't focus on them at all, and through the process of doing other things, the girl's libido gets raised, and when it happens, it's usually a surprise because I wasn't even going for it. Or maybe I should put them as the last achievements, and by the time people get around to them, they'll realize they inadvertently completed them already.
You're a good man, Will. They are fun anyway, more sneaky pics are always welcome before they become too corrupted. Or even when they are asleep just to add to his collection.

Can't wait to play the update when it's running smoothly, but I'm loving this game.

• Love

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
the patch is not required to turn on incest. if you installed the patch, you need to remove it. it's build into the base game.

just look 2 pages back and you'll have your answer. follow the normal incest activation instructions or load your game and click on this light to turn it red. red means incest is on
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

can a mod add to the front post that incest patch not required for version 0.06a? it will prevent a lot of people asking why old patches don't work. even when the old patch SAYS they are version specific.

Reactions: prosmoker1

Macinnes

Feb 19, 2020
That's really weird, the only thing I can think of that might be happening, is there some kind of error in your persistent save data. Deleting this, along with your saves can actually fix a lot of problems. It kind of sucks since you lose your saves, but there have been quite a few saves posted on this thread in the last couple days. First, delete your saves in the "game/saves folder, then to delete the persistent save data, go to your C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\RenPy and then delete the folder "A Family Venture" Then get one of those saves off this thread and stick it in your save folder, and I'll bet that will take care of things.
Hmm I'll look into it. I'm almost finished with this update so I'll delete everything and wait for the next one to start over. Thanks for being active on here answering questions.

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
I got a corrupted file, when I tried deleting the game the 'a family venture, game, and save' folders can't be deleted. Everything else is gone. Anyone know how to remove the folders?

elenaNmc

Aug 23, 2020
game started bugging out on me while playing just now. Was working fine, MC's landlady is indeed "mom", no incest patch needed when i started even though there is one to DL. After it started bugging, i can still play but she is Jacky now.....anyone know whats up????..........and how do i raise sidneys sub over 2 so I can move forward with the photoshoots with her??? she's stuck at 2, don't see an event that raises her SUB

ExaltedMidget

Mar 22, 2018
game started bugging out on me while playing just now. Was working fine, MC's landlady is indeed "mom", no incest patch needed when i started even though there is one to DL. After it started bugging, i can still play but she is Jacky now.....anyone know whats up????..........and how do i raise sidneys sub over 2 so I can move forward with the photoshoots with her??? she's stuck at 2, don't see an event that raises her SUB
do the photo shoot stuff again some of them increase her submission

WillTylor

Creating "A Family Venture"
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
Sometimes the ipatch disables itself for some reason. We're not sure why, but it is part of the reason the official release will have a completely new ipatch. For now, until the patch is ready, if you start seeing landlady, tenant, roomate etc... reactivate the patch by opening the phone, and hover your cursor over the light at the top. If it's green, you need to click on it. If it's red, it's active.

A lot of people aren't noticing that the libido submission requirements are "or" and not "and". So, you may not have enough submission, but if she's got high libido, you can do the first 3, which will raise her submission by 3. Then quit before you make her angry, and this will raise her libido too. In the official release, I am going to make that "or" both bold and blue so that it will stand out.

Reactions: giqui and elenaNmc

elenaNmc

Aug 23, 2020
Sometimes the ipatch disables itself for some reason. We're not sure why, but it is part of the reason the official release will have a completely new ipatch. For now, until the patch is ready, if you start seeing landlady, tenant, roomate etc... reactivate the patch by opening the phone, and hover your cursor over the light at the top. If it's green, you need to click on it. If it's red, it's active.

A lot of people aren't noticing that the libido submission requirements are "or" and not "and". So, you may not have enough submission, but if she's got high libido, you can do the first 3, which will raise her submission by 3. Then quit before you make her angry, and this will raise her libido too. In the official release, I am going to make that "or" both bold and blue so that it will stand out.
Thank you so much!!! fixed and fixed. I automatically thought her photoshoot was like Laurens where u need both stats, so I didn't even read it. lol. Great support when the man himself concoting this game shows up in 15mins to answer questions/concerns (y)

Oschmedly

Sep 9, 2016
For those having the inventory crash after you get the book, here is a fix. sorry it is so large, I had to edit both scripts and images to get them to match easiler and keeping it consistant with the game.

elenaNmc

Aug 23, 2020
Save Files for v0.06a
Alright, for all you whiny bastards that keep asking for a gallery or a save, here it is. A 100% complete collection of all save files. Because there is no in-game gallery, I have saves of (almost) every single major decision or erotic scene in-game. The final save file has 100% completion of all events. Enjoy!

MEGA Download

P.S. There are currently over 250 save files; don't forget to click past the 9 pages initially shown in the saves screen of the game. (I believe that the saves go up to page 43)

P.S.S. N7 Feel free to hyperlink this message to the initial post so people finally stop asking for saves. Thanks! :WeSmart:
I can't seem to get this to work. After downloading, you place it in the saves folder, or game folder or what???? I tried both, saves aren't showing up when i run the game....???

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
I can't seem to get this to work. After downloading, you place it in the saves folder, or game folder or what???? I tried both, saves aren't showing up when i run the game....???
Go to the folder
C:\Users\ put your username here \AppData\Roaming\RenPy\
Or search for the word RenPy

Search for the folder AFamilyVenture or something similar

For security, rename the folder by inserting an underline
AFamilyVenture_

In the game folder, in safe, clean and paste the new content.

Last edited:

elenaNmc

Aug 23, 2020
Go to the folder
C:\Users\ put your username here \AppData\Roaming\RenPy\
Or search for the word RenPy

Search for the folder AFamilyVenture or something similar

For security, rename the folder by inserting an underline
AFamilyVenture_

In the game folder, in safe, clean and paste the new content.
say what??????

Someomegalul

Jan 24, 2019
When i try to open the Harry Potter book or what is it called, the game just hits me with a crash report wich says something about the game cant load the book's jpeg. Sorry for my english it's not the best!

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
you're not suppose to open it. you're suppose to go to your room in the evening and it triggers an event. asking if you want to read it.

elenaNmc

Aug 23, 2020
There's some really cool/clever writing in this game. I'm fairly new to games, but have finished around a dozen or so. I've played alot more, but dropped them if I didn't like 'em. I can't say for certain if alot of this stuff has never been done before or not. Ex. the scene that happens after the potter shoot goes online and everyone is DL'ing it, giving their take on it. That part was def written in a clever and comical way. just IMO

• Love
3.50 star(s) 109 Votes