dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
lapdragon has finished quality check yesterday and will made the changes. will gave him a bit more last night and lapdragon will go over it later today.

just trying to say that the game isn't ready yet.

WillTylor

Creating "A Family Venture"
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
lapdragon has finished quality check yesterday and will made the changes. will gave him a bit more last night and lapdragon will go over it later today.

just trying to say that the game isn't ready yet.
dartred is a regular poster on our Discord server. We’ve started posting more on the “general” channel so that anyone can login and follow our progress live. Anyone’s welcome to join the server.

WillTylor

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
I believe the new code Will gave Lap is for the extra event being added to the release.
It’s not the new event. I was just waiting for him to finish what he had before I gave him the last of the script code. What I just gave him is much easier to follow than what he’s been editing. I imagine he’ll burn through it pretty quickly.

I’ve finished rendering the images and animations for the new event, but I’m still writing the script. It might make it into the alpha, but more likely it won’t be seen until the beta build.

Reactions: D Dog

AshramAscendant

Apr 28, 2020
It’s not the new event. I was just waiting for him to finish what he had before I gave him the last of the script code. What I just gave him is much easier to follow than what he’s been editing. I imagine he’ll burn through it pretty quickly.

I’ve finished rendering the images and animations for the new event, but I’m still writing the script. It might make it into the alpha, but more likely it won’t be seen until the beta build.
Our anticipation rises daily WillTylor. Soon our hearts will burst (possibly other physical bits as well!).

Keep up the good work! :p

• Haha
Reactions: WillTylor

Na6game

Mar 17, 2019
about two weeks ago when update progress was 98% i didn't expect new update release on september. and now i think i have to wait 2 weeks more... :cry:
anyway stay safe guys ... it's getting serious even in south korea as known as one of the safetest country in the corona world.
and you too dev. don't get stressed too much. we can wait ... o_O

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
he has a tester already.

no offense, but i think he should stick to just Lapdragon. he can be trusted not to leak and has shown to have quality in his work.

If Will starts letting more people test his game at random, it'll be hard to control leaks since it's near impossible to trace who did it.

just my opinion. ultimately it's his decision.

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
he has a tester already.

no offense, but i think he should stick to just Lapdragon. he can be trusted not to leak and has shown to have quality in his work.

If Will starts letting more people test his game at random, it'll be hard to control leaks since it's near impossible to trace who did it.

just my opinion. ultimately it's his decision.
Dartred! Just what are you suggesting here?

That the members of F95 would take a developers hard work and just... post it with no regard for the devs wishes?!

WillTylor

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
WillTylor - would you be interested in letting us test and submit grammar corrections for free?
Hey Fakeman2603 , I appreciate your interest in helping with the effort. Mostly what Dartred said is right, the biggest issue is that when the game is in too many hands at once, there are too many changes made on each part that it's really hard to integrate it all back together. In fact, mostly, we take turns with the script just to make sure it doesn't get too messy. It's a slower process, but from our experience there are far, far fewer bugs that way. The next step is that we have supporters who pay for the privilege to get a first look at the update and help us test the script. They find most of our mistakes, but still, in a sandbox game there's so many different ways to play, bugs seem to always get past. So once you get your hands on the game, we really appreciate when you communicate any spelling/grammar/bugs that you find so we can take care of them. Even then, we sometimes fail to fix all that get reported, sometimes we get overwhelmed and some reports fall through the cracks. So if we miss a bug that was reported, report it again until we finally fix it.

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
I will add that I went through the last version of the game shortly after release and fixed a bunch of stuff in the game and the ds version of the incest patch, which is needlessly complex, FWIW. WillTylor was going to integrate my fixes in the game for a v0.05c bugfix update that I never saw, so I hope they made it into the upcoming release and only the newer stuff will need to be looked over again.

WillTylor

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
I will add that I went through the last version of the game shortly after release and fixed a bunch of stuff in the game and the ds version of the incest patch, which is needlessly complex, FWIW. WillTylor was going to integrate my fixes in the game for a v0.05c bugfix update that I never saw, so I hope they made it into the upcoming release and only the newer stuff will need to be looked over again.
Thanks again for that help! Yeah, I integrated those changes into this update, we’re not going over any of the older script. It’s all new stuff we’re reviewing. You’ll also be happy to know that DS completely remade his ipatch. In theory it should work better, and be much more simple.

3.50 star(s) 104 Votes