WillTylor

Creating "A Family Venture"
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
WillTylor I had a weird logic error in my game, I don't know if others have had this issue or not, but I thought I'd bring it to your attention. You know your code better than I do, and I couldn't sort out as to why this happened following the code.

I was doing a little save scumming and made a save for the first visit to the pool with Jacky to explore both of the options presented to me. I went with 'show me a dance' first to see the response and when it got the the first couple of scenes where there are at the pool I loaded the save and the option to 'try on swimsuits had disappeared' ( see pictures below ). That's when I started to do some digging, I hadn't touched anything in the game at this point.

As far as I could tell nothing I did in the game would have caused 'jacky_bikini_01' to be dropped from the list or be set to False following the code. I don't know why this happened, and honestly can't sort this myself. I was able to get the menu option back by doing 'inventory.add', as far as I can see, this item should never have been dropped from the inventory.

The variables are from the load of the save file at the moment of that menu option. I attached the save file also, I don't know if that'll help you or not, just thought I would let you know an error that I encountered in your game.

Edit: The only thing I can think of is I might have done the bikini show first, then rollback to the menu option to see the other route first. I just tested this, and this seems to be the culprit. Because the 'drop' is at the beginning of that label it takes the bikini out of your inventory and when you rollback it doesn't get added back in to the inventory. This might help you avoid issues later in the game if someone else was to do the same thing. Just a thought, maybe put the drop at the end of the label to keep this from happening to someone else.
Thanks for looking into that for us. I always thought when you rolled back in ren’py, the inventory items would be replaced, so I’ll try removing the swimsuit at the end of the event instead of the beginning to see if that will take care of the problem.

Reactions: wurg

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hmm not having any trouble getting it to trigger off my save.

If you want you can use this save from the start of the event.

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
For people not able to get the option in the pool event for Jackie to modal the new suit here's the deal.

If you buy the swimsuit and then save, and later load that save, the game doesn't think you have the swimsuit (even if it's in your inventory)
But if you save before buying the suit
Buy it, pick it up, and play the event, the option shows up.

Really odd bug but that's the fix. You can use the following save to see the event. Buy the suit, pick it up, pay the mob, go to sleep and the event will play out with that option.

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
MC need to learn some stamina first.

Will be interesting to see how Sidney's story unfolds. We she figure out he's not asleep and get pissed off. Go back to sleeping on the couch until the MC can warm her back up? I kinda like the two steps forward one step back approach for the early part of corruption games. Make it a little difficult for the MC.

Reactions: WillTylor

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
Actually, while Sidney is leaning over him while whacking him off, I'm fully expecting her head to move a little lower and take his dick in her mouth.
That would be a good way to progress. But I think it would be the MC "waking up" after she filled her panties with his cum, and before she manages to put them back on and accusing her of molesting him too. "It's not what you think!" "It's not what I think? That's not my cum filling your panties that you were about to put back on? I guess I need to tell Jackie that you can't keep your hands to yourself!" "No, you can't do that! She will kick me out of the house!" "Then I guess it's only fair that I get to touch you too."

Reactions: WillTylor

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
We've seen the NTR obstacles for two of the girls (the female FBI agent was a great twist) , I'm looking forward to seeing what Sidney's will be. I'm reeeally hoping she'll end up working with Jackie in the club in some manner if the MC fails to man up.

Like as a drink server or something. Having to deliver drinks to handsy patrons while watching her mom stripping on stage. Jackie would also be in a bad way not wanting Sidney to see how turned on by stripping she gets.

Both the Loyalty and NTR routs have so meany great possibility's in this game. I'm excited to see how the dev sets everything up.

edit: do you guys think Mandy will get dragged into this mess as well? Not sure how that would work story wise, but might be interesting if WT came up with a reason for her to be sucked into helping the family pay off the debt. I think her (Mandy) mom is getting added in this next patch as well which will be fun to see.

Last edited:

MangoMeta

Oct 27, 2018
We've seen the NTR obstacles for two of the girls (the female FBI agent was a great twist) , I'm looking forward to seeing what Sidney's will be. I'm reeeally hoping she'll end up working with Jackie in the club in some manner if the MC fails to man up.

Like as a drink server or something. Having to deliver drinks to handsy patrons while watching her mom stripping on stage. Jackie would also be in a bad way not wanting Sidney to see how turned on by stripping she gets.

Both the Loyalty and NTR routs have so meany great possibility's in this game. I'm excited to see how the dev sets everything up.

edit: do you guys think Mandy will get dragged into this mess as well? Not sure how that would work story wise, but might be interesting if WT came up with a reason for her to be sucked into helping the family pay off the debt. I think her (Mandy) mom is getting added in this next patch as well which will be fun to see.
Not every girl needs a NTR route. It not only doesn't make sense but would be predictable.

3.50 star(s) 105 Votes