Belzeebub$

Dare To Do
Game Developer
May 18, 2020
After playing the last update I felt Spiderman crying.gif

I didn't think we will be losing maddy so early in the game. She was a great motherly/sisterly figure for the MC. I hope she can be revived(by any miracle) or be remembered by all characters for her sacrifice. I don't understand one thing though. After saying(rather promise) that 'she would visit the building next morning' the last night(or evening to be more specific), why did she visit the abandoned building alone. At least with MC towing her, there could have been any different consequence. Anyways, I would say one thing though it was very ruthless for pixieblink to kill one of the adorable, caring characters so early in the game. It was kinda heart-breaking for me. Hope there will be more female characters/LIs in this game in future. The animations (of the statue) sends chills down the spine though. As if watching a horror movie:eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:

oh45

Jul 1, 2017
... The animations (of the statue) sends chills down the spine though. As if watching a horror movie:eek::eek::eek:
I note there is a "horror" tag for this game. (Apologies if you were just acknowledging this...it's tough to catch tone in plain text.)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Belzeebub$

Belzeebub$

Dare To Do
Game Developer
May 18, 2020
I note there is a "horror" tag for this game. (Apologies if you were just acknowledging this...it's tough to catch tone in plain text.)
Yeah, that part was appreciative and acknowledgement(sorry, if my "tone" was deceptive). Only, the demise of maddy was really gloomy for me. Again, I still hope she can be resurrected....

Reactions: Boehser Onkel

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
nice update except sad, those nuns with guns looked wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too young for that profession (this isn't some dirty pair comic) and bartender could be proff's kid.

scrshots:

proff's daughter? screenshot0009.png

Tyrranus

May 4, 2017
solid start but i could seriously do without the sound effects and shit.... ugh that stuff is so annoying

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Btw, how's Isabella coming along?

Uh, the mighty statue has summoned me?
Or the ring?
Or the warrior nuns? :)

Really good story you are creating here!
I like your new style, the story and the renders!

About Isabella:
Finishing chapter 2.3 (=end of chapter 2 and the end of the intro *sigh*), development is on time.
Release will be "soon".

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Game Compressor
Donor
Apr 2, 2019
That's two, Boehser Onkel I have to admit I wasn't sure. I thought I had to repeat the important points several times to drive them home. But it looks like I may have been wrong.

Anyone else? Anyone?
Intriguing, fascinating, gripping. And above all: surprising.

As for the inner monologue: I felt it a natural and most appropriate response for someone being thrust into an ever-increasingly outlandish scenario: from his travel arrangements to being made an acolyte to the ring, and the book. the house, the statue, house again….
Still wondering about Sadie though. Given the rest of the cast, there must be something lurking behind that facade of utter normality. *high-fives Danny*

As for the audio: I like it. And this is coming from someone who prefers to play their games muted.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
That's two, Boehser Onkel I have to admit I wasn't sure. I thought I had to repeat the important points several times to drive them home. But it looks like I may have been wrong.

Anyone else? Anyone?
i may say again -> "for my taste" <- ; - i adapt info´s from text very fast while reading
some people play ,read and ofc skip some text sequences
so you are on the right track maybe if you repeat importend info´s
i´ll look forward on how this story may unfold (y)
thanks for your time and work :cool:

Reactions: Pixieblink

Hornyowl

Jun 4, 2020
Pixieblink said:
That's two, @Boehser Onkel I have to admit I wasn't sure. I thought I had to repeat the important points several times to drive them home. But it looks like I may have been wrong.

Anyone else? Anyone?
i may say again -> "for my taste" <- ; - i adapt info´s from text very fast while reading
some people play ,read and ofc skip some text sequences
so you are on the right track maybe if you repeat importend info´s
i´ll look forward on how this story may unfold (y)
thanks for your time and work :cool:
Same for me. The repetition is a bit annoying. When the MC says it once, I get the idea.

As for the audio: I like it. And this is coming from someone who prefers to play their games muted.
It was annoying for me at first, especially in the church. However, turning the master volume down helps me quite a lot. Muting takes some realism away.

Tyrranus

May 4, 2017
that's why i play always muted.
most devs use only the music volume track for everything, and I prefer my VN with music.... If they actually use the effects and voice options I mute those completely

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
Okay, so the consensus is - Music good*, to much repetition in the MC thoughts?

Duly noted. And thanks for the feedback.
Another small baby step forward into making it somewhat of a better game. :)

* To those are NOT big fans of sound in VN's, this game uses ONLY the standard renpy sound channels, so you can mute and/or adjust to you hearts content.

Reactions: Boehser Onkel

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
Intriguing, fascinating, gripping. And above all: surprising.

As for the inner monologue: I felt it a natural and most appropriate response for someone being thrust into an ever-increasingly outlandish scenario: from his travel arrangements to being made an acolyte to the ring, and the book. the house, the statue, house again….
Still wondering about Sadie though. Given the rest of the cast, there must be something lurking behind that facade of utter normality. *high-fives Danny*

High praise indeed from someone with your background.
Thanks. Any suggestion always welcome.

And OF COURSE there's something strange about Sadie :)
But it's going to take a while for it to shine through.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 56 Votes