• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Hornyowl

Jun 4, 2020
They're likely referring to PhillyGames, the dev for "City of Broken Dreamers" & "Depraved Awakening."
Thanks. I base a lot on the synopsis/overview the dev gives. I have seen CoBD around but the overview never seemed interesting enough for me to invest time in it (unlike Sins). DA seems a bit more interesting...maybe in the far future.

jufot

May 15, 2021
Let me know what you think?
I can't load any of my chapter II saves :( They all crash with:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
I can't load any of my chapter II saves :( They all crash with:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?
Hmmm... so much for fixing the introduction to each new chapter.

Sorry, will be the LAST time I meddle with that.

AT the end of each chapter, there's a prompt to save you game. Those should be working properly. Or at least I hope so. :rolleyes:
or loading anything before the dream sequence at the end of chapter II.

TommyTuba

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
Uh, nope. I've decided (Or rather my Patrons have decided to) focus on A Father's Sins.
New releases will be every 3 weeks or so, depending on how long it takes to create each update.

I was shocked by the Poll results. Turns out I was spending a couple of weeks each month working on everyone's LEAST favorite game? Go figure. Should have actually ASKED my patrons a long time ago instead of assuming I knew what everyone liked.

So for the foreseeable future I will be focusing on SINS.
The PROF II will see another release or two - just to bring the chapter to a gracious conclusion - in my spare time.

Here's the Poll results from my Patreon page.

View attachment 1705093
Please, please bring Heather back before you end the game! She was the best part of the Professor

Reactions: Pixieblink

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Game Compressor
Donor
Apr 2, 2019
Hmmm... so much for fixing the introduction to each new chapter.

Sorry, will be the LAST time I meddle with that.

AT the end of each chapter, there's a prompt to save you game. Those should be working properly. Or at least I hope so. :rolleyes:
or loading anything before the dream sequence at the end of chapter II.
Hm… No, that's not it. Your meddling with the code is fine.

I just created a bunch of saves on the last version and tried loading them on the current one: the ones jumping into intro.rpy will land on the exact line of dialogue they were made on and do remember the dialogue (can skip forward). The ones jumping into day01.rpy however will almost always rollback to a previous label, and do treat the dialogue as new (no skipping). The logical conclusion being that day01.rpyc (the compiled file, mind) is not the one from Chapter II merged with the changes from Chapter III, but a newly generated one instead. That is the single most important thing you need to put on the aforementioned list of things to never do ever.

The above is also easily confirmed by dropping the rpyc file from Chapter II into Chapter III and having the latter's startup merge the changes from day01.rpy into the file: all saves will properly behave, again. And while this is not advisable for player's to do (as subsequent saves will likely also not be loadable on the official version) you yourself could adopt the habit of dropping the rpyc files from the previous release into the current one right before building the latter's release.

Technical details can be gleamed from . :geek:

Jonah Arkon

Sep 22, 2017
Why are the tags under the title different than those under the description? Are the ones under the time those that are to be added or are they already in game? I simply ask to understand the set up of these Forum pages before I add my own creation. Thanks for the in site to all that reply.

Belzeebub

Game Developer
May 18, 2020
Pixieblink I haven't played the last update, but please add an option to bring back maddy. I really, missed her (you may laugh but there were tears) in the last update. I know this game is extremely gruesome, but I hope she comes back in future updates. Maybe she would be dormant in any process or even be aloof in action, but let her resurrect and leave. I know I am a freeloader (and not a patron) but since this is a public platform I just expressed my opinion. Also, I am very grateful for this fast update and look forward to even faster updates. I cannot stand curiousity :LOL: :LOL: . Thanks for this wonderful experience, which is no less than any horror movie. Keep it up....

Reactions: faradhii

Belzeebub

Game Developer
May 18, 2020
Why are the tags under the title different than those under the description?
I think the only difference is magic/superpowers as there is no tag called magic. It is a personal opinion though. There may be actual reasons behind the differences. Good luck with your game/project. Looking forward to experience yours

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
The above is also easily confirmed by dropping the rpyc file from Chapter II into Chapter III and having the latter's startup merge the changes from day01.rpy into the file: all saves will properly behave, again. And while this is not advisable for player's to do (as subsequent saves will likely also not be loadable on the official version) you yourself could adopt the habit of dropping the rpyc files from the previous release into the current one right before building the latter's release.

That's a hell of an advice, I didn't thought about that (ok, I never had that problem in my game)!

Thanks! Always learning something new.

Reactions: Boehser Onkel

COACHRIDDLA

Dec 2, 2018
So I just played this game for the first time and color me intrigued. The story has me hooked and the sounds/music is great as well. Good job to the developer.

Reactions: Pixieblink

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
Pixieblink I haven't played the last update, but please add an option to bring back maddy. I really, missed her (you may laugh but there were tears) in the last update. I know this game is extremely gruesome, but I hope she comes back in future updates. Maybe she would be dormant in any process or even be aloof in action, but let her resurrect and leave. I know I am a freeloader (and not a patron) but since this is a public platform I just expressed my opinion. Also, I am very grateful for this fast update and look forward to even faster updates. I cannot stand curiousity :LOL: :LOL: . Thanks for this wonderful experience, which is no less than any horror movie. Keep it up....
Uh, go play chapter III.
THEN ask me about Maddy?

• Red Heart
Reactions: Belzeebub

frogbert

Oct 15, 2018
I'm semi interested, but is this like joob-joob with all the "zany" facial expressions and weird repetitive animations? I got sick of it pretty quick.

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
Hm… No, that's not it. Your meddling with the code is fine.

I just created a bunch of saves on the last version and tried loading them on the current one: the ones jumping into intro.rpy will land on the exact line of dialogue they were made on and do remember the dialogue (can skip forward). The ones jumping into day01.rpy however will almost always rollback to a previous label, and do treat the dialogue as new (no skipping). The logical conclusion being that day01.rpyc (the compiled file, mind) is not the one from Chapter II merged with the changes from Chapter III, but a newly generated one instead. That is the single most important thing you need to put on the aforementioned list of things to never do ever.

Technical details can be gleamed from . :geek:
I've been looking at what you wrote. AND reading up on it.
I really have to toss you a big thanks for taking the time to post and getting me pointed in the right direction.

You're right, it's because I've been creating each chapter as a stand alone.

Thanks for clearing this up for me. Especially when I didn't even know I had a problem :oops:
Next chapter is in a couple/three weeks, current saves from Chapter III should work just fine.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Hordragg
4.20 star(s) 56 Votes