2.40 star(s) 10 Votes

F1forhalp

SOTD: Peter Gabriel - Family Snapshot (live)
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
i take it that it doesn't really count as 'paywalled' if the dev himself provides a patch for the updates, after a reasonable delay. imo 1 or 2 weeks is still reasonable. other people might see it different.
other devs are following a comparable path with tiered releases and delayed public versions for the goodies. well, that's not really as much here on F95 but still, it's prety common.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
It's an absurd discussion. The dev provides the free version and then a patch a couple of weeks later so everyone can have the full version. In the meantime, if some patron wants to share the paywalled version they can do it; also, anyone else can create a request thread and wait for some uploader to grab it and share it, but no one does this: some people prefer bashing the dev who is sharing his content for free instead of cooperating with their fellow pirates and using this forum the way it's intended.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
i take it that it doesn't really count as 'paywalled' if the dev himself provides a patch for the updates, after a reasonable delay. imo 1 or 2 weeks is still reasonable. other people might see it different.
proverbial nail again BUT some don't have that patience to wait that 2 weeks so they say game is paywalled.

Reactions: F1forhalp

jI11jaCksjAkk

Jun 26, 2023
Quick question: this update (Ch12) doesn't advance at all for me from my save at the end of the 11. Is this Chapter's content entirely on a single path such that players on a different path see nothing new?? [I don't see a mod for this game, so it cant be that I played previously with a mod.] :unsure:

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Quick question: this update (Ch12) doesn't advance at all for me from my save at the end of the 11. Is this Chapter's content entirely on a single path such that players on a different path see nothing new?? [I don't see a mod for this game, so it cant be that I played previously with a mod.] :unsure:
This chapter advances the timeline in which the MC didn't help Danny and she joins the boutique manager and meets the busty fashion influencer

Reactions: jI11jaCksjAkk

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
There are two paths to the game, signing the contract or not.

Signed the contract: completed.
Didn't sign the contract: Wip

F1forhalp

SOTD: Peter Gabriel - Family Snapshot (live)
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
proverbial nail again BUT some don't have that patience to wait that 2 weeks so they say game is paywalled.
i know i know, 'qq gib nao!' half of them never even says please.
..should quote Treebeard then, right?

small folks .. so hasty.

jI11jaCksjAkk

Jun 26, 2023
There are two paths to the game, signing the contract or not.

Signed the contract: completed.
Didn't sign the contract: Wip
Right, so if I was still playing at the end of Ch11 it can only be on the no-contract path, right? I thought maybe there was a 3rd option I had missed or something.
This chapter advances the timeline in which the MC didn't help Danny and she joins the boutique manager and meets the busty fashion influencer
That sounds like where I was playing at the end of Ch11, so I'm still not sure why loading that save gives me nothing new.

I guess I'll have to start at the beginning and FF through. Was hoping it was a known bug with an easy fix so I didn't have to do that, but oh wel. (y)

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Right, so if I was still playing at the end of Ch11 it can only be on the no-contract path, right? I thought maybe there was a 3rd option I had missed or something.

That sounds like where I was playing at the end of Ch11, so I'm still not sure why loading that save gives me nothing new.

I guess I'll have to start at the beginning and FF through. Was hoping it was a known bug with an easy fix so I didn't have to do that, but oh wel. (y)
Basically, there are only two paths. If the MC agrees to sign, there's all of the content he had with her up to a few releases ago. When she then parts ways with him, it continues with the recent updates.

If instead the player chose to have the MC not sign Danny's contract, you jump to the same spot as when she parts ways with him, so you continue with the last couple of updates.

I haven't revisited the no-contract route to continue it myself, so I don't know if there's a problem. I guess if there's something wrong just let Pixie know. It's possible there's a variable or something that was created since that no-contract route was paused, so there might be an issue now. I'm not sure; I'd have to dig into the code to see what's going on, and I don't have time currently to do so today.

jI11jaCksjAkk

Jun 26, 2023
Basically, there are only two paths. If the MC agrees to sign, there's all of the content he had with her up to a few releases ago. When she then parts ways with him, it continues with the recent updates.

If instead the player chose to have the MC not sign Danny's contract, you jump to the same spot as when she parts ways with him, so you continue with the last couple of updates.

I haven't revisited the no-contract route to continue it myself, so I don't know if there's a problem. I guess if there's something wrong just let Pixie know. It's possible there's a variable or something that was created since that no-contract route was paused, so there might be an issue now. I'm not sure; I'd have to dig into the code to see what's going on, and I don't have time currently to do so today.
Thanks for the extra info. (y) Seems like a very minor bug and not a big deal because I went back to my last save before the Ch11 content and after skipping through Ch11 it did advance successfully to the new update content. :cool:

3D Novelist

Sep 17, 2020
Found this game, thought: Wow, looks cool.
Then I read the description and posts as well as the ones on the main game. And now I'm neither in the mood to play the main game if it doesn't give me anything nor in the mood to play this one without having played the maingame first... Probably not playing any of them now... sad life.
Maybe, if I run out of other games, I might test the waters with the main game... we will see.

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
Found this game, thought: Wow, looks cool.
Then I read the description and posts as well as the ones on the main game. And now I'm neither in the mood to play the main game if it doesn't give me anything nor in the mood to play this one without having played the maingame first... Probably not playing any of them now... sad life.
Maybe, if I run out of other games, I might test the waters with the main game... we will see.
It's not necessary to play A FATHER'S SINS to understand GOING TO HELL. They simply share some characters.
In GOING TO HELL one of them (the coffee shop woman Danny) goes spinning off on her own story arc.

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
That's correct.

I don't think it's a bug. You chose NOT to sign the contract with Danny, correct?
Try choosing the SIGN THE CONTRACT story path to unlock all the content in that story arc.

2.40 star(s) 10 Votes