4.00 star(s) 30 Votes

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
I'm surprised some folks said the "bar.png." worked on any distro of Linux, short of maybe when running the windows exe for it in Wine. Perhaps these people were running it on a Samba share, FAT or NTFS filesystem on their distro? Any of the common "standard" filesystems for Linux (eg ext4, btrfs, xfs) don't do stupid things like respect case on write but ignore case on load (looking at you NTFS), or ignore any special characters like <cr> tacked onto the end because a dev may have screwed up their string filtering. Depending on what the Renpy SDK is doing for system calls that extra "." might be interpreted as is or be considered a regular expression that stands for "any" character other than nothing appears here. Macs will be in the same boat since under the hood they stole a lot from BSD Unix and thus share a common heritage with Linux.

Also if that quick fix on the front page was supposedly for this bug, the link is busted. I had to fix this for myself.

Reactions: JonasSnr

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I'm surprised some folks said the "bar.png." worked on any distro of Linux, short of maybe when running the windows exe for it in Wine. Perhaps these people were running it on a Samba share, FAT or NTFS filesystem on their distro? Any of the common "standard" filesystems for Linux (eg ext4, btrfs, xfs) don't do stupid things like respect case on write but ignore case on load (looking at you NTFS), or ignore any special characters like <cr> tacked onto the end because a dev may have screwed up their string filtering. Depending on what the Renpy SDK is doing for system calls that extra "." might be interpreted as is or be considered a regular expression that stands for "any" character other than nothing appears here. Macs will be in the same boat since under the hood they stole a lot from BSD Unix and thus share a common heritage with Linux.

Also if that quick fix on the front page was supposedly for this bug, the link is busted. I had to fix this for myself.
How long have you been running Linux? It doesn't really matter. The bar.png didn't work on my Slackware, I had to fix it myself, but, it worked fine in LinuxFX and also in Arch.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Well.... since the quick fix link is busted and I ran into more of these, I did a grep throughout the game folder for all bar.png. strings. It looks like the bug has infested all of the rpy files in the game/Nav_Bars folder so I'm just going to attach a zip of all of the fixes I made in there.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
I've done Linux since the yggdrasil days but quickly moved to Mandrake when it was popular. Switched to Gentoo at home since 2003 but had to deal with ubuntu/kubuntu, fedora, RH, RHEL and Centos professionally. On the Unix side, if you know what Ultrix was, that's pretty much when I got into the game over there.

How long have you been running Linux? It doesn't really matter. The bar.png didn't work on my Slackware, I had to fix it myself, but, it worked fine in LinuxFX and also in Arch.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I've done Linux since the yggdrasil days but quickly moved to Mandrake when it was popular. Switched to Gentoo at home since 2003 but had to deal with ubuntu/kubuntu, fedora, RH, RHEL and Centos professionally. On the Unix side, if you know what Ultrix was, that's pretty much when I got into the game over there.
Yeah. I switched to Linux(Slackware) when Winblows 95 was released. Played with Mandrake for awhile and Tried Ubuntu Warty and it just wasn't my thing. Then ran Manjaro for just a bit and quickly switched to vanilla Arch. Now, I'm back on Slack on my main, Arch on 2 other systems and I have a dedicated LinuxFX box for playing Windows games. So, yeah.

Surplouf

May 5, 2020
I really like to know the distrid how this wrong code work and the distrid how is not work.

I made more trust on distrib do not execute the wrong code. This is a good protection for virus and intrusion tentative in my perspective.

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
Good start to this one. One suggestion I would make is to somehow make the action buttons on the navigation bar more distinctive. Perhaps it's related to the bar.png. bug (I'm using Windows 10) but for me it showed up as fairly indistinct text:

Clipboard01.jpg

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Good start to this one. One suggestion I would make is to somehow make the action buttons on the navigation bar more distinctive. Perhaps it's related to the bar.png. bug (I'm using Windows 10) but for me it showed up as fairly indistinct text:

View attachment 839354
I'm going to replace them with buttons, I just have not made them yet. I tried to change the text colour on the words themselves locally but it broke the hover affect.

Reactions: darth sion

SeeEmilyPlay

Aug 12, 2017
Nice, a new Mickydoo game :)
Loved Hustletown, all the girls were right up my alley, just disliked the MC for his totally dumb face.
Good to see this MC looks much better, and the girls are as petite as I like them, great start!

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
I have made a public post on patron regarding where I am going.

Reactions: darth sion

SkinnGames

Jun 17, 2018
I was beginning to think this "game" might just have some potential. But then when I wanted the option to return to the guy that owned the flat, I was told that I was too stupid to figure out that was the obvious thing to do! You don't get to insult me and have me hang around so you get to do it twice! I'm out of here and I'm deleting this stupid "game".

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
I was beginning to think this "game" might just have some potential. But then when I wanted the option to return to the guy that owned the flat, I was told that I was too stupid to figure out that was the obvious thing to do! You don't get to insult me and have me hang around so you get to do it twice! I'm out of here and I'm deleting this stupid "game".
It was an example for when things get harder ;)

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
Download android v0.1 APK
P/s: Request Link Android Game at my

Reactions: mickydoo
4.00 star(s) 30 Votes