Jun 21, 2022
d9_megan_11.png

Dev hasn't said anything in a month
People start to get their hopes up
A damp sound, like someone fell out of bed can be heard

!
People dread the fact that this fucker hasn't bit the curb yet

I went outside and touched grass!
No, just kidding, I've been stuck in my room this past month studying. But I finished my last exam of the semester this week, so now I'm free!
All jokes aside, I appologize for not writing a dev update for over a month. I really needed to take a step back, and focus on my studies. If I didn't do this, things would only be dragged out further. That wouldn't help anyone.
But now that's done. For the time being I'm free to work on the game.
And it shows.
I'm currently 17.000 words into the next update. Idk... the last time I mentioned the progress I think I was at 12.000, so decent progress these past few days.
The next thing to do will be to write the last scene, run the text through a grammar checker, and sent it to be criticiesed. While that happens, I'll have to render out around 300-350 images, create 10 animations, and implement things into the code.
Translations, music, beta testing, and then the next update is ready to be released.
Sounds like a lot... Well, I'll take it one step at a time. One thing that I can tell you is that I think I've became a better writer. At least, I like where things are going. I hope you will do so too.

Keep your eyes open for future updates.
Until then, Enjoy!

Jan 26, 2024
I did enjoy this game, but may I ask what was that with Emily?

Did look like was something with her brother's story, and then PUFF...all resolved without any MC interference.

I will not lie, I was ready to let all the "Supergirls" dealing with their problems to focus on her. lol

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
The only negative thing I have to say about this game is that I really dislike the ex-fiance chick. She's not a badly written character or anything, I just don't like her personally. Other than that, fantastic game.

• Red Heart
Reactions: dabujapanasi

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
The only negative thing I have to say about this game is that I really dislike the ex-fiance chick. She's not a badly written character or anything, I just don't like her personally. Other than that, fantastic game.
Well to be fair the game doesn't do a lot to try make players like her. For much of the game to to current public release, she's just this ex we know next to nothing about. It doesn't help that there's next to no player choice regarding her. Worse still is she comes back and expects to have things the same way as when she left, and the player character is conflicted over it.

It think more people would like her, if she owned up to her mistake more and agreed to start things somewhat fresh. Not saying she should have foreseen a group of pro-harem women entering her exs life, but having expected him to wait for long isn't right.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Well to be fair the game doesn't do a lot to try make players like her. For much of the game to to current public release, she's just this ex we know next to nothing about. It doesn't help that there's next to no player choice regarding her. Worse still is she comes back and expects to have things the same way as when she left, and the player character is conflicted over it.

It think more people would like her, if she owned up to her mistake more and agreed to start things somewhat fresh. Not saying she should have foreseen a group of pro-harem women entering her exs life, but having expected him to wait for long isn't right.
I think it will be fine. Not my favorite either but at least she doesn't throw a fit about the MC being involved with the other girls, so that's a big plus towards her.

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017

That's fair. I think my biggest problem as that for the sake of granting her character autonomy, the others had to lose theirs. What role does the agent chick even have anymore? It felt like her very existence was to be an assistant which could add a feminine touch to the whole thing. But ever since the ex showed up, the agent has done nothing of note.

I'm also not a big fan of the fact that the moment she arrived, she's basically taken center stage. She's basically controlling everything and getting everyone to do what she wants them to do. I fear that her arrival is going to mess up the pacing and relationship development between basically any character but her and the protagonist.

I think it will be fine. Not my favorite either but at least she doesn't throw a fit about the MC being involved with the other girls, so that's a big plus towards her.
This would be preferable. At least then we'd know if we were supposed to hate her or not.

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022
d10_morning_12_Camera (3).png

Have you ever seen anything as beautiful as the world reflected in Tracy's eyes?
Probably, right?

I for my part had to think for a bit until I remembered something I saw that was on the same level. I would tell you about it, but you wouldn't be able to get it. Only as I try expressing it right now, I realized that beauty is actually something hard to quantify. But fuck off. I'm not going to go all philosophical on you.
In my eyes Tracy is beautiful. Then again, seeing pretty faces is common nowadays. They no longer leave me speachless. Stories on the other hand are still able to make me pause in amazement.

But what about the combination of those two? A story accompanied by good visuals.
Congratulation boys.
We figured out why visualnovels work.

^^ That's a way to open a Dev update, isn't it? I'm 100% not trying to streach this post since I don't have too many things to tell you. It's boring. I know. I finished writing the text for the next update, and began rendering. The image accompanying this post is the result of that.
I've finished around 20 images, and 1 animation.

So much for progress. Let's keep talking about fun stuff. In long standing tradition I refrained from fooling you on the first of april. As someone wise once stated: if I ever want to pull a prank on my audience, I wouldn't limit myself to just this one day in the year.
Anyway, I hope you're all doing well.

Until then. Enjoy!

dabujapanasi

Feb 23, 2024
Why the background in the beginning is censored?
Why I can't save the uncensored background, when I visited the steam (link doesn't exist, but after this you can see the uncensored cover)?

dabujapanasi

Feb 23, 2024
View attachment 3543742

Have you ever seen anything as beautiful as the world reflected in Tracy's eyes?
Probably, right?

I for my part had to think for a bit until I remembered something I saw that was on the same level. I would tell you about it, but you wouldn't be able to get it. Only as I try expressing it right now, I realized that beauty is actually something hard to quantify. But fuck off. I'm not going to go all philosophical on you.
In my eyes Tracy is beautiful. Then again, seeing pretty faces is common nowadays. They no longer leave me speachless. Stories on the other hand are still able to make me pause in amazement.

But what about the combination of those two? A story accompanied by good visuals.
Congratulation boys.
We figured out why visualnovels work.

^^ That's a way to open a Dev update, isn't it? I'm 100% not trying to streach this post since I don't have too many things to tell you. It's boring. I know. I finished writing the text for the next update, and began rendering. The image accompanying this post is the result of that.
I've finished around 20 images, and 1 animation.

So much for progress. Let's keep talking about fun stuff. In long standing tradition I refrained from fooling you on the first of april. As someone wise once stated: if I ever want to pull a prank on my audience, I wouldn't limit myself to just this one day in the year.
Anyway, I hope you're all doing well.

Until then. Enjoy!
Tracy is my favourite in this game.
Plus I really like the blind girl, and I feel very pity, that she is a blind, I hope, she will have her eyes back one day.

dabujapanasi

Feb 23, 2024

Maybe she would be killed in the process. This would be perfect. Nathaniel can do this.

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
Development Update 32

1714839925318.png

A Foreign World is way too fucking long.

I love it and I'm here for it (same as you), but I'm at a point where I have to rethink some of my strategies.

For example, whenever I'm uncertain on how to progress the story, or I lack inspiration for the renders, I tell renpy to extract the dialogue, and I listen to the whole thing from start to finish. That's almost nine fucking hours!

It's good because it helps me keep the story coherent, but nine hours are way too much to listen to for someone that curently doesn't have that much time anyway. I'm probably going to stop doing that for a while. Tell me if you notice a difference in writing.

Also my family is starting to ask the hard questions. Last week someone I'm close with told me that they don't expect me to finish my degree this semester. I took it as a personal challenge. So, last week the plan was that I allocate some of the resources I use on the game to the resources I use on my studies. In that case, I would use this dev update to make a confession and tell you that updates will be sparse the next three months.

But then today I was asked when my game is going to be finsihed with the implications that I wouldn't be able to live from making games in the future. Same thing. I took it as a personal challenge, and now I want to prove that I can in fact make decent money creating these games.

So, this isn't really a confession. It's basically my way of letting you know that I'm going to have a couple of challenging months ahead of me where I'm going to both study hard, and create games.

But enough about me for one dev update. I've been creating renders. I'll keep creating renders. I had some animations planed for the next update, but I'm quite sure that I'll cut them. I hope you're all doing well.

Until then, Enjoy!

HighbornTiger

Sizable Pianissimo M*C^2
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
I'm not taking a study break. But reading the comments on my last dev update, I probably phrased things quite poorly. All my work was created during my time at university, and there have always been weeks when I focused on game development and weeks when I focused on not failing my courses.

Usually, I say that an update takes me anything between one and three months. I apologize for the delay. I know it has been longer than three months. On the one hand, it's a big update (so I couldn't finish it back in January before the exam phase), and on the other hand, I had some busy weeks even after my latest exams. Holidays are coming up soon, and I expect to get a lot of work done then.

Vinccool96

Apr 28, 2018
I'm not taking a study break. But reading the comments on my last dev update, I probably phrased things quite poorly. All my work was created during my time at university, and there have always been weeks when I focused on game development and weeks when I focused on not failing my courses.

Usually, I say that an update takes me anything between one and three months. I apologize for the delay. I know it has been longer than three months. On the one hand, it's a big update (so I couldn't finish it back in January before the exam phase), and on the other hand, I had some busy weeks even after my latest exams. Holidays are coming up soon, and I expect to get a lot of work done then.
Don't worry buddy. As long as we get something good, it doesn't matter how much time it takes.

4.30 star(s) 49 Votes